“Great Hotel, but don't leave anything in your vehicle.” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Executive Package Savings
Ranked #66 of 170 Hotels in Charlotte
Ohio
“Great Hotel, but don't leave anything in your vehicle.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2010

Great Hotel and super clean rooms and comfy beds. Got a great nights sleep. The only problem we had was when I went out to our vehicle the next morning, our van had been broken into. When I went back into the hotel, the front desk acted like this is a usual occurence. They told me I could call the police and gave me the number. That's it! When being asked by the police if there was security or security camera's the answer was "not on weekends, only on weekdays" Are you kidding? Got a great rate on Priceline and the cookies were great! However, if you are on your way to the ocean or elsewhere, take everything out of your vehicle and put it in your room if you want it with you. I would also highly suggest just leaving your vehicle unlocked and maybe even just leave the window down. That way nothing gets broke like the door lock or window.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Atlanta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

I am a Hilton Hhonors Diamond member. I have stayed at this hotel before and had fairly good experiences. This time I booked the "Government Gas & Go" rate of $100 per night as I had multiple times before. This rate shows up on the normal rate page, I had not checked government rate. When I tried to check in this time the guy at the front desk asked to see my government ID. I showed him my drivers license. He told me that I needed a government employee ID. After a few moments of discussion, I asked to speak to the manager. She was like talking to a brick wall. After about 10 minutes she told me she would be happy to rebook me at the prevailing rate of $170 per night. I told her where to put her $170 per night prevailing rate and walked out. I quickly called Hilton reservations to cancel my reservation only to find out the manager had been kind enough to do so for me. A side note, a gentleman had arrived on their shuttle bus from the airport and stated he had been waiting an hour in the rain for their shuttle. After some issues with the front desk himself, he walked to the Hyatt Place next door. I will never stay at the Doubletree Charlotte Airport again and will take any business away from them that I can. DO NOT STAY HERE!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
DoubletreeCharlotte, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, July 20, 2010
I am sorry that we were unable to accommodate your reservation at the government discount. it is our policy to request government identification from all travelers booking the government per diem rates or packages. We also request AAA cards and AARP cards from our travelers utilizing those discounts as well. In regards to our shuttle; we are the only hotel that runs complimentary airport transportation 24 hours a day and as a result we are very busy, but we do our best to try to ensure that the wait at the airport is a short as possible. Charlotte Douglas Airport does provide a covered area to protect travelers from the weather while they wait. We would be happy to assist you with future reservations. Should you choose to stay with us again, we offer a variety of discount packages on our website for our travelers to take advantage of. Thank you.
South Carolina, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2009

Spent alot of time looking for a nice hotel prior to long trip. Doubletree is in a great location for spending the night before a trip and their shuttles run 24 hours unlike many hotels in the area. Staff was friendly (did not get a cookie though) and very efficient in meeting needs and answering questions. Room was on ground floor and very convenient to go to the pool which is alot smaller (width) then it looks on pictures. Could be very crowded with more than 10 people using it. Great work out room and for being close to the airport, the planes were not loud passing over. Will definitely use again when flying out of CLT as the cost of the room is about equal to parking for 7 days. Business center was small and was shared with hotel staff.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2009

From the moment I walked in the door the staff and accommodations welcomed me. Check-in was quick and efficient and the cookie was an added treat. The hotel was full, so the room upgrade I requested wasn't available - which was no problem. However, the staff immediately comped the breakfast buffet for the next morning! The room was very nice - seemed to have been recently upgraded and everything was clean and worked perfectly. The bed was amazingly comfortable and the amenities extra nice. The computers in the business center were always available and fast and the grounds were very pleasant. This hotel is located in a safe, quiet business district, yet very close to the airport. It was perfect for my needs and I hope to visit again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

My wife and I stay here whenever we plan to travel from CLT Douglas Airport. This hotel has terrific rates (especially if you are a HHonors Member) and takes excellent care of their guests.

We were particularly drawn to this hotel as they offer a "Park n Fly" program as well as great rooms and very comfortable beds! Room service is excellent and the staff are very courteous.

Give them a try...the airline flight crews stay here too!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2009

Seldom do you find the quality of service and such a friendly staff at an airport property. I travel 200 days a year and this was by far one of the best properties that I have stayed at. I will definitely stay there again when in Charlotte.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Bracebridge, ON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2009

Firstly, I'd like to point out something. I've read reviews on this travel site for years and find that many people's expectations are often far too high; they expect to receive the facilities and amenities of the Plaza for a Days Inn price. You get what you pay for, adjust your expectations for the room and staff accordingly.

My wife and I traveled to Florida for two weeks and used this hotel as our stay on night one. After 12 hours on the road we were happy to be welcomed by a friendly staff member bearing the traditional Doubletree warm cookies. After a seamless check-in we headed to our room (note: odd design of the hotel...the elevators are a bit of a walk from the front desk past some salon rooms and around a couple corners. It's not a negative, just something I don't see that often).

We were given a room with a King bed. The ample size room also contained a desk, sitting chair and floor lamp and flat-screen TV. Unlike many of the comments on this hotel, we noticed no smoke or other negative odors. The room had clearly been redone fairly recently, the telltale sign always being the bathroom...nice new granite counter-top but a few too many coats of paint on the door and trim from years of service...not a big deal to me.

Not being a micro-freak about the condition of every single thing in the room, I found it very pleasant with an exceptionally comfortable pillow-top bed, decent sitting chair, good TV and functional bathroom...my "big-four" of hotel-room rating points.

Check-out was as easy as check-in and we're were gone by 9:00 AM well rested and very happy with our stay...especially since it was a $50.00 Priceline booking.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Charlotte Airport? Share your experiences!