“Great staff and location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Chestnut Tree Inn Cherokee

Travelocity Expedia.com
Chestnut Tree Inn Cherokee
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   37 Tsalagi Rd., PO Box 1929, Cherokee, NC 28719 (Formerly Holiday Inn Cherokee)   |
Ranked #17 of 27 hotels in Cherokee
“Great staff and location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

My mother and I stayed at the Chestnut Tree this past weekend. We aren't huge gamblers so we were looking to do other things around town. We spoke to the front desk clerk, I can't remember her name but I know she had long brown hair and was very sweet. Well, she gave us a list and a map of different things in Cherokee and the surrounding towns of Bryson City and Sylva. She answered all of our questions and even called to check on things that she didn't know about. The best part was that she even remembered us the next morning and asked us how we liked our trip. My mother and I were both impressed that she remembered us because she had been checking people out all morning while we were eating breakfast. I also really enjoyed that the hotel was away from the busyness of downtown. Traffic near the casino was crazy and it was nice to get away from it and be able to relax. I would stay again because every staff member I met was very helpful and the breakfast was delicious. I loved the country buffet but it was kind of ridiculous to have to pay extra for juice so we just had coffee since it was free. The rooms are a little small, but they were clean and we didn't have to ask for anything extra out entire stay. I would recommend people stay here.

• Stayed June 2013

153 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We originally had asked for a "smoking room" when registering online. When we arrived, they assigned us to a non-smoking room which was right next door to a "smoking room". We did not
realize this until we had moved everything into the room from the car. When we noticed, I notified the front desk, they came and helped us move and even moved the refrigerator to the smoking room for us. They could not have been more accommodating. The Friday night fish buffet was absolutely wonderful. All the breakfast's were free and all the evening meals were great.

Room Tip: They are all good.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Pilot Mountain, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The best part of the stay was the fact that everyone was so tolerant and kind. They were so happy and nice. The breakfast hash was the best thing on the buffet, especially with hot sauce. The whirlpool lacked luster. I was hoping for a "hot tub" effect...not there. Our bed was comfortable, thankfully.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

The beds are fabulous & nice to have free FULL buffet breakfast every morning. Disappointed no frig or micro in room. Pool was hard to get in, no steps leading in, was like above ground with ladder. They have a whirlpool which is a joke, the water wasn't even hot. I really mean whirlpool, a small pool that has a small whirl in it. They told us it was not allowed to have jacuzzi's or hot tubs in NC. WOW! That was was a let down. All in All it was a great place to sleep & eat! Better value than most in this area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dillsboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I stayed 2 nights over Mother's day weekend. I wanted to stay in Dillsboro, but did not realize it was also graduation weekend, and since I was booking last minute, most everything in my budget was already sold out. Stayed here for around $90/night, which was a great price considering most of the places that still had vacancy were $200+.
It is a motel-style, with rooms opening to a breezeway or the parking lot, not an interior hallway. The rooms are basic, small bathroom area, no fridge or microwave, just a hair dryer and coffee maker. The room was clean, though seemed a little rough around the edges - some fraying carpet, stains on the walls/ceilings, cracked tile in bathroom, stains in the tub, scuffed furniture. They offered minimal toiletries, and needed to ask for extra towels for everyone staying in the room.
Breakfast was included in the room, but was "restaurant style" where you had to be seated by a hostess, and a waitress took your drink order. We needed a ticket to make sure the breakfast was free, but only one ticket for the entire room, which meant everyone in the room had to eat together. I prefer a continental style where you can come and go as you please - so one person can eat breakfast while someone else is showering, etc. The breakfast was enjoyed by others in my room, but not to my liking. It was a hot buffet, with scrambled eggs, sausages, biscuits & gravy, french toast, pancakes, bacon, hashbrowns, etc. I had to ask for oatmeal, and there was no fruit, yogurt, etc. available.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Conover, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I was here for one night. The staff are very friendly and breakfast was amazing. The room was clean, but the bathtub was very small. I liked that it had some Cherokee flair in the lobby area and didn't look like a typical cookie-cutter chain hotel. All over a nice place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Better than many other economical choices in Cherokee this property has friendly helpful staff but can't really hide the fact that its basically an upscale Motel 6. Large but cozy lobby invokes an Indian motif with lots of paintings of bears and eagles. The rooms are strictly second rate, but if you're just looking for a place to crash between trips to the casino this place will do fine. There is a restaurant on the property (I only sampled the free breakfast buffet, which was pretty bland with tasteless sausage and undercooked hash browns) plus an indoor pool (which was full of kids, as was the hot tub). Just down the road from Harrahs and downtown Cherokee, you could do a lot worse at many unknown-name properties in the area. All room doors open to the outside so you don't have to walk past the front desk coming and going. While the front desk staff were efficient and do a fast check-in, the housekeeping staff left a lot to be desired., every day something else was missing, one day wash clothes, the other plastic drinking glasses. Leaving wet towels in the bathroom for me crosses the line so they could definitely stand some improvement in this area. I would not mind staying there again, but it would not be my first choice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Chestnut Tree Inn Cherokee? Share your experiences!