“Beautiful hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Louisville, KY
“Beautiful hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed at Harrah’s Cherokee on February 17th. We arrived very late in the night, and although we didn’t use their services, there were still plenty of valet attendants in spite of the late hour. Check-in was quick and easy, and we were very pleased with our room. The bathroom was very large, and the toilet was in a smaller room by itself within the bathroom. The bed was super comfortable, and the room also had a couch, coffee table, and dining table with two chairs. The room was decorated with a modern design. Overall, it was a great experience and I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (562)
eastern NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2010

We have been loyal customers to Harrah's Cherokee since they opened in 97 but I must confess that it seems stupidity has over ridden my better judgement. The hotel is nice but as others have said the smoke in the casino is horrible, and as others have said this is NOT where you go to win, have a good time, yes. I talk to a lot of people and almost all say the same thing. I am a diamond player and have been for quite a while and was sent free tickets to a show, when I called to reserve them the day I got the offer I was told that it was too late they were sold out! Now...where did my FREE tickets go??? From what I have heard at the casino the general consensus is people go there because, as is the case with us, it is closer. From a fool's point of view here take a little bit longer trip and go somewhere else....the casino employee's have told us many times to go to Tunica, much nicer and you actually win there! Thanks for your time, and have a safe and enoyable trip.

anderson s.c.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2010

My Wife and I try to visit monthly and have always been treated well.I;ve noticed lately alot of the machines have mechanical problems. The buttons stick and you have a hard time getting the money into the machine. I have reported the problems but they seem like they can.t fix the problem. They always ask me to move to another machine.

Stayed January 2010
Canton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2010

Love the Hotel. We are treated like royalty and not Diamond Members. Restaurants are excellent. Hotel staff are wonderful. I do agree the casino is tight and might alert the b ig time gamblers to go elsewhere. We do have fun at the casino thought and can now enjoy a beer if we choose.

Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
KNOXVILLE
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2010

Please do yourself a favor and don't ever go to Harrahs in Cherokee NC. The only reason I have ever gone there is it is the closest casino to my home in Knoxville TN The hotel room itself is not all bad. The rooms are clean, the valets are fine and the bell hops are pretty good. But the casino is the wore in America. Their are no cards, no dice no table games period other than a tv screen blackjack game that all the same rules apply but on tv not with cards. If you are anything like me some times you are just itching to play some blackjack and you try to fool yourself and say I can go just over the mountain a couple of hours away to a casino in Cherokee NC. Don't do it!! This is not a casino it is a sham !!! You would be much better off and have more fun if you just drive a little further to southern Indiana to Hollywood, or the Horseshoe or My favorite Bellterra. There you might think you really are in Vegas for a while. I have made this mistake before, then some time goes by and I am wanting some casino action so I go back only to wish I had gone some where else. Next time you are itching to play and vegas is out of the question , and the others are too far to drive- DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND JUST HAVE YOUR NEIGHBORS COME OVER AND PLAY SOME CARDS IN YOUR BASEMENT THAT WOULD EVEN BE BETTER THAN THIS PRETEND CASINO WITH ALL THE ATTITUDE.

Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2010

Been to Cherokee many times over the years but only because it is fairly close for me and I like the surrounding area. The hotel is nice enough but it is very hard to get a room on weekends. The casino however is small and not much to brag about compared to other Harrah's propertys. You will nearly choke on the smoke and it has got to be the 'tightest' casino I have ever seen. It's a good weekend getaway for adults but if I really want to gamble, I go elsewhere because I know I don't have a fair chance of winning any money at Cherokee. That is just a fact. AND if you have kids, leave them at home. They will be bored.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2010

Now they have taken away the self serve coffee and sodas. Made the casino smaller again, How is a person to find a good machine. Each time the casino floor service gets worse and talk about high price wine and beer. I hope folks just say no to buying drinks. The Diamond Club has the worst food in the Harrahs chain. Try AC and check out their food next time. Room had a foul odor and looked like a $20 flop house. If you really want to looooose money and help the Native Americans go to Cherokee

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Harrah's Cherokee Casino & Hotel? Share your experiences!