“Very Good Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
Lineville, Alabama
“Very Good Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This hotel is a great choice for value. The rooms are clean, beds & pillows are decent. The free breakfast is good. The WiFi works. I stayed at 3 different places while in Cherokee and this place was the best if you're not at the casino hotel. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Shea T, Assistant General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Thank you for your nice comments. We really like to hear that guests enjoyed their stay and would stay with us again in the future. We really do appreciate it. Thanks again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Clintwood, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I stayed at the Quality Inn as an alternate site to the Casino Hotel.After struggling to locate the \motel,totally my inability to navigate,I arrived to a motel located write on the River.I requested a room overlooking the river,and was denied access,by the young couple who greeted me.The check-in was expedient but not necessarily accomodating.I requested a single King Size Bed and was given double queens.No big deal,and surprising my room had a distant view of the river.If the season allowed,this room wouuld have overlooked a sizable pool and decking.The room was your basic fare,decent cable with flat screen LED televison,however,the furnishings were very antiquated with notacable cosmetic damage to them.I mentioned this to the Morning Hostess and they kindly informed me they were going thru some much needed renovations.This Quality Inn has tremendous potential,but needs to work on modernization of the hotel,continental breakfast location,its lack of variety and quality of its breakfast fare.Overall,considering the situation of my lodging alternatives,I would return to this motel.PS-It is a short drive to the Harrahs Casino Property which was ultimate destignation.

Room Tip: If possible request a room that does not adjoin the motel lobby.Most of these rooms have a beautiful...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Shea T, Assistant General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Sorry for the trouble you had locating our facility. We are a little off the main drag in Cherokee, but a lot of people like that, It makes it a little less noisy and still just a short drive to Harrah's. Not sure how you booked your room but if it was through Harrah's it is hard to accomodate all requests. Reason being when Harrah's buys rooms they just call us and buy a certain number of rooms. They don't ask for specific room types or smoking preferences. The rooms that are directly on the river are suites and Harrah's doesn't usually by those unless they need a whole lot of rooms that night. We are trying to do some renovations. We have put the new flat screens in as you saw and upgraded our breakfast about two years ago. We do provide items that Choice requires and a couple extra ones also. The suites outside on the river were renovated about two years ago as well as the lobby area. We still need to do some work on the standard rooms but like I said it's a work in progress. I do appreciate the fact that you would stay with us again if you were in the Cherokee area. That's what we strive for return guests. Hopefully next time your stay will be more enjoyable and the front desk staff a little less speedy and a little more helpful.
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I loved the room we were given. The clerk told us she had one in the back overlooking the stream. There were lots of ducks that are use to being fed and would come right up to you. We had a second story room with a balcony, so it was quite and peaceful. If I were going to choose this hotel to stay in, I would do so only if I could stay in the back.

Room Tip: Be sure to call ahead and reserve the rooms overlooking the stream.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Shea T, Assistant General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you so much for the positive review. So many times people only want to report the bad stuff and leave out the good. We really do appreciate the feedback and I was glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again in the near future. Again thank you very much.
Maynardville, TN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

My family and I stayed here when Scotty McCreary was playing at Harrah's. It was my dad's choice, since he was paying for it. Although my mom and dad like this hotel, I DID NOT! The beds were uncomfortable. When we went to the breakfast room to eat breakfast the next day, there was NO food left, even though breakfast hours were not over. The breakfast staff was very rude! I would never stay here again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
I was glad to hear that your family are repeat customers but on the other hand was upset to hear that you did not enjoy your stay while here in Cherokee. We usually get good comments on our beds so I'm terribly sorry you didn't sleep well on them. We try to keep the breakfast room open a little later when we know we are going to be busy on certain days so I'm not sure why the breakfast attendant would have put the food up early. That is definitely something we will check into and try to correct so that it doesn't keep happening. It's my understanding you stayed back in December and we have made a couple of staff changes since then, so hopefully that also fixed the attitude problem. If you are in the Cherokee area again we would like for you to give us another try. We strive to do a good job and hopefully the next stay would be a better one.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

Had free room from Harrahs. After staying at this place I told Harrahs that I would never gamble again if they sent be back to this place. The staff is very rude and arrogant! The breakfast is terrible and they do not appreciate or care about your business. I would fire them all and start over. I am a Comfort Inn diamond member and they even treated me like crap..and the beds are so bad I started to sleep in the car.

