“Very nice and convenient to attractions” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #5 of 27 hotels in Cherokee
Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
“Very nice and convenient to attractions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

We usually stay in Marriotts and this property was much nicer than we expected. The staff had great suggestions for dinner, were very accomodating and the room was quiet and nice.

164 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

On a recent road trip thru NC mountains we began our trip in Cherokee, NC staying at the fairly new Fairfield Inn & Suites. It's just across road from the Harrah Casino so its a great place to stay if you are planning to gamble. Room was in great shape, very nicely decorated. Only complaint was bed was too firm for me; otherwise just what you expect from a newer Fairfield...one of the reasons I always look for these. Consistency; value & cleanness are always guaranteed.

Augusta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

The management and staff of the Fairfield Cherokee are committed to providing excellent customer service. Front desk personnel ensure that guests' needs are addressed promptly to ensure satisfaction. The housekeeping department keeps guest rooms and public areas clean and inviting. The breakfast ambassador presents a well-stocked, attractive environment for guests to enjoy the free breakfast that the hotel offers. The hotel location is convenient to the casino and only a short ride to local attractions.

Conover, Nc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

My wife and I spent a weekend here in June 2011. The staff was great supplying us with easy to follow directions to Byrson City...they have a nice site seeing train with a "Lone Ranger" theme on the weekends. If you aren't staying at the casino...this is the next best thing. The breakfast bar was clean and well stocked. Our room was clean and comfy. Usually...a Fairfield is a Fairfield, but the staff makes this one special!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

It has been a long time since we have stayed in a motel that has treated us like family and not just as customers. I had forgotten my credit card at a restaurant the day before and did not realize until we were checking in. People behind the counter helped us call the credit card company to block further use. The ladies came from behind the counter and gave us a big hug. That shows a lot of class.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Whitsett NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

We just got back from staying at this property in the last week. I was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness of this hotel, the staff, the amenities for the money and the value. The room was very nice, the bathroom very clean and the whole hotel was pleasant. The staff was very nice and accommodating when we asked for extra towels, directions and general information. The only downside to our visit was the pillows. We use extremely firm pillows at home and the pillows are on the soft side.

We will definitely stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011 via mobile

Let me first start by saying the people were friendly. That is about all this hotel had going for them.

I am a travel agent. It is true that I compare every brand to the other of the same caliber. I'm no fool I realize a Comfort Inn is no Westin etc etc but the experiences at this Marriott property were less than desirable.

First when the reservation was made I asked for extra towels, did not get them. I had to ask second time.

Second there was no microwave or fridge in the room. Really? A Marriott property?

Third the pool was small. The fitness room's equipment barely worked.

Fourth they messed the billing up. I had to call twice to speak with the manager which I never spoke too but after about a week and half of tying up extra funds they finally got it fixed.

Lastly the continental breakfast was terrible. There was next to no variety.

As a travel agent in order for me to sell a property to my clients that I have visited I expect the brand to uphold their name. Fairfield of Cherokee failed miserably. I'd rather sell the Hampton Inn a few blocks away.

For the record, this hotel knew I was a travel agent before I arrived.

• Stayed June 2011

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Cherokee? Share your experiences!