“Had an 1800$ watch stolen from our room.” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #14 of 27 hotels in Cherokee
Columbia, South Carolina
“Had an 1800$ watch stolen from our room.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Called a few hours after checkout and was told housekeeping hadn't cleaned my room yet and to call back the next morning. Asked them to check then, was told to call back in 15 minutes. Turns out the room HAD been cleaned, and the watch had not been found. The supervisor did not find this suspicious and insists they have no security cameras etc to check the hallway. I know I'll probably never get my husband's watch back, but I want public record of this happening so that the next time it happens they can't say "it's not a problem here"

• Stayed October 2013
Shea T, Assistant General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
I understand your frustration about this issue but I was one of the people you spoke with about this over the phone the day you checked out. At the time you first called I didn't know the room was clean because when housekeeping cleans a room they code the room in as clean over the phone. They punch in their code and it shows up in the computer system as clean. This certain room had not been coded in. The front desk clerk was the first to go check and then I went myself after I spoke to you. That is when I discovered the room had been cleaned but the housekeeper had forgotten to code it in. I spoke to the housekeeper and the houseman that stripped all the dirty linen and neither one of them had found anything. I searched this room with flash light. I moved all the tables and searched all around the bed and even pulled the bed away from the wall to make sure it hadn't fallen behind it. Keep in mind this same houseman had stripped more rooms earlier and found a wallet with cash in it. He turned this in to me and the housekeeping supervisor himself and had a note attached with it with the room number on it where it was found. The guest from that room called back later and asked if we had found the wallet and even stated how much cash was in it and it was exactly what the houseman had turned in. I have a hard time believing if he was going to take anything out of a room why he would turn cash in and take your watch. A watch being something that could be traced if sold at a pawn shop, considering you stated you filed a police report on it. If and when the local police contact us we will be more than willing to give them any information they ask for including a list of names of employees that were working that day. I know you stated to me it was an anniversary gift but to my housekeeping supervisor she said you stated it was a fathers day gift. Either way no matter what kind of gift it was I hope this works out and we can all put this behind us.

129 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
VENICE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I'm giving this hotel an AVERAGE because......this hotel is very large and we were given a very nice large room with a balconey overlooking the river.....nice start until I couldn't get Internet reception which is very important to me. I called the front desk and they said they knew they had a problem but hadn't been successful in getting the problem fixed. The desk clerk I spoke to was very curt and told me it was my responsibility to request a room with Internet accessibility. I spoke to the assistant manager the next morning and reported my experiences and all she offered was "we're sorry."

When a hotel advertises WiFi....i expect to have WiFi access and I become an unhappy guest when I don't feel the proper attempt has been made to accommodate this request. We do long road trips every year and the Internet is my connection to take care of everything while we're away from hom.

Room Tip: If you need Internet access....make sure they assign you a room that has WiFi available (and working...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
I'm sorry you had trouble with the wi-fi connections. Our service is through the local Cherokee Cable office. They have been doing some trial and error things to help boost the signal strength. They obviously still have work to do. They are suppose to be coming back to try more things and we will see how that works. We let them know when we get guest complaints about the service or connectivity problems. I know wireless is very important to most guests now so we are trying to get this problem resolved. The connection does seem to be better in the main building but we want it to be accessible to everyone on the property. Hopefully we can accomplish this goal very soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in room 268 everything was great. Room was super clean. We have stayed in about every hotel in Cherokee as we go to the Casino often & this is our favorite place to stay. Only thing i could possibly say is the pillows aren't great but i always take my own pillow with me anyway. If you want a clean quite place to sleep this is pretty much where you should stay. Thanks for a clean room great job Quailty Inn!

• Stayed October 2013
Shea T, Assistant General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I know the pillows and beds are touchy for everyone. Some love them and some don't. It's hard to please everybody but we try. Other than that I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. The best way to advertise is by word of mouth and the internet of course now days, but spread the word. We really appreciate the business and look forward to having you back again. You are awesome!
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I stayed here with a friend for one night. The casino had 3 places they offered for us to stay at since they were unable to accommodate us, this being one, and it being the one I found the better reviews on than the other two options.

We arrived in the evening, check in was a breeze. Coffee always out in the lobby for guests, nice lobby at that. Room was clean, beds were VERY comfortable (firm) and 4 pillows plentiful. While the room isn't brand spanking new, it's not run down. Though we didn't turn it on, the TV is a flat screen. Balcony outside the rooms is also nice. Wish we had been there a little more to sit out and enjoy the view of the water. A few little things noticed that are easy to change, but none that would make me not want to stay there.

Breakfast was a nice addition, one we wouldn't have received if we stayed at the casino. The room was nice, and busy in the morning, seating wasn't a problem. There's a good array of foods, something for everyone. Served until 9:30am we were told.

