“Great changes made for a fun trip.” 5 of 5 stars

Harrah's Cherokee Casino & Hotel
777 Casino Drive, Cherokee, NC 28719   |
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great changes made for a fun trip.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Recently stayed and played at Harrahs in Cherokee, NC. It has greatly improved in the past year. Dealers with real cards, really nice poker room, tons of slots. The resturants now include Ruth's Chris, Brio Tuscan Grill and Paula Deen's. A good step up from the old buffets. Our room in Soco Tower was clean, modern and well appointed with nice flat screen, sitting area and very nice bathroom. At three hours away it is the closest casino to us. In the past we rarely went up there - less than 5 times in 10 years. Tomorrow we leave for our third trip since July.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (778)
Florence, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have visited this hotel and casino many times. The rooms are lovely especially in the new tower. However there is constant construction going on and they are constantly changing the pathways from the restaurants and casino from the rooms and it consists of long, long walks. Don't plan on going there to win because after talking to many people no one seems to ever win and are lucky if they break even.

Kabul, Afghanistan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Now one of the premier Harrahs properties, management certainly put everything into this place- the restaurants are all top notch, shopping on property is upscale, the rooms are fine, and the casino floor is as good as most every place in Vegas.

Only downside is that the escaltors to/from the casino floor switch at random times for security reasons, so you may have a long walk to get back to the hotel elevators.

The golf course is first rate, as good as anything else withing 100 miles, and not crowded at all.

There are a lot of areas under construction/renovation, but that just means that they are constantly trying to improve.

Room Tip: The elevators can be a bit of a wait during check out times-
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at Harrah's in Cherokee. It was during Sandy. We had a great time. The room was huge with a mountain view and very very clean. We ordered room service on 3 occasions and I must say, it beat any room service food we have ever had and we have traveled a lot. A Paula Deen fried chicken dinner came with 4 huge pieces, sides and biscuits that just could not be beat. The casino was good to me and did not rob me. I cannot say enough good things about the staff. My husband fell and hit the cold tile floor while I was checking in. Two very nice ladies saw the fall and so did some staff members. I, at this point was unaware of what had happened. When I got back to where he was supposed to be sitting, he was on the floor with his head in a manager's lap. They quickly called the EMT's who have an office there at the hotel and he received immediate care. The manager quickly called for a blanket and pillow. The efficiency of this group was amazing. It turned out that he did not hurt himself, except for his ego, but the EMT's took him by wheelchair up to our room. The hotel furnished us with a wheelchair for the duration in case we needed it. We will definitely go back again and I do want to thank everyone who helped us to make this a very nice stay.

Room Tip: When you check in, ask for a room with a view. I understand that some are not as good as others. O...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
NEW PHILADELPHIA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We stayed at Harrah's Cherokee Casino & Hotel for two nights on our "rambling" vacation in October 2012. We were traveling with our dog and were very excited to find that they were pet friendly. It did cost an extra forty dollars per night for a pet fee. Valet is free if you stay at the hotel. We were on the third floor right by the elevators. This was very convenient as the "Pet Walking Trail" was just outside that particular elevator on the first floor. I was very dismayed at my first look of the pet walking trail as it goes out the door and dumps you on the street that drives around the hotel. It was quite a ways to down the street and across the casino entrance to reach any grass, and I did ask my husband to go out with me at night as the light over the door was broken. We stayed in a king size room and it was very nice. Big, comfortable bed, and full sized couch with a coffee table, a straight chair and another table. The toilet was seperate from the whirlpool bath and vanity. We had a coffee maker and a mini fridge in our room. The fridge was great as it got so cold I was able to refreeze some of the water bottles I was using as ice. The room was quiet and clean. Housekeeping asks that your dog not be in the room, so when we went out for breakfast I just called down and told them we would have the dog out, and they cleaned the room in the 1-1/2 hours we were gone. We did eat at Paula Deen's, and the buffett. We had a terrible long wait for our food at Paula Deen's, and did not care for the very expensive buffett. It may have just been that we were very tired from golfing all afternoon, but we were not impressed with the buffett. The valet and bellhop were all very friendly and helpful. The girl at the front desk was okay, but did not seem to be much of a people person. I did not spend much time in the casino this trip, so I can't really review it, although it did seem clean. The only big draw back on this hotel is that they want you to pay for wifi. At one hundred seventy dollars per night plus tax, wifi should be free. Overall a nice place to stay and we will go back and try our luck in the casion.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

We spent the first two nights of October at Harrahs in a regular room. It was a nice room but the first morning, the phone rang and they told us they needed to use the room to fix some mechanical problem on the floor. I was sick but we packed up and they moved us to a suite. It was lovely with a lot of square footage and nice views. The perfect place to stay that entire day nursing my cold. We missed the Indian Reservation and Dollywood, both were on our agenda. But we played the slots when we first arrived, and just before leaving I dropped down to the casino to burn off our vouchers and BOOM. I got a couple of really nice jackpots on the $1 slot. I had been to this casino once, when it first opened but it has been totally upgraded - very nice features, similar to Vegas casinos (without so much decadence) - real cards to hold instead of video screens, free valet parking BUT no free drinks for everyone gambling and YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR WI-FI. The winnings trumped the little problems but we would be high on the place even if we lost.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Our fall vacation started on the Blue Ridge Parkway in Roanoke, VA. to the Great Smoky Mountains of Gatlinburg TN. One of our "rest, relaxation & entertainment stops was Harrah's Cherokee Casino & Hotel! Our room was very luxurious but also featured handicap features as my mother & father have walkers to get around. The parking was free and easy to access our tower. We did our sightseeing during the day and went to the casino each night. The hotel, valet, bellmen, casino, total rewards and concierge staff were all so very helpful and friendly! We enjoyed the Paula Deen restaurant and gift shop. Of course when you go to a casino you hope to win but we all know that usually doesn't happen often. So mix your casino stay with some sightseeing and you won't be disappointed with your stay! One of the most beautiful sights we saw were the elk feeding near the Smoky Mountain National Park. We also went on a drive through the park over to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge for the day. We stopped at the site Chimney's, where people picnic. The mountain stream with the fall color backdrop was absolutely beautiful. Then it was back to Harrah's for more fun! I will definitely stay & play at Harrah's again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Harrah's Cherokee Casino & Hotel? Share your experiences!