There were two couples in our group and we stayed two nights (Saturday and Sunday). The hotel/motel is two stories (you enter rooms from the outside) and contains approx 175 rooms in a three building complex on a hill. The exterior is quite dated (70's vintage), however, the rooms have been renovated. We stayed in two rooms with king beds that had very comfortable matresses. Overall the complex was clean but dated. The ice machine in our building was broken and when we requested ice were told to go to the next building (a chilly walk down and back up a hill). They served a buffet breakfast (included with the room). On Sunday morning the buffet line was long and we had to go in the kitchen to ask them them to replenish the food. Front desk personnel were pleasant but not willing to go out of their way to offer service. There is an indoor pool with a hot tub. I would not recommend the workout facility. There were four (4) pieces of workout equipment that appeared to be antiques. We plan to stay at Harrah's Resort on our next visit. Oh I almost forgot, the Chestnut Inn mentions that shuttle service is available to the Harrah's Resort. We found it to be highly unreliable. Overall, Chestnut Inn receives a C-.rating.
- Also Known As:
- Chestnut Tree Inn Cherokee Hotel Cherokee
- Chestnut Tree Inn Cherokee Hotel
- Holiday Inn Cherokee
- Cherokee Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Magnuson Hotels affiliate is located near Harrah’s Casino, the Oconaluftee River, Great Smoky Mountain National Park, Santa’s Land Family Theme Park, Western Carolina University, Cataloochee Ski Area and the Cherokee Indian Village. The Chestnut Tree Inn offers guests an indoor and outdoor pool, free hot breakfast served from 7 am to 11 am, The Chestnut Tree Restaurant, fitness room, free high-speed wireless Internet access, guest laundry, fax/copy service, wake up service, free parking with room for large vehicles and meeting facilities with A/V equipment and catering available. A massage therapist is on-call. Guest rooms may offer free high-speed wireless Internet access, coffee maker, cable TV with extra stations, hair dryer, iron/board, free local calls, room service, air conditioning, alarm clock and electronic door locks. Microwave and mini-fridge may be available upon request. Requests are not guaranteed, and will be granted based on availability at check-in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Olotels, Priceline, getaroom.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Chestnut Tree Inn Cherokee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.