“Nice little motel right on the river” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Riverside Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cherokee
Riverside Motel
U.S. 441 South, Cherokee, NC 28719   |
Ranked #12 of 27 hotels in Cherokee
Atlanta, Georgia
“Nice little motel right on the river”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Surprise! That's how I felt when I got to my room and looked right out on the trout stream running through Cherokee. The room had a comfortable king size bed and was clean and neat. The really cool thing was a high table with two stool chairs sitting right in front of big window over looking the stream. I was upstairs and most of the trout fisherman were down stairs. The stream there is stocked by the Cherokee and is controlled by them. A permit is required but looked like a good deal considering the number of fish being caught.

The rate was great, nearly 25% less than the chains in area.

I went to the casino and didn't get in until 2 AM. Slept like a baby until 10 AM. Peaceful, quiet and did I mention the view of the stream. I'll be back for sure.

Room Tip: Upstairs has the best view.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

20 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
New Lexington, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2010

just speaking of about my stay-rooms were great,beds were best we slept on all week.very clean.didnt look best when we pulled in to hotel ,but loved it once we got to rooms.we was only gonna stay 1 night but loved the atmosphere,so we stayed another.we used to stay at the quality/comfort inn in cherokee,but after this week,we will go back to riverside.we have been all over the U.S.A. on motorcycles and felt very at home here.watching the people trout fish from our balcony was relaxing.the people running the place were very nice.im from ohio and dont know any of the owners or workers,this is just my expierience.ive never rated a hotel,but me and 3 other couples on motercycles loved it.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
salibury
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2010

this may be considered by some as a low end motel but the family that owns it go out of thier way to make your experiance with them enjoyable. The atmoshpere outside the hotel is very charming. The stonework along the riverside is awesome. This is a great motel for families on a budget. We will return. As a matter of fact, we have reservations for today and will be checking in a few hours from now to spend the Fourth of july weekend. Where else could you get nice clean rooms, beautiful scenery and close proximity to the casino for $89 per nite on a holiday weekend?

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
satisfied
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2010

Me and my family have been comeing to this motel for yrs. We where surprised to find out they have new furniture, mattress, and a new paint job........There fixing it up little by little and it looks great....

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
north carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2009

We arrived at Riverside Motel, it wasn't the best looking but we figured hey it's the mountains and alot of places aren't fancy. As we proceeded on to our room we noticed the door was kicked in, the room smelled, there was no fridge(we were told there was), it was just a complete dump. My husband went to the office to ask for our money back and they tried to keep half of the money, my husband insisted not and they refunded our full amount. Although I am dealing with my credit card company right now b/c the refund isn't showing up but hopefully it will in the next day or so, We ended up going to the Drama Inn which was much nicer, people were friendly and it was very convinient to lots of things to do.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Greenville SC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2008

Well me and my family always went to Riverside Camp Ground and stayed.The old camp ground was so much funner.We always rented the moible homes they had there but sometimes we camped.We always worried Harvey to death...LOL we was only 6 years old.We seen the motel being built.We would sneek up there and look around the rooms.It took them a coulpe of years to build it.The one by the water was the first one.After the motel was built they changed the way you come in.You us to come in above where the old store was...Its got a room built over it now.....We loved playing in the river,tubing down to Bryson City.Granny always brought alot of change for us 5 grand kids to go to there little store to buy candy,drinks(Chocolate Soldier,Dr Pepper) or to rent tubes up there.Evening time us kids would go up to the bath house to get ready to go to the dance they had on the side of the road.We would be there til 10 or 11 at night.We would ride on the tail gate there and back to the camp ground.So many wonderful moemories we had there growing up....Yes I think now it could use alot of work...But you know if those grounds could talk you could hear alot of great times people has had through the years..I meet Harvey up there this past year (June 2007) He's getting old.I think he does his best with it I hope...I think its grand kids that takes care of the place now.MAN I HAD SO MUCH FUN COMING THERE WHEN WAS GROWING UP WE ALWAYS STAYED THERE UP TO ABOUT FEW YEARS AGO...After I got married we took the kids up there a few times as they was growing up but after we didnt come for a few years and went back it had started changing...Man the more I sit here talking about it the more I wished I was younger again...I had my first crush their on a Indian guy...cried because i had to come home...Cried a couple weeks after I got home...LOL Well I know your getting tried of me running my mouth..IT WAS FUN STAYING THERE GROWING UP!

Sorry but we dont stay there now but we do go by and visit the place and talk about old times!

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2007

A so-called website got my attention with the picture of a beautiful riverfront deck made of stone with the rippling water of the river. You could even hear the splashing of the water on the short video clip. In- room coffee, right. The only thing that even made the two day weekend getaway survivable, is that my 3 boys had fun doing things away from the room. The major issue is about $75,000 worth of improvements and a well trained staff and it could be nice. There are two or three better chooices, closer in. The ey is not to always believe an old picture or a website without seeing the big picture. I don't know the price, but The Drama looked nice if you got a private pdeck and hot tub. Its close to alot of things in the Museum area.

• Liked — The view of the river
  • Disliked — The view of the room
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Riverside Motel? Share your experiences!