When I booked this hotel for a Friday-Saturday weekend visit to the casino, I saw a photo of multi-story hotel with inside rooms. Upon arrival, we were located in a side building ala a 60's motel with entrance from the street. Needless to say we had lots of street and parking lot noise, walls were so thin I could hear the neighbors toilet flush. Room was comfortable but very dated. Carpet needed cleaning, bed was okay.
Rates were not as pricey as the resort but still high for what we got. I didn't realize that housekeeping, except for straightening the bed and fresh towels, was not included. The bathtub/tile was so nasty — dirty and moldy — it grossed me out every time I showered.
The breakfast was nominal but typical; fridge in room was so cold that all our food was frozen. No thermostat to control temperature.
Maybe we should have asked for an interior room but my expectations still might have not been reached at the over $100/night rate. Being privately-owned and sold-out, maybe you can get away with offering less.
So many hotels/motels in this area, you can be choosey when selecting one. Casino has lots of free parking. Some hotels offer shuttle as this one did.
- Also Known As:
- Inn Of The Seven Clans Hotel Cherokee
- Inn Of The 7 Clans
- Inn Of The Seven Clans Hotel
- Ramada Cherokee
- Cherokee Ramada
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cherokee Grand Hotel is located in Cherokee, NC adjacent to Harrah’s Cherokee Casino. Come stay with us and you can choose to take a leisurely 5 minute walk to the Casino, take our complimentary shuttle on Friday and Saturday nights until midnight, or just drive over and use valet or park in the parking deck at the casino. The Casino offers all the live action gaming and slots available plus there are numerous places to eat, from Johnny Rockets and Dunkin Donuts to Brio and Ruth’s Chris, stay with us and you will be in close proximity to some great food and great entertainment! We are also very close to the historical attractions of the Cherokee Indian Reservation, including the Indian Village, Outdoor Drama, Museum of the Cherokee and downtown souvenir shopping. Our Hotel features spacious rooms with many having beautiful mountain views. We offer a number of complimentary hotel amenities including a free continental breakfast, a free shuttle to and from the casino on Friday and Saturday nights until midnight, free wireless internet access, free local calls and free parking. Each room has cable offering over 30 channels with a 32 inch color TV, in-room coffee, iron/ironing board, and hairdryers. We also offer triple sheet bedding with a down comforter and a mini-fridge and microwave in our deluxe rooms. We have a meeting/conference room available for your business needs. There is a fireplace located in the lobby for your comfort and each guest room is air conditioned. We also have a few spa/Jacuzzi rooms and connecting/adjoining rooms are available for your comfort. Our Front Desk is open and staffed for 24 hour service and our housekeeping staff takes extra care to provide a clean and comfortable stay. Come, enjoy your visit and let our home become yours. We look forward to seeing you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Cherokee Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.