Just returned from a Fri-Sun mini-vacation in Cherokee, NC. Went to see all that glorious nature and feel the serenity...OK, let me stop lying, I went there to go to Cherokee's major draw, Harrah's Cherokee casino. As usual, I could not beg, borrow or steal a room within the confines of the actual resort, so I found Cherokee Grand. This was my first time staying off-property. I will continue to try and stay on-property after this when I return. I like pros and cons lists, so:
- Chip (works the front desk and drives the shuttle to/from the casino.) He was absolutely delightful to speak with and made sure my elderly mother got safely into and out of the van each time we used the shuttle.
- All of the front desk employees. Every employee would greet us or wish us luck if we were leaving to go to the casino. Several would ask us if we needed anything whenever they saw us.
- The shuttle. You can technically walk to the casino but my mother definitely can't, so this was a great feature to have available. I also didn't lose my parking space and with the place being at capacity, this was a definite possibility.
- There's a fridge/freezer, mini-microwave and coffeepot in the room. We didn't use any of them but I can see them coming in handy.
- Operable window in the room. Never had this feature before but it was nice to just open a window to get in some fresh air.
- Comfortable pillows/mattress. My mother said she'd never slept better in a hotel bed before.
- The overall hotel interior needs a major facelift. I get it, if you're making money hand over fist anyway, why make any changes? Why? Because it's no longer 1982 (wallpaper borders, tube TVs, popcorn ceilings and various colors and patterns of bad laminate everywhere.) It would also help justify the per night room amount.
- Linens - the towels were scratchy and the bed linens were showing their age with yellow spots.
- Thin walls. A major complaint at just about every hotel but still, I've been in hotels that do a better job with the sound between the rooms.
- Maid service. Maybe somewhere it says all they'll do everyday is change out the towels in the bathroom but I didn't read it and definitely did not expect it. I was surprised to come back to my room and see the beds hadn't been made and the bathroom floor had not been swept.
Overall, the place is a decent alternative to Harrah's Cherokee when you (inevitably) can't get a room but only just. If they lost Chip or the other front area employees it wouldn't even rate that high.
- Also Known As:
- Inn Of The Seven Clans Hotel Cherokee
- Inn Of The 7 Clans
- Inn Of The Seven Clans Hotel
- Ramada Cherokee
- Cherokee Ramada
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cherokee Grand Hotel is located in Cherokee, NC adjacent to Harrah’s Cherokee Casino. Come stay with us and you can choose to take a leisurely 5 minute walk to the Casino, take our complimentary shuttle on Friday and Saturday nights until midnight, or just drive over and use valet or park in the parking deck at the casino. The Casino offers all the live action gaming and slots available plus there are numerous places to eat, from Johnny Rockets and Dunkin Donuts to Brio and Ruth’s Chris, stay with us and you will be in close proximity to some great food and great entertainment! We are also very close to the historical attractions of the Cherokee Indian Reservation, including the Indian Village, Outdoor Drama, Museum of the Cherokee and downtown souvenir shopping. Our Hotel features spacious rooms with many having beautiful mountain views. We offer a number of complimentary hotel amenities including a free continental breakfast, a free shuttle to and from the casino on Friday and Saturday nights until midnight, free wireless internet access, free local calls and free parking. Each room has cable offering over 30 channels with a 32 inch color TV, in-room coffee, iron/ironing board, and hairdryers. We also offer triple sheet bedding with a down comforter and a mini-fridge and microwave in our deluxe rooms. We have a meeting/conference room available for your business needs. There is a fireplace located in the lobby for your comfort and each guest room is air conditioned. We also have a few spa/Jacuzzi rooms and connecting/adjoining rooms are available for your comfort. Our Front Desk is open and staffed for 24 hour service and our housekeeping staff takes extra care to provide a clean and comfortable stay. Come, enjoy your visit and let our home become yours. We look forward to seeing you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Fareportal , Otel, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Cherokee Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.