“Good upgrades” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
NJ
“Good upgrades”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

This was my second visit to Cherokee and I enjoyed my 3 nights at Harrahs. My Creek tower room was spacious, clean and quiet. No complaints about the meals. Won all my money back at the casino so that was a plus.

Parking - I used the self park for the hotel and never paid for parking. The kiosk for your room was easy to work and I had my keys in minutes. I appreciated being able to check in before noon.

New upgrades - this Harrahs has a great hotel feel. I liked all the sofas and chairs where you can sit and relax around the hotel. The fire pit was a nice touch. But be prepared to walk. This a a big hotel and you must have good shoes.

Pool - I wish a hotel will tell you that the pool is closed for repairs. I felt for the parents who had kids who couldn't swim on rainy days.

Food - my favorite spots were the Brio (best meal I had in Cherokee) and the food court. We don't have DunkinDonut express up north. Paula Deen's was good for breakfasts. Disappointed with the Diamond Club. The food was OK but the servings small.

Locale - great spot to visit and see the parks and tourist things

I can't wait for my next visit. Hopefully the spa will be completed by then.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

This casino has a lot to do and is a very nice place. Staff was friendly and helpful. Disappointed that the hotel was booked and we couldn't get a room.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
north carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I have made many trips to Harrah's Cherokee and have stayed at the Hotel as well. Yes each time you go they have made some changes as they are always building something new. My last trip there was in Dec.2011 for a concert.Which was fantastic!! The Hotel and Casino is kept very clean and the employees of the Casino are some of the nicest people you would ever want to meet. You are greeted and treated with respect by every person that is employed by Harrah's the whole time you are there.The people that complain about others smoking need to realize that they do have a NO SMOKING AREA for them to gamble in.So if smoke bothers these people then they need to gamble in that AREA instead of the Areas that allow smoking. I also read on another post that they charge to park,but as many times that I have been I have not had to pay one penny to park.(maybe they were talking about Valet Parking, which i'm sure that does probably cost some money) .I would not hesitate at all about going back to Harrah"s Cherokee,because it is one fine respectiful place. I am planning a trip back to Harrah's within a few weeks and would recommend Harrah's to anyone. There s not one single bad thing that I can say about Harrah's Cherokee Casino & Hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
morganton, NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

stay at cherokee, july 13 -15 the only good thing about the trip was the buffet. housekeeping for the second trip in a row was really bad. on the 14th we asked a house keeper to change linens and towels. she looked at her clipboard and said that was not her room. so i asked her to get the message to the housekeeper whose room it was. later that day we saw her again, and she gave us sheets and towels. so we had to change the bed ourselves. wonder if i get a paycheck for working on my vacation. slots were like normal tight tight tight. not but a 2 hour drive for us but would rather go to tunica or atlantic city.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

My last post about HCC was a little over a month ago about my May 13th visit. My husband and I went again this past week (July 9 and 10) and I am amazed at how much has been added and changed since the last visit. Ruth's Chris Steakhouse is open, Brio Tuscan Grill is open and they have opened a food court that has a Duncan Donuts and 2 other quick meal places. We actually ate at Chef's Stage Buffet (Loved It) and Brio Tuscan Grill (Really Loved It) and we very happy. Our Room was beautiful, completely up graded and modern (Creek Tower). The interior of the casino has been completely revamped and it is beautiful. Several new stores to shop in. Another awesome trip to Harrah's Cherokee.

Room Tip: Creek Tower seems to be the newest and most modern suites.
Statham, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

What is with charging hotel guest $12 for parking? Are we not already losing plenty in your pretty, clean casino with basically friendly staff. I have been coming to Cherokee once a month for 15 years..sometimes more. I resented it when Harrah's started serving liquor but was told it was state law and I would have to pay $8 for an alcoholic beverage....hummmm...you mean you could not charge $1.... That the state of N.C. Dictates how much you charge for that beverage? Ok, I love to gamble and you are the closest, so I keep overlooking the extra charges you keep adding on every few months. Let's not even talk about WIFI. And how about that new restaurant, Ruth's Chris? I've eaten at a few in other locations. We were told upfront by our waiter that they are not affiliated with the casino....well, the food might actually be good and the wait staff trained? Still need some tweaking there folks! Food was delivered at various intervals.... 3 of us had our steaks and lobster while the 4th was waiting 5 min. more for her simple salad. Manners dictated we wait for her dinner to arrive before we all started. When asked for butter for the lobster...another 5 min wait, a almost frozen slab of butter was delivered in a little cup.....NOOO..can you melt this butter? It came back out as a glob in the little bowl....soft, but not melted. Go with a sense of humor, don't expect too much, you are paying for entertainment....IF you win...you are one of the lucky few...yes I have seen some win. The hotel is very comfortable,clean, and staff friendly. Love the new theater and have enjoyed several performances there. Paula Deans's....again I have eaten at several locations but if you don't like catfish ( which is very good here), don't try this one for dinner. Breakfast is good at Paula's. The buffet is a buffet so you should know what to expect. Krispy Cream doughnuts in the food court are sooo fresh! The new additions are very pretty and I am happy to
have had a part in paying for them. You get more gambling time for your $ in other casinos, but they are further away and can not be just an over nighter for a quick fix.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

First and last time at Cherokee. As a guest of hotel you have to pay $12.00 for valet parking, gamble at the casino, which is very tight you have to pay for drinks. The least they could is comp you on drinks after taking your cash . Hotel is nice, they atr trying to be Las Vegas. Never happen. No more trips to Cherokee.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Harrah's Cherokee Casino & Hotel? Share your experiences!