“Front Desk Confusion” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Harrah's Cherokee Casino & Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cherokee
Harrah's Cherokee Casino & Hotel
777 Casino Drive, Cherokee, NC 28719   |
Ranked #5 of 27 hotels in Cherokee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Seymour, Tennessee
“Front Desk Confusion”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We arrived about 45 minutes prior to check-in time. The person at the front desk was evidentally new --- he was a nervous wreck. I asked if our room was ready and the first thing he told us was that there was fee --- for what I asked --- for early check-in. That's new I said. He checked with another person and she looked at the computer and told him "no fee". Then he couldn't figure out the Groupon I presented and had to ask someone. It went on from there. My point is --- if he was that new he should have had a trainer with him. When the whole thing was finally done --- at least 15 minutes later we were on our way. But what a bad impression that made --- I'm glad I've been there before a couple of times or I wouldn't want to come back after that fiasco.

The room was nice and quite large. The only problems there was the magnifier mirror in the bathroom was ready to fall off the adjuster arm and the phone was quite dirty. The handset, the cradle and the dust in the speaker slots was unbelievable --- I wiped it down with disinfectant.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

1,192 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Extremely nice jr suite we stayed in. Roomy, comfortable, luxury suite. Modern & fantastic. The casino was like all other Indian casinos, hard to win anything. The WiFi we used was the big problem. I have used wifi in hotels for years with no problem. This hotel gave me a virus. It got past my Kaspersky security and got hold of my mail contacts.

Room Tip: Higher floors will have less traffic noise.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I hadn't been here in years. Wow! Things have changed a lot. One of the nicest casinos now in our backyard. They have all the same games found out in Vegas and the hotel was impeccably clean. Go upstairs and check out their 24 poker room and also the Brio Italian restaurant. I didn't have time to try Paula Deen's or Ruth's Chris but definitely will next trip.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Love the rooms in the new Creek Tower. Roomy and beautiful. Comfortable.
Don't love the casino too much - really don't like the "Lock N Roll" machines and that covers most of the floor. Have to hunt for old, traditional slot machines. The new Diamond Lounge is great, however. And VERY conveniently located near high dollar slots.

Room Tip: Try to stay in the new Creek Tower. The Soco and Mountain Towers are older, but still nice.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Woodstock, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We had a NYE weekend getaway, that included 8 of us. We stayed in a cabin but visited the casino everyday and night. I'll start with the decor. Newly renovated and it was quite the looker. I could say that The Harrah's was a slight downgrade of the Borgata in Alantic City. This casino had the look of a high end casino. The internior looked great, new slots, and live tables. This casino would easily be in vegas and do well. The new live tables were fun to lose and make money off of. The restaraunts inside the casino and hotel were great. Paula Deens, Ruth Chris Steak, Brio Tuscan, etc. Great casino and i'm sure we will all be back to the Harrah's. Hopefully this time we can get a room as they were all taken. I would highly recommend this casino and the food, hotel rooms I can't say anything about, yet.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Alpharetta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

The Casino Hotel is wonderful but you more than pay for your free room. My sister and I have gone twice sent August 2012 and went back again on Dec 22nd. I lost $1,000 in Dec and $700 in August. My only comp was a free room. I have decided not to go back anytime soon and when I do I will leave my debit card at home and my total budjet is $300. Don't think that you can get back, they will not allow you to win any money.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Mountain view section which is a little closer to the actual casino floor.
Niagara Falls, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed here a few days over Christmas, very nice place, beautiful room, pool (too many kids in there, very noisy) its grown larger over the few years we've been going there, but look forward to our next visit. Small town not much shopping available, but still enjoyed our stay! Paula Dean's place we had breaky 2 mornings, the last one i ordered Banana Pancakes, didn't really like them at all, they should check out Caesar's Palace for preparing that dish. Wouldn't order them again! Overall a excellent place to stay, rooms are very nice!

Room Tip: SPA was very expensive, could be because its new, by the time you give a tip, your into a $200 bill...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Harrah's Cherokee Casino & Hotel? Share your experiences!