“Great room at a great hotel” 4 of 5 stars

777 Casino Drive, Cherokee, NC 28719   |
Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Cherokee
GreenLeadersSilver level
NJ
“Great room at a great hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

This was my third visit. Each time I return, the hotel has improved. I asked for a room on a high floor and was rewarded with a room in the Creek tower on the 19th floor with a great view. The sofa next to the window was a great touch. I would sit and read and enjoy the mountains. The restaurants were great especially Brio's. The Starbucks in the lobby is a fantastic addition. I'd carry my Starbucks coffee into the Paula Deen rest. every morning and the staff never fussed at me. The lobby area is one of the best at a Harrah's property. The new Spa is a great addition. The spa was offering a facial/massage deal. I felt so so relaxed after my spa afternoon that I skipped sightseeing that day. My only negative is the pool issue. The pool was closed in July for renovation. Hopefully the pool will be up and running for my next visit!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Doesn't do any good to get free room comps. No rooms are ever available. Sold out dates arent really sold out. Look at play when a rewards member does get to come and play , not how many points they have. If a person comes one time and makes Platinum status in one visit, I would think that would warrant a free room. Just saying.......lost revenue here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Franklin, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Just returned from a two night stay in Cherokee at Harrah's. This was our first overnight at the hotel and we were very pleased with the service and condition of the property. Check in was quick and seamless. Room was spacious and extremely clean. Our dinners were at Ruth's Chris and Brio. Again, excellent service and the food quality was exceptional. We visited the recently opened spa and pretty much had it all to ourselves. Beautiful spa and great service. There was some construction going on close to the spa that was a bit distracting but that will be over soon.

Laurel, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Loved the hotel and Selu Restaurant. Beautiful grounds. I paid extra for a room with a magnificent view of the Smokey Mountains, I did not get it. I was told it was because room was selected by self checkin and Rm 1007 was the price range I selected. Daily cleaning took place late in the afternoon, and we just let it go one afternoon due to the lateness. Room was clean. One tip - I could not get cell phone service in the Cherokee area. I have T-Mobile. However, my husband tried to call me from the room phone to my cell phone, and we were charged $23.00 for the call that I never received. When I complained, I was told "oh well."

Room Tip: Rm 1007 does not have a magnificent view which I had reserved for and paid for as an upgrade. Self...
Green Features: Native grasses on the roof of entrance. Very nice.
Mohrsville, Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Stopped over for two days on our way to Florida....We definitely were quite surprised by the resorts as we heard mixed reviews. We travel and stay at many 4 & 5 star hotels and resorts and this definitely is right up there with them.....Room was well appointed and clean,housekeeping was responsive to our needs and room was quiet and large. If, we had any one thing that we were unhappy with, it was the view out of our window, as we had a 2nd from the end room on a floor, which gave us a view of a wall. We were in the Creek Tower, which is quite a distant from the casino, but the walk is inside an the scenery from the glass enclosed walkway is very pretty. We would stay here again, whenever we get in the area, but would request a different tower or at least a different room location.

Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Hotel is beautiful,and our room in the Soco tower was lovely,clean and had a very comfortable bed. All employees were friendly, helpful and made us feel welcome. We enjoyed the food court,fine dining and of course, the casino. My husband feels the same way and we will certainly return.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Benson, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Spent my honeymoon at this resort and I'm so happy we did!!!! We were in awe when we first arrived because of the picturesque view...from the size of the resort to the landscaping surrounding it simply took our breath away...we made a GREAT choice when we decided to stay here..All the staff was eager to help with our luggage and our accomodations. The rooms where beautifully decorated just as the.pics shown on their website!!!! We were treated with the utmost respect the entire trip..All the staff was smiling and that made our stay more enjoyable..When you stay at this resort you won't have to leave the premises because they service all your needs as they serve food on the premises...For special occasions we will be returning..

• Stayed September 2013

Been to Harrah's Cherokee Casino & Hotel? Share your experiences!