“Very disappointed” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sleep Inn Cherokee

Sleep Inn Cherokee
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cherokee
Sleep Inn Cherokee
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   US 441 South, Cherokee, NC 28719   |
Ranked #17 of 27 hotels in Cherokee
Ga.
“Very disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2009

I'm not usually one who complains be here goes. The rooms are decent but not what we were told if those are queen size beds I would hate to see their double beds. The indoor heated pool was a joke . The pool water was ice cold and the building temp. was 59 degrees. When we ask the staff about the pool we were told the room is heated not the pool I'm sorry but I'm not about to let my children in a cold pool in a room that is 59 degrees, oh and not to mention the water was also nasty. They did call us later to tell us that their sister hotel had agreed to let us use their pool and it's only 10 miles away.Yea right I'm going to load my children in the car and drive 10miles away to swim at another hotel where's the lodgic in that . So i guess the saying pictures can be decieving is really true

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family

20 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Largo,Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2008

My husband and three kids stayed at the sleep inn in nov. 2008. We are from F.L. and wanted a nice vacation to the Smoky Mountains but instead after staying at the sleep inn we woke up to bed bugs. My son and I had so many bites, we had to see a doctor while we were supost to be having a family vacation!!!! I would not recommened this hotel and I'm doing every thing I can to tell everyone about our experience!!!!!!!!!!!

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — we suffered bed bug bites
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hickory, NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2008

I was comped two nights at a partner hotel by Harrah's Cherokee. That partner hotel turned out to be the Sleep Inn in Cherokee. Having been around the area before, I had noticed this hotel and thought it looked pretty nice from the outside, and indeed it is nice on the outside. The building looks fresh and the landscaping is well appointed. This, however, is the only bright spot with this hotel.

Check-in was easy enough, although I never recieved a smile or a "thank you", two things I appreciate when dealing with someone in the customer service field. The hotel seemed to be filled with employees who did little but sit around in the lounge and watch t.v. or play on the guest computer in the lobby. More than a couple of times, I went to get on the computer to check my email, only to find a hotel employee, or one of their friends who wasn't a guest, busy playing a game of solitaire or checking their own email. I'm not unreasonable and don't mind everyone using the computer, but it seemed to me that the employees viewed this computer as their personal workspace and guests who used it were infringing on their play time.

The room was o.k. I requested a non-smoking room and was placed in a smoking room without notification of that fact until I noticed the three ashtrays in my room. I'm a smoker myself, however, so it didn't bother me terribly. The room was clean and the t.v. & toilet worked fine, so I can't complain.

Overall, I appreciate the fact that the room was complimentary, but if I had the choice to stay again, I would probably not stay here. I definately would not pay to stay here. My experiences with Cherokee hotels is fairly limited, but I know there are places in town nicer than this.

• Liked — The bed was comfortable.
  • Disliked — Unprofessional staff.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
jacksonville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2008

We had great experience at Sleep Inn, Cherokee NC. We stayed from June 23/25. Hotel staff was extremely nice and helpful. Hotel room was clean and everything inside looked new, there was no dirty spot on the carpet at all! Pool area was ok, just a bit smaller than at other hotels. Beds were not to firm but not to soft, I had back surgery and can't sleep on soft beds but this one was just right.
Sleep Inn has everything that any other major hotels have but everything is bit smaller. The bathroom could be bit bigger but it was fine.
I just hated some guest who rented nonsmokers room across the hall from us, but they kept smoking so I called receptionist and they took care of it in minutes.
I am definitely going back, and I will recommend Sleep Inn at any time!
Family in rm 106!

• Liked — It was clean and neat
  • Disliked — People who smoke in nonsmokers rooms
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2008

this is a nice place if you are traveling through town and need a place to stay overnight, the beds are comfortable, and the linens are clean,, the staff is friendly as well. but for any stay of 2 or more days i wouldn't recommend. housekeeping services are second rate at best, they never vacuumed the floors, never cleaned the bathroom, all they did was make up the bed, i made coffee in the room. the pot still has coffee in it and they never replaced the filter packs. we had a room with a wirlpool tub. you needed a stepladder to get into it. the shower had the poorest water pressure i have ever seen.. when we approached the staff about the cleaning, they told us it would be taken care of, but it never was

overall i would rate this place about a 3 or 4 on a scale of 1-10, 1 being the lowest 5 average.

• Liked — location was quiet but still nearby everything
  • Disliked — cleanliness
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dallas, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2007

our family of five have stayed here two years in a row,we liked it so well last year we came back this year as well. plan on keeping it our usual spot to stay in this area. clean rooms, great staff(i saw a staff member showing an elderly lady how to play solitair on the public computer that is available!)love the location, just off reservation and away from the casino crowd, yet close to everything. great place.

• Liked — great staff and location
  • Disliked — our bathroom door lock was broke
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hendersonville, NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2007

There were four adults in our party that stayed two week-end nights at the Sleep Inn in Cherokee, NC. We found the hotel to be very comfortable overall. The Staff were very courteous, helpful and friendly, but the hotel itself is lacking in some areas. The elevator stopped working our first evening there, so we took the stairs for the rest of our stay. ( We were on the 3rd floor). The shower dripped our entire stay(we kept the door closed to the bathroom stall, so it didn't keep us awake). We did report this immediately, but it wasn't taken care of before our leave. There are overhead lights in the rooms, but no table lamps for the late night reader that doesn't want to keep the roomate awake with the lights. One of our rooms had small ants which we reported but weren't taken care of before our leave. The bedside table is tiny and will only hold the telephone, so you really can't have the clock beside your bed. The rooms seem to be clean, linens were clean, the continental breakfast had a variety of items, and the dining room was clean. My belief is there are not enough staff to take care of problems. I think the staff that is there is probably over worked . The grounds definitely needed attending too.
The plants around the pool area were dead and there is a gorgeous shrub near the front left corner that is in dire need of pruning to remove the dead branches from the weather.
The building is nice, the setting is nice, but overall the Sleep Inn needs attention.

• Liked — the staff
  • Disliked — overall maintenance lacking
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Sleep Inn Cherokee? Share your experiences!