“Very unprofessional and rude!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #15 of 27 hotels in Cherokee
Spartanburg, South Carolina
“Very unprofessional and rude!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I had the displeasure of dealing with ----- on several stays and gladly will have no more. We found hair and and ants in my daughters bed. When I checked my bed there was fresh blood stains and when we called to report it----- asked me to change my own bed sheets as housekeeping was gone for the day. I asked for another room and was declined. Luckily ---- came on duty and moved us to a king size room. It was clean . The next time we were there we had kids causing loud noises above us. I reported it to ----- @ 10;30 p.m. -- said --would called the room. Then a half hour later they were still caring on when I aked----- to please come to the room and listen --said no. ----- said you come here I 'm going to have a talk with you and your attitude. I told----- no get my deposit ready as I have had enough of you and your attitude of bad customer service.My daughter and I left. Please note we have stayed at several other hotels in the area and were treated appropriately.. I can vouch for The Chestnut Tree Inn rooms are clean and they have a indoor heated pool and whirlpool very nice and clean.The staff there are awesome the managemnet is great. They have a nice hot breakfast unlike the half fast UGLY LOOKING FOOD WE WERE SERVED at the Quality Inn. So next time you are IN the area call 828-497-9181 you will not be sorry.

Room Tip: Chestnut Tree Inn 828-497-9181 Alittle further by three minutes but its worth it if you are lookin...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Shea T, Assistant General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Sorry to hear about your experience while staying at our hotel. Even worse to hear that our front desk staff was not able to assist you any more than what they did. We have made changes to both our housekeeping department and front desk staff so hopefully these problems will not continue to occur. Not fully knowing the circumstances, but if there were 2 front desk clerks on duty one of them should have offered to change the linens for you. Had there of been only one clerk they could have called myself or the Owner/GM and we could have changed them and cleaned the room for you. Depending on if we were sold out we could have possibly just moved you to a different room. As far as the noise we can call the room and let the guest know we are getting complaints but if that doesn't work we try to move rooms if at all possible. I know moving around and dealing with the noise can sometimes be an inconvenience once you have already unpacked your stuff and settled in. I hope new staff changes can fix some of these problems that you had while at our property and maybe if you choose to give us another try in the future we can offer you a better room selection or maybe a different area of the hotel that is less noisy.

131 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Dahlonega
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Stayed there Christmas Eve The staff was very friendly. Hotel was very clean and well kept. This was our 3 time in staying there and each time has been great. Would recommend this Hotel to anyone. The free breakfast is also a big plus. This place is well worth the stay

Room Tip: Request a room over looking the stream if possible. GREAT VIEW
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

We came to Cherokee to go to the casino & had wanted to stay at their hotel but they told us they didn't have any vacancy but they could comp our room & we could stay at Quality Inn. At first we were disappointed because we couldn't stay at the casino hotel but once we got to Quality Inn we were Very pleased. From the time we arrived to the time we left we loved staying there. The front desk was very friendly. Told us about free breakfast but we didn't get to eat it so can't tell you anything about it. The room was exactly what we had asked for. We asked for non smoking & that was what we got. We didn't smell any smoke smell at all. The best thing I liked about the room was it was on ground floor & the curtains were thick enough to keep the light & car lights out without lighting up the whole room. Rooms very clean & bed very comfortable. We liked staying at Quality Inn better than at the casinos hotel because it was so much quiter & closer to other stores. The only complaint I have is, they need more signs telling where they are located. Never knew they were there since they aren't on main street as the casino. We wll definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012
Anderson, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

MY husband and I went up to Cherokee with no reservation because I wanted to know what kind of room we were getting. We walked right in and get a room with no problem,and it was only like 1 mile from casino. The rooms were very nice and VERY clean. We had a private balcony that over looked a river in back. We are going back in Jan. with our kids just for a short vacation and we will stay here again.Last,but not least...beds are VERY comfortable and LOTS of pillows..I think it was like 4 pillows to a bed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We stayed at Quality inn in Cherokee, NC on Nov 1, 2012. Very clean had a small suite with seperate living room and balcony overlooking the river, The cost is very reasonable. My daughters room had a really big hot tub in it as well. Would stay again.

Room Tip: All of the rooms have a view of the river behind hotel. We had a suite and in the other room the sui...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Lenoir, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed on oct.20 and 21...We had aints in our room....doors to the outside were not secured at night, even though there was a robbery/murder at another hotel ust weeks before. Staff not at all professional and after first night house keeping left hair in sink and on bathroom counter. Next time I will not settle for this hotel,,,,

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Ajax, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Minuses cancelled out the plus at this Quality Inn.

This hotel is what I would call on the "quiet side of town", literally away from everything else...especially after the drive through Gatlinburg, NC. We arrived at 7pm and the only restaurant within walking distance was closed or not open for business, so we had to drive a mile down the hwy to the next intersection, turned left and found a Pizza Hut, and even that would not have been our first choice.

We were given room 118, which was on the street side, just around the corner from the main entrance, it had a walkout to a little porch, with a view of a cemented ramp and the parking area... definitely nothing like the noted views of the river and wildlife!

The bed was not the greatest, it jiggled quit a bit when either of us rolled over, but at least the mattress was firm, not saggy. The room was clean and sufficient, nothing special, although our room was close to the breakfast area, which helped make for our quick departure in the morning. Breakfast was typical Choice Hotel fair, nothing special. Wish they would do something better than dry, crumbly biscuits and that lumpy, salty gravy!

This hotel might do better in the future, should surrounding properties be bought up and developed... it wasn't a horrible hotel, but the location wasn't great.

Unless the prices go down below the $80 we paid for the night, or other businesses move in to make things more convenient, we would not stay here again.

Room Tip: - if you are staying at this hotel for the view of the river, be sure to ask for this.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!