“Best Kept Secret In Cherokee” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Cherokee
Atlanta
“Best Kept Secret In Cherokee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I was so impressed with the place. Actually enjoyed it better than Harrah's hotel.

David was very cool, and he smelled like cookies when I checked in. LOL!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Maysville,NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

It was a very nice hotel and staff was very pleasant. We had forgot our house and car keys and they wouldn't send them C.O.D because they got burnt in the past (undertstandable). What I didn't like is that I sent them a check for the amount they told me and it was more than what it cost to send them. I did not get my change back and when called to inquire about it, the Manager is and has been avoiding me and never returned my call. I did get my keys though and next time I will check all drawers before we leave. Staff and room I was very pleased with. Management???

Room Tip: I liked our room on the first floor close to the exit door and parking lot.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

The room we had at this hotel is smaller than the typical room you would get at the Hampton Inn. The bathroom only has the bath and toilet. Vanity sink is on hallway as you enter the room, so closet space is cut down to just a coat rack. If any of these things matter to you then you won't be happy. I was sharing a room with a fellow motorcyclist, so none of these things bothered us.

It did have a nice large refrigerator, small micro-wave oven, Wi-Fi, cable TV, continental breakfast... the usual stuff. As far as breakfast, skip the complimentary breakfast and go to Peter's Pancake and Waffle. Great breakfast place within a mile of the hotel.

Staff was very friendly and offered us towels to wipe the morning dew off our motorcycles. Eveywhere we went, people we very friendly and courteous.

Your on an American Indian Reservation, so no alcohol to be found (except at Harrahs while gambling). We did not ant to go to the casino. Within a mile, you can get off the reservation and find a liquor store (beer and wine).

Room Tip: Ask if they have suites with larger bathrooms. Not sure if the have...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Pinconning, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I was trying to find a hotel that was near the entrance to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, and this was a perfect choice. The front desk staff was very friendly. The room was very clean and comfortable. The wireless internet worked well. It wasn't particularly near many restaurants, but it seems as though things in Cherokee are rather spread out. In the end, I would definitely stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to Baymont Inn Cherokee / Smoky Mountains? Share your experiences!