• Stayed January 2013
I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay while at our hotel. I do appologize for the staffs rude behavor and attitude. That is not how we conduct ourselves at this property. We strive to be helpful to our guests and always be professional. We do a lot of business with the casino and Harrahs does their own inspection of our property every year to insure we are at their standards as far as cleanliness and a helpful staff. As far as the breakfast goes we do provide items that we are required to have per Choice Hotels. We have a lot of repeat guests that stay here because of our breakfast. I was diappointed to hear you did not enjoy it as much as others do. We try to have several different items available to appeal to different guests needs or desires. Hopefully you will give us another chance in the future if you stay in the Cherokee area again.
Taylors, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I have never been to a hotel with such rude employees. I have never paid to stay here because it was comp through the casino. If this is the hotel they try to book my comp room, I usually call back several times to see if anything has opened at a different hotel. Usually when I check in...they ruin my weekend right from the start. You ask for non smoking - they give you smoking and say its not guaranteed. You ask for 2 beds because you will have 3 people in the room - they give you a king and say its not guaranteed. Its like they try to upset you. You go and tell them the heat or air isn't working and they say - sorry there are no other rooms. I have NEVER had a good experience here. The front desk employees really need to get an attitude adjustment or find a job they like.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
I am so sorry you were treated like that at our hotel. We do strive to be helpful and courteous to our guests unfortunately it seems some of our staff may need more training in that department. However with that being said we have made a couple of staff changes with our front desk. We have recently added two new clerks to our staff so we hope to build from there. When it comes to booking rooms through the casino it is more difficult to get what you have asked for. Reason being is that the casino has no idea what rooms we have in inventory so when they call and buy rooms they just take whatever we have available. Also when you make a reservation we do not even receive your info until the day of your arrival. So when you ask for a non-smoking 2 beds please know it's only a request. Harrahs should let their guests know this from the start but sometimes they don't. If it's possible we try to put guests in what they request but it's not always feasible. As far as the ac/heat maybe we can start doing a pre-check on them before we check people into the rooms. Maybe that would cut down on some of the maintenance issues on the property. That might be something we can check into. If you choose to stay in Cherokee in the future hopefully you will give us another try.
Spartanburg, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I had the displeasure of dealing with ----- on several stays and gladly will have no more. We found hair and and ants in my daughters bed. When I checked my bed there was fresh blood stains and when we called to report it----- asked me to change my own bed sheets as housekeeping was gone for the day. I asked for another room and was declined. Luckily ---- came on duty and moved us to a king size room. It was clean . The next time we were there we had kids causing loud noises above us. I reported it to ----- @ 10;30 p.m. -- said --would called the room. Then a half hour later they were still caring on when I aked----- to please come to the room and listen --said no. ----- said you come here I 'm going to have a talk with you and your attitude. I told----- no get my deposit ready as I have had enough of you and your attitude of bad customer service.My daughter and I left. Please note we have stayed at several other hotels in the area and were treated appropriately.. I can vouch for The Chestnut Tree Inn rooms are clean and they have a indoor heated pool and whirlpool very nice and clean.The staff there are awesome the managemnet is great. They have a nice hot breakfast unlike the half fast UGLY LOOKING FOOD WE WERE SERVED at the Quality Inn. So next time you are IN the area call 828-497-9181 you will not be sorry.

Room Tip: Chestnut Tree Inn 828-497-9181 Alittle further by three minutes but its worth it if you are lookin...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Sorry to hear about your experience while staying at our hotel. Even worse to hear that our front desk staff was not able to assist you any more than what they did. We have made changes to both our housekeeping department and front desk staff so hopefully these problems will not continue to occur. Not fully knowing the circumstances, but if there were 2 front desk clerks on duty one of them should have offered to change the linens for you. Had there of been only one clerk they could have called myself or the Owner/GM and we could have changed them and cleaned the room for you. Depending on if we were sold out we could have possibly just moved you to a different room. As far as the noise we can call the room and let the guest know we are getting complaints but if that doesn't work we try to move rooms if at all possible. I know moving around and dealing with the noise can sometimes be an inconvenience once you have already unpacked your stuff and settled in. I hope new staff changes can fix some of these problems that you had while at our property and maybe if you choose to give us another try in the future we can offer you a better room selection or maybe a different area of the hotel that is less noisy.

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!