“making it our usual” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sleep Inn Cherokee

Sleep Inn Cherokee
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cherokee
Sleep Inn Cherokee
Save Saved
You added Sleep Inn Cherokee to your Saves list
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   US 441 South, Cherokee, NC 28719   |
Ranked #18 of 27 hotels in Cherokee
Dallas, Georgia
“making it our usual”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2007

our family of five have stayed here two years in a row,we liked it so well last year we came back this year as well. plan on keeping it our usual spot to stay in this area. clean rooms, great staff(i saw a staff member showing an elderly lady how to play solitair on the public computer that is available!)love the location, just off reservation and away from the casino crowd, yet close to everything. great place.

• Liked — great staff and location
  • Disliked — our bathroom door lock was broke
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

20 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Hendersonville, NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2007

There were four adults in our party that stayed two week-end nights at the Sleep Inn in Cherokee, NC. We found the hotel to be very comfortable overall. The Staff were very courteous, helpful and friendly, but the hotel itself is lacking in some areas. The elevator stopped working our first evening there, so we took the stairs for the rest of our stay. ( We were on the 3rd floor). The shower dripped our entire stay(we kept the door closed to the bathroom stall, so it didn't keep us awake). We did report this immediately, but it wasn't taken care of before our leave. There are overhead lights in the rooms, but no table lamps for the late night reader that doesn't want to keep the roomate awake with the lights. One of our rooms had small ants which we reported but weren't taken care of before our leave. The bedside table is tiny and will only hold the telephone, so you really can't have the clock beside your bed. The rooms seem to be clean, linens were clean, the continental breakfast had a variety of items, and the dining room was clean. My belief is there are not enough staff to take care of problems. I think the staff that is there is probably over worked . The grounds definitely needed attending too.
The plants around the pool area were dead and there is a gorgeous shrub near the front left corner that is in dire need of pruning to remove the dead branches from the weather.
The building is nice, the setting is nice, but overall the Sleep Inn needs attention.

• Liked — the staff
  • Disliked — overall maintenance lacking
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2007

We booked on the spur of the moment. Found clean accomodations, friendly, helpful staff, staying again this year.

• Liked — Cleanliness, friendly staff
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Wilmington, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2007

Should you listen to me? Overall I like a clean room. Has to be clean. Prefer a new hotel or a recently renovated one. Usually stay at mid-range places and a resort is a treat for me. Typically I stay at a Hampton Inn and occasionally a Ramada/Hilton.

The Good:
Our room was very clean. The staff was about what was expected. Not overly eager to assist but answered questions and were pleasant. Breakfast was OK - just bad configuration of the dining area made it crowded. Pool was nice.

The So-So:
Know going in that this is a drive away from anything. You have a long walk ahead of you if you want to walk to eat or shop. A shuttle will take you to/from the casino. The pool is detached from the hotel and was a bit cold - but it was in single digits and snowing outside which was neat to see while I swam in the pool. Not sure if all rooms are this way but the room did NOT have a tub - only a shower. Something to check on.

The bad:
Not much. Elevator was a bit slow and a staff member told me it gets stuck on occasion. The door did get stuck open once and had to be "convinced" to close. Like I said before - hotel sits alone on the south end of town.

Food:
The snow forced some closings. Took takeout buffet box from a steakhouse opposite the casino (and south some) and it was nothing to write home about. Ate at J. Arthur's restaurant in Maggie Valley. Pretty good but will try elsewhere if in the area again. BEST meal of the weekend was at Peters Pancakes and Waffles just outside the park entrance coming from Cherokee.

To do:
Was supposed to hike but Newfound Road was closed. Cherokee Indian museum was very nice. Did several dayhikes in the park and took in Mingus Mill for photo shots. Went to Maggie Valley twice to tube but it was sold out each time we tried. My advice is go early, buy a ticket for a later time, go eat something in Maggie Valley, and come back. There was more to do but a lot was closed b/c of the weather.

• Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2006

We were very concerned over our hotel reservation since we booked the reservation after we had read the website reviews. It was to late in the month to schedule somewhere because all hotels were booked up. Our room had a neat appearance and was clean. The only thing was our shower stall had been sprayed with cleaner and not rinsed off so there was a strong scent which did not last long after we rinsed out the shower for a few minutes.
The room does not have a bath so if you have small children that are used to taking baths, they will have to adjust and take a shower with parents.
The Continental breakfast was a pleasant suprise with a variety of hot and cold foods.
The hotel front desk was courteous. However they should keep personal conversations reserved for breaktimes and not in front of hotel guests.
Overall a good stay. I would stay there again if I needed to but for next year we plan to stay at another hotel.

• Liked — breakfast--better than anticipated.
  • Disliked — The heated pool was outside the hotel building
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2005

We stayed at Sleep Inn in Cherokee the night of July 3rd. There was no remote control and the advertised casino shuttle was not running (no one on duty to drive). HBO was advertised and was not available. There was only one person on duty in a full hotel. We turned down the sheets on the beds only to find makeup smeared on the pillowcases and obviously slept in (filthy) sheets. We had to go downstairs at 10:30 pm to get our own sheets and change our own beds. We went downstairs for breakfast (sub-standard) only to find a plastic ice bucket with at torn hand lettered sign on the buffet that said TIPS. The manager was on vacation (during the week of July 4th) and the employees said they could not make any adjustments. I called twice on July 6th when the manager was supposed to be in. I left my phone number both times and never received a call back.

I contacted Choice Hotels about this fiasco. They were unable to do anything because Sleep Inn is a franchise. i'm not sure the purpose of their customer service department since they apparently have nothing to do with the operations of their franchises. They got in touch with the manager who said he sent me a letter, but I never received one. I am demanding a refund of my $141 that I paid for the worst hotel experience I have ever had. I am currently working through VISA to protest the charge. My suggestion is that you avoid Choice Hotels and this Sleeep Inn in particular.

• Stayed July 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2005

We had a coupon from Traveler Discount Hotel Guide for March-June 2005. We went to the Sleep Inn in Cherokee, NC, presented the coupon and were told by the receptionist that the coupon was absolutely useless and that she had never seen a coupon there. When I asked her why they had them published she said that she would call her boss, Gene. Gene asked her how much the rate was and then she said that it was to be used at their discretiion. Nowhere on the coupon is it specified that rates might not be honored. Nowhere did it specify possible higher rates on week-ends. I have the coupon. You too can see the coupon in the Traveler discout guide hotel coupons for North Carolina. This is a definite case of false advertisement. The receptionist said that she had never seen any coupon honored at that hotel.

Stayed January 2005

Been to Sleep Inn Cherokee? Share your experiences!