“week of fall vacation” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 27 hotels in Cherokee
Tellico Plains, Tennessee
“week of fall vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

we stayed a week, close to the Blue Ridge Parkway, many places to eat nearby, right at the edge of the small town, if interested, see the Cherokee Indian Museum, walk the shops, they are full of shirts and china gifts, some shops outside of town have authentic items made by the Cherokee, be careful, look around, we found more outside of Cherokee, going toward Maggie Valley, and in downtown Bryson City, which is a must see also, shops of all types, many places to eat, Smoky Mountain Railway also,,, the whole area is a must see, plan a week to see it all,

Room Tip: couples get a room in the 3 lower buildings, kids and family a room near the pool, for obvious reaso...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Shea T, Assistant General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for the great review of our hotel. Positive feedback is always a good way to give our staff a little extra boost to know they are doing a good job. I know if you look at reviews online for hotels some are not that great but unless you know the circumstances that go along with that review it's really not fair sometimes. That's why I try to respond to most of ours that we get for the Quality Inn. You appreciate all feedback good or bad because it always helps you improve where you need to. The good reviews such as yours just don't always shine through. Sad to say but it's true. Your business is greatly appreciated and we thank you for promoting the area also. A lot of guests come for Harrahs but I'm glad to hear you took in more area attractions and did some sight seeing. We would love to have you back again when you are in the Cherokee area. Have safe travels.

119 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

When I walked into my room, I immediately noticed a stale odor from cigarette smoke. I went up to the desk to try to change rooms and to give the reason why. The clerk told me that I was given a non-smoking room and never apologized even though she knew that I was upset. She did take a minute to look for another room for me, but all the non smoking rooms were taken. I couldn't sleep that night because the linens and blanket smelled of smoke..I would never recommend this motel and will not return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Shea T, Assistant General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Thank you for the feedback because it is always welcomed. I'm sorry you had trouble with your room while staying at our hotel. I understand your room smelled like smoke upon entering. We do have some smoking rooms on the property but if a guest checks in and one smokes and the other doesn't. Sometimes they will smoke outside on the balcony and if they do not close the door the odor will come back into the room. Either way I'm sorry about this and had housekeeping noticed we could have done a better job with odor and hopefully avoided this situation. I see that you had asked the front desk to move you but if we didn't have another non-smoking room available then they could have sprayed the room for you and or used carpet sprinkles to help with the smoke smell. If housekeeping had noticed we could have thrown the pillows away and replaced them. Also we could have swapped out the bed linens for new ones. These are just different options we could have tried. I'm sorry to hear that you would not give us another try in the future but I hope that you would change your mind in the future.
Columbia, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Called a few hours after checkout and was told housekeeping hadn't cleaned my room yet and to call back the next morning. Asked them to check then, was told to call back in 15 minutes. Turns out the room HAD been cleaned, and the watch had not been found. The supervisor did not find this suspicious and insists they have no security cameras etc to check the hallway. I know I'll probably never get my husband's watch back, but I want public record of this happening so that the next time it happens they can't say "it's not a problem here"

• Stayed October 2013
Shea T, Assistant General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
I understand your frustration about this issue but I was one of the people you spoke with about this over the phone the day you checked out. At the time you first called I didn't know the room was clean because when housekeeping cleans a room they code the room in as clean over the phone. They punch in their code and it shows up in the computer system as clean. This certain room had not been coded in. The front desk clerk was the first to go check and then I went myself after I spoke to you. That is when I discovered the room had been cleaned but the housekeeper had forgotten to code it in. I spoke to the housekeeper and the houseman that stripped all the dirty linen and neither one of them had found anything. I searched this room with flash light. I moved all the tables and searched all around the bed and even pulled the bed away from the wall to make sure it hadn't fallen behind it. Keep in mind this same houseman had stripped more rooms earlier and found a wallet with cash in it. He turned this in to me and the housekeeping supervisor himself and had a note attached with it with the room number on it where it was found. The guest from that room called back later and asked if we had found the wallet and even stated how much cash was in it and it was exactly what the houseman had turned in. I have a hard time believing if he was going to take anything out of a room why he would turn cash in and take your watch. A watch being something that could be traced if sold at a pawn shop, considering you stated you filed a police report on it. If and when the local police contact us we will be more than willing to give them any information they ask for including a list of names of employees that were working that day. I know you stated to me it was an anniversary gift but to my housekeeping supervisor she said you stated it was a fathers day gift. Either way no matter what kind of gift it was I hope this works out and we can all put this behind us.
VENICE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I'm giving this hotel an AVERAGE because......this hotel is very large and we were given a very nice large room with a balconey overlooking the river.....nice start until I couldn't get Internet reception which is very important to me. I called the front desk and they said they knew they had a problem but hadn't been successful in getting the problem fixed. The desk clerk I spoke to was very curt and told me it was my responsibility to request a room with Internet accessibility. I spoke to the assistant manager the next morning and reported my experiences and all she offered was "we're sorry."

