“Nice Rooms But No Bargain” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Harrah's Cherokee Casino & Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cherokee
Harrah's Cherokee Casino & Hotel
777 Casino Drive, Cherokee, NC 28719   |
Ranked #5 of 27 hotels in Cherokee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Nice Rooms But No Bargain”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

This recently expanded hotel offers very nice rooms at a reasonable price. The staff is friendly and helpful. It would be nice if the hotel offered free WiFi. The casino recently began serving alcohol, but unlike most casinos, this one does not comp your drinks while you are gambling. BOO! They do, however, provide free soft drinks and coffee. YEA! Harrah's Cherokee should be glad they have no casino competition for hundreds of miles.

1,191 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
Rock Hill, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We stayed at the Harrah's Casino hotel Sun and Monday 11/25 & 11/26TH. The hotel rooms are very nice and spacious. The people are very helpful and gracious. As usual we lost hundreds in the casino. i am sure this more than made up for the rooms which were comped. If you can't afford to lose it, don't gamble in this casino. of course the reason "most" people go here "is" to gamble, So just a word of caution. We always enjoy our stays here but good Lord Harrah's please lighten up on the slots! Very very very tight! If you have time while at Harrah's take a side trip to a little quaint town called Waynesville N.C., approx 25 minutes from Harrah's. Great shopping and there is a wonderful restaurant called the "sweet Onion" on Miller st. I promise you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Take a side trip to Waynesvill N.C. and eat at the Sweet Onion.
Concord, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I have been using my "comps" for room stays and decided to ask for an upgrade. We were amazed at the Junior Suites Cherokee has. If you are a frequent visitor, be sure to ask the casino host for upgraded rooms. For a small cost, we added luxury to the stay. The overall experience was great and already have a date to visit next month. I especially liked the "jet tub"... nothing better that a hot tub to relax and relieve the stress.

Haven't found anything that we haven't enjoyed at Harrah's. They have added more table games to replicate a Vegas experience. The food courts are getting better, but Paula Deens has started closing on Monday evenings dinner.

Room Tip: Ask for room upgrades if you can get them. 9th floor rooms were great.
New Bern
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I played blackjack this trip as I always have. Two tables I sat at the dealers cant count.A couple of times I had to tell them the payout on a hand. One didnt know how to use the bottons on the digital table.I seen people getting paid when they should not have. I seen a gentleman watch the table for about twenty minutes. Once he figured out that the dealer didnt know what she was doing. He sat down and took advantage of the situation. You must have tighter training for the dealers. For God sake if they cant count they should not be dealing blackjack. I realize you have a hard time finding help, but this is out of control. Its frustrating for the players. And your losing money because of it. ACTION NEEDED ! Also please loosen the slots. My wife an I play vidieo poker,and we put in hundreds , to get one four of a kind. Straighten out your blackjack tables and you will be able to pay out more on the slot machines. ACTION NEEDED!

Room Tip: The higher your room is the quieter it will be. You will not hear the traffic.
Wilmington, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

My wife and I have been coming to cherokee since the casino first opened.Both of us are diamond players and have always been. This used to be a fun place to visit. However, over the years it continues to get worse. They have added to the casino and it is very nice, however the old section of the hotel is in desperate need of remodeling. The matresses are old and uncomfortbale, the rooms smell and are in need of repair. As for the casino, I've never expected to come home a winner, but have expected to be able to have a good time. However, after our last visit, we will never return. It did not matter how much we wagered or what type of games we played, there was no way to even enjoy the play because it was over so quickly. The perks for being a diamond player are non-existant here, unlike other casinos. We play a variety of slots and video poker and during our most recent visits, it was simply rediculous. We will never return to Harrah Cherokee again and would not recommend this casino to anyone who enjoys gambling..

Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

The new tower of this hotel is swanky and very nice. The buffet is great and the hotels is gorgeous to walk around. As for the casino, the absolute worst I've ever played at. The atmosphere is not fun, no bells are ringing, the jackpots are low, no one is really winning and the machines just suck up your money. I understand gambling is just that and risky but they have to be the lowest payouts of all Harrahs. If you are lucky enough to ever get a bonus on the slots, some of them only pay less than a dollar. It takes all the fun out of it. The only saving grace to the casino is that they now have live cards. I don't even think they understand how terrible their reputation is. I hear people talking about never going back, it's not fun, etc. I say stay away from the slots!!! The casino is absolutely TERRIBLE!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
No comment
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Cherokee itself is not very impressive, although the mountains are beautiful. I didn't like that cigarette smoking was allowed because it became too much after awhile. Only ate at the Paula Deen restaurant for their Thanksgiving buffet and it was horrible. Food was cold and had sat too long - could have knocked someone out with a roll they were so hard! I think the renovations that have been done since my last visit are an enormous improvement and the staff were very friendly.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Harrah's Cherokee Casino & Hotel? Share your experiences!