“Beware of this place!” 2 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #15 of 27 hotels in Cherokee
“Beware of this place!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

Had free room from Harrahs. After staying at this place I told Harrahs that I would never gamble again if they sent be back to this place. The staff is very rude and arrogant! The breakfast is terrible and they do not appreciate or care about your business. I would fire them all and start over. I am a Comfort Inn diamond member and they even treated me like crap..and the beds are so bad I started to sleep in the car.

• Stayed January 2013
Shea T, Assistant General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay while at our hotel. I do appologize for the staffs rude behavor and attitude. That is not how we conduct ourselves at this property. We strive to be helpful to our guests and always be professional. We do a lot of business with the casino and Harrahs does their own inspection of our property every year to insure we are at their standards as far as cleanliness and a helpful staff. As far as the breakfast goes we do provide items that we are required to have per Choice Hotels. We have a lot of repeat guests that stay here because of our breakfast. I was diappointed to hear you did not enjoy it as much as others do. We try to have several different items available to appeal to different guests needs or desires. Hopefully you will give us another chance in the future if you stay in the Cherokee area again.

119 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Taylors, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I have never been to a hotel with such rude employees. I have never paid to stay here because it was comp through the casino. If this is the hotel they try to book my comp room, I usually call back several times to see if anything has opened at a different hotel. Usually when I check in...they ruin my weekend right from the start. You ask for non smoking - they give you smoking and say its not guaranteed. You ask for 2 beds because you will have 3 people in the room - they give you a king and say its not guaranteed. Its like they try to upset you. You go and tell them the heat or air isn't working and they say - sorry there are no other rooms. I have NEVER had a good experience here. The front desk employees really need to get an attitude adjustment or find a job they like.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
I am so sorry you were treated like that at our hotel. We do strive to be helpful and courteous to our guests unfortunately it seems some of our staff may need more training in that department. However with that being said we have made a couple of staff changes with our front desk. We have recently added two new clerks to our staff so we hope to build from there. When it comes to booking rooms through the casino it is more difficult to get what you have asked for. Reason being is that the casino has no idea what rooms we have in inventory so when they call and buy rooms they just take whatever we have available. Also when you make a reservation we do not even receive your info until the day of your arrival. So when you ask for a non-smoking 2 beds please know it's only a request. Harrahs should let their guests know this from the start but sometimes they don't. If it's possible we try to put guests in what they request but it's not always feasible. As far as the ac/heat maybe we can start doing a pre-check on them before we check people into the rooms. Maybe that would cut down on some of the maintenance issues on the property. That might be something we can check into. If you choose to stay in Cherokee in the future hopefully you will give us another try.
Spartanburg, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I had the displeasure of dealing with ----- on several stays and gladly will have no more. We found hair and and ants in my daughters bed. When I checked my bed there was fresh blood stains and when we called to report it----- asked me to change my own bed sheets as housekeeping was gone for the day. I asked for another room and was declined. Luckily ---- came on duty and moved us to a king size room. It was clean . The next time we were there we had kids causing loud noises above us. I reported it to ----- @ 10;30 p.m. -- said --would called the room. Then a half hour later they were still caring on when I aked----- to please come to the room and listen --said no. ----- said you come here I 'm going to have a talk with you and your attitude. I told----- no get my deposit ready as I have had enough of you and your attitude of bad customer service.My daughter and I left. Please note we have stayed at several other hotels in the area and were treated appropriately.. I can vouch for The Chestnut Tree Inn rooms are clean and they have a indoor heated pool and whirlpool very nice and clean.The staff there are awesome the managemnet is great. They have a nice hot breakfast unlike the half fast UGLY LOOKING FOOD WE WERE SERVED at the Quality Inn. So next time you are IN the area call 828-497-9181 you will not be sorry.

Room Tip: Chestnut Tree Inn 828-497-9181 Alittle further by three minutes but its worth it if you are lookin...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Sorry to hear about your experience while staying at our hotel. Even worse to hear that our front desk staff was not able to assist you any more than what they did. We have made changes to both our housekeeping department and front desk staff so hopefully these problems will not continue to occur. Not fully knowing the circumstances, but if there were 2 front desk clerks on duty one of them should have offered to change the linens for you. Had there of been only one clerk they could have called myself or the Owner/GM and we could have changed them and cleaned the room for you. Depending on if we were sold out we could have possibly just moved you to a different room. As far as the noise we can call the room and let the guest know we are getting complaints but if that doesn't work we try to move rooms if at all possible. I know moving around and dealing with the noise can sometimes be an inconvenience once you have already unpacked your stuff and settled in. I hope new staff changes can fix some of these problems that you had while at our property and maybe if you choose to give us another try in the future we can offer you a better room selection or maybe a different area of the hotel that is less noisy.
Dahlonega
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Stayed there Christmas Eve The staff was very friendly. Hotel was very clean and well kept. This was our 3 time in staying there and each time has been great. Would recommend this Hotel to anyone. The free breakfast is also a big plus. This place is well worth the stay

Room Tip: Request a room over looking the stream if possible. GREAT VIEW
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

We came to Cherokee to go to the casino & had wanted to stay at their hotel but they told us they didn't have any vacancy but they could comp our room & we could stay at Quality Inn. At first we were disappointed because we couldn't stay at the casino hotel but once we got to Quality Inn we were Very pleased. From the time we arrived to the time we left we loved staying there. The front desk was very friendly. Told us about free breakfast but we didn't get to eat it so can't tell you anything about it. The room was exactly what we had asked for. We asked for non smoking & that was what we got. We didn't smell any smoke smell at all. The best thing I liked about the room was it was on ground floor & the curtains were thick enough to keep the light & car lights out without lighting up the whole room. Rooms very clean & bed very comfortable. We liked staying at Quality Inn better than at the casinos hotel because it was so much quiter & closer to other stores. The only complaint I have is, they need more signs telling where they are located. Never knew they were there since they aren't on main street as the casino. We wll definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012
Anderson, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

MY husband and I went up to Cherokee with no reservation because I wanted to know what kind of room we were getting. We walked right in and get a room with no problem,and it was only like 1 mile from casino. The rooms were very nice and VERY clean. We had a private balcony that over looked a river in back. We are going back in Jan. with our kids just for a short vacation and we will stay here again.Last,but not least...beds are VERY comfortable and LOTS of pillows..I think it was like 4 pillows to a bed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We stayed at Quality inn in Cherokee, NC on Nov 1, 2012. Very clean had a small suite with seperate living room and balcony overlooking the river, The cost is very reasonable. My daughters room had a really big hot tub in it as well. Would stay again.

Room Tip: All of the rooms have a view of the river behind hotel. We had a suite and in the other room the sui...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!