When a hotel advertises WiFi....i expect to have WiFi access and I become an unhappy guest when I don't feel the proper attempt has been made to accommodate this request. We do long road trips every year and the Internet is my connection to take care of everything while we're away from hom.

Room Tip: If you need Internet access....make sure they assign you a room that has WiFi available (and working...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
I'm sorry you had trouble with the wi-fi connections. Our service is through the local Cherokee Cable office. They have been doing some trial and error things to help boost the signal strength. They obviously still have work to do. They are suppose to be coming back to try more things and we will see how that works. We let them know when we get guest complaints about the service or connectivity problems. I know wireless is very important to most guests now so we are trying to get this problem resolved. The connection does seem to be better in the main building but we want it to be accessible to everyone on the property. Hopefully we can accomplish this goal very soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in room 268 everything was great. Room was super clean. We have stayed in about every hotel in Cherokee as we go to the Casino often & this is our favorite place to stay. Only thing i could possibly say is the pillows aren't great but i always take my own pillow with me anyway. If you want a clean quite place to sleep this is pretty much where you should stay. Thanks for a clean room great job Quailty Inn!

• Stayed October 2013
Shea T, Assistant General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I know the pillows and beds are touchy for everyone. Some love them and some don't. It's hard to please everybody but we try. Other than that I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. The best way to advertise is by word of mouth and the internet of course now days, but spread the word. We really appreciate the business and look forward to having you back again. You are awesome!
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I stayed here with a friend for one night. The casino had 3 places they offered for us to stay at since they were unable to accommodate us, this being one, and it being the one I found the better reviews on than the other two options.

We arrived in the evening, check in was a breeze. Coffee always out in the lobby for guests, nice lobby at that. Room was clean, beds were VERY comfortable (firm) and 4 pillows plentiful. While the room isn't brand spanking new, it's not run down. Though we didn't turn it on, the TV is a flat screen. Balcony outside the rooms is also nice. Wish we had been there a little more to sit out and enjoy the view of the water. A few little things noticed that are easy to change, but none that would make me not want to stay there.

Breakfast was a nice addition, one we wouldn't have received if we stayed at the casino. The room was nice, and busy in the morning, seating wasn't a problem. There's a good array of foods, something for everyone. Served until 9:30am we were told.

Location is very close to casino, short drive if you are taking your own car. There was a shuttle but didn't use it.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay at this location again. The staff was friendly, and I appreciate the reply management has added to the reviews on this website. This also helped me with choosing this location as I find when a manager replies to reviews it shows they care about the good of their business, and listens to the customer(s) to better understand what will make their business even better.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Shea T, Assistant General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you so much for the nice review of our hotel. You are so sweet and so nice to post that online. The owner is looking to do some renovations hopefully sometime next year. I'm glad you enjoyed breakfast and had such a good time while you were here. Maybe next trip you will have more time to just sit back and relax out on the balcony and look at the water and visit with our ducks. We do welcome all feedback but we certainly do appreciate it when we get nice comments like yours. It shows we are doing what we need to be doing and maybe even strive to do a little more. Thank you again so much and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
springfield, mo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Nothing but good things to say about our stay in this hotel. Clean, up to date, good tv reception. Very nice complimentary breakfast. Highly recommend. Near wonderful restaurants and the Cherokee casino is nearby with a shuttle to and from the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Shea T, Assistant General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for the great review of our hotel. Glad to hear you enjoyed our free breakfast and took advantage of our location. We are centrally located near a variety of restaurants and other attractions. We are 1 1/2 miles from the casino and we do use the Cherokee transit system to take guests back and forth. They run every day except Sunday. It is wonderful to hear you had so a good time while you were here. We hope to see you again soon.

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!