Location is very close to casino, short drive if you are taking your own car. There was a shuttle but didn't use it.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay at this location again. The staff was friendly, and I appreciate the reply management has added to the reviews on this website. This also helped me with choosing this location as I find when a manager replies to reviews it shows they care about the good of their business, and listens to the customer(s) to better understand what will make their business even better.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Shea T, Assistant General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you so much for the nice review of our hotel. You are so sweet and so nice to post that online. The owner is looking to do some renovations hopefully sometime next year. I'm glad you enjoyed breakfast and had such a good time while you were here. Maybe next trip you will have more time to just sit back and relax out on the balcony and look at the water and visit with our ducks. We do welcome all feedback but we certainly do appreciate it when we get nice comments like yours. It shows we are doing what we need to be doing and maybe even strive to do a little more. Thank you again so much and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
springfield, mo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Nothing but good things to say about our stay in this hotel. Clean, up to date, good tv reception. Very nice complimentary breakfast. Highly recommend. Near wonderful restaurants and the Cherokee casino is nearby with a shuttle to and from the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Shea T, Assistant General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for the great review of our hotel. Glad to hear you enjoyed our free breakfast and took advantage of our location. We are centrally located near a variety of restaurants and other attractions. We are 1 1/2 miles from the casino and we do use the Cherokee transit system to take guests back and forth. They run every day except Sunday. It is wonderful to hear you had so a good time while you were here. We hope to see you again soon.
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Very nice accommodations, clean & new with a friendly staff. Fresh selection of breakfast food in a roomy dining area. Our only complaint is the WiFi needs a booster, either you got knocked off or you couldn't pick it up at all. Loved the autumnal decorations in the lobby - very festive!u

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Shea T, Assistant General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for the nice review of our hotel. It's always nice for the staff to be recognized for doing a good job and being friendly and helpful with the guests. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay as well as the free breakfast we offer every morning. We are currently working on the WiFi situation. We have been doing a lot of trial and error procedures with the local cable company. They have recently added a couple more antennas to help boost the signal. Hopefully this will help and get this problem fixed. Thank you for the compliments about our lobby decor. We try to make it a very warm and welcoming environment when you step into the lobby. Your review was so great and we thank you for your business. We look forward to seeing you again when you are in the Cherokee area.
Simpsonville, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Arrived on a Friday night - late. The second shift staff was very nice and very pleasant. The hotel itself is old and has a strange smell in the hallways.

We were put up in this hotel by Harrah's. DO NOT believe the replies from management that state that Harrah's does not know what they have available. They do. I was traveling with my sister and we asked for two king rooms and all that was available were two queen rooms so we opted for one room with two queen beds. Harrah's knew exactly what was available at this hotel.

The room itself was okay. It was clean but it was very very hot and very stale smelling. We left the AC on 60 degrees and returned to the casino. Upon returning at 1 a.m. the room was a pleasant temperature but the AC unit is literally two feet away from one of the beds and is very loud and very noisy. The bathroom in our room was terrible. There was a little Quality Inn hang tag hanging from the towel rack that states all of the luxurious bathroom features you get for staying at a Quality Inn: curved shower rod for additional room in the shower, additional toiletries, upgraded toiletries, and a selectable massage shower head. There was no curved shower rod and the paper thin shower curtain kept getting sucked into the shower, the additional upgraded toiletries consisted of one bar of soap and one bottle each of shampoo, conditioner, and lotion; and the massaging shower head was useless because there is no water pressure to use the different settings.

The absolute worst part of this stay was the first and third shift staff. When we returned from the casino around 2 a.m., there was an older man sitting in the lobby of the hotel. He was all sprawled out in one of the chairs and comfortable and made no effort to get up or hide the fact that he was planning to spend the rest of his night in that chair. When we got to our room, after searching for the WiFi password for a few minutes I called the front desk. The phone rang numerous times before someone picked it up. When it was finally answered the person was very rude and said "Well, first of all the WiFi password is on the back of your key envelope but I guess I'll give it to you again." The second encounter with rude staff was at checkout at 9:45 a.m. I asked them if we'd missed breakfast since I didn't see any anywhere and the answer I received was simply "Yep."

Will I stay here again for free? Probably so if this is all the casino can give me on short notice. Would I pay the $109 to stay here that they are advertising? NO.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Shea T, Assistant General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
I'm sorry you didn't have a pleasant stay while you were here at the hotel. I know you stated Harrahs does know what rooms we have open but they do not! They call us ahead of time and buy a certain number of rooms for each day that they need. They do not ask for all non-smoking or for kings or queen beds. We just block different room types for them and if all we have that day are all queen beds then that's what they take. The only thing you are guaranteed when you book a room through the casino is that you will have a room when you get here. You can request a non-smoking king room but it's not ever a guarantee. We do a lot of business with Harrahs and we have for a lot of years now. It has always worked like that. As far as the ameniities in your room/bathroom those are all Choice approved items. We are required to have one soap, one shampoo, one lotion and one conditioner. However if you need more we have additional ones at the front desk. It is a Choice requirement to hang the shower tags in the bathroom stating the amenities. The only thing we do not have installed yet are the curved shower rods. The owner is looking into do renovations to the property hopefully sometime next year. We are on city water system so we really do not have control over the water pressure in the rooms. I'm not sure what room you stayed in but we haven't had any complaints about it before.I understand the front desk staff seemed to be rude and that is something we will certainly address with them and their behavior. Again I am sorry you had these difficulties while staying here. If you do stay with us in the future hopefully things will go more smoothly.

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!