“December stay at the Charlotte Doubletree” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Executive Package Savings
Ranked #66 of 170 Hotels in Charlotte
New York City, New York
“December stay at the Charlotte Doubletree”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights while on a business trip. Conveniently 10 minutes away from the airport. While picking me up from the airport on a Friday night I was told the shuttle would take 15 minutes, however ended up taking almost half an hour to arrive. However the driver (young man with black hair and glasses) seemed nice. When I arrived at the hotel the woman wearing glasses was very nice and helpful. I had forgotten my tooth brush at home so she gave me one along with some water and the complimentary Doubletree cookie (which I absolutely love!!) One thing that bothered me was that when I made my reservations over the phone they told me it would be $274 for the 2 nights, when I arrived that Friday night the woman with the glasses told me $360!!! At that moment I almost had a panic attack because I had planned out all my expenses prior to arriving, I was very upset but did not make a scene, thankfully she was very sincere, explained all the fees, and helped me out a bit.

My room was very well put together however I found quite a few stains on my sheets and the mattress. The coffee maker was dirty so I decided not to use it, I addressed it to the man at the front desk and he said they'd replace it. Instead I got free coffee from the kitchen. This may sound funny but the cookies they give out are really really good! I must have had 5 in total my entire stay, I might even just stay at Doubletree hotels just for the cookie! lol. The breakfast buffet was good except its $14 so take advantage.

The lobby decor is beautiful, had a warm Christmas vibe to it. Loved the red and white couch next to the Christmas tree, whoever designed it needs to give me some tips! Oh and thank you to the house keepers who cleaned and maintained my room while I was away. Wish I could of used the pool but it was cold while I was in Charlotte. Majority of the staff was nice, especially the woman at the front desk lobby while I checked out. No attitudes, all very nice and helpful. My only complaints were a stain in the bath towel, and stains on the mattress and bed sheets.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Karen S, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Kristin U,
Thank you so much for staying at our hotel and for your wonderful comments. I will be sure to share them with our team. We appreciate your business and hope that our cookies will bring you back time and time again. Happy Holidays!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

I utilized this hotel en route to Costa Rica for an overnight layover. The shuttle service is a bit sketchy (in that it takes a while for pickup and you HAVE to call), but I was pleasantly surprised upon arrival. The staff is friendly, the rooms are clean, and they especially take care of their Hilton HHonors members. The bar is overpriced, but the complimentary breakfast was great. A reasonably priced option that is really good for the overnight stay for shower, sleep, and food.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Karen S, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Southern AZ Traveler,
Thank you so much for staying at our hotel and for your kind comments. Our shuttle service typically runs every half hour, but we ask people to call to try to eliminate long waits at the airport. I apolgoize if there was confusion in this area. I am pleased that once you arrived at the hotel, you received the services and amenities that exceeded your expectations. Thanks again for your comments.
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Hotel was fine, but their fire alarm went off while sleeping. Of course the fire security system is extremely important, however it was a false alarm and made for a miserable and traumatic wake-up. I would expect a gesture from the hotel such as a complementary night, a discount, free breakfast or some free Hilton Honors points. But the hotel would offer nothing. Leaves a bad taste and no interest to return to a hotel that doesn't respect its customers.

Dear Joshua O,
Thank you for staying at our hotel during your visit to our area. I certainly apologize that the fire alarm did go off during your stay, however, I am pleased that is was not an actual fire. I know this can be very frustating and frightening. Again, our sincerest apology and we hope that you will consider staying with us again.
Drogheda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I stayed here as an overnight after a long flight and missed connection. The shuttle bus came promptly - which was a big plus. Check in was fast and efficient. I was upgraded to the Honors floor. The room was clean and comfortable - pretty much what I would expect from a Doubletree. The buffet breakfast was good and the shuttle ride back to the airport was on time.

Dear therealnickpark,
Thank you so much for your recent stay at our hotel and for posting such wonderful comments. We are pleased that we met your expectations in so many areas and we do hope that you will return in the near future. Thanks again.
Charlotte, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

If you have to wake up early, be prepared to have no hot water in the shower. They apparently turn off the water heaters at night. I reported the problem and never had it resolved. Also, frequently, the time for pickup took 40 minutes the hotel was just under 10 minutes from the airport. They also would forget to clean the room and had to be reminded. Next room noise could be extensive.

Dear John L,
Thank you for your long stay at our hotel and for offering your honest opinion of our hotel. I have shared your comments with our team in order to rectify the issues that you encountered. Thanks again and we hope to serve you in the future.
Vancouver, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We spent one short night at this hotel on a stop over headed back to Portland, Oregon from Turks and Caicos. The free shuttle service to and from the airport was very convenient. The room was spacious and quiet. I would recommended it as a good value option. There are several casual dining options one block away.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Karen S, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Don K,
Thank you for your visit during your recent layover in Charlotte. We are pleased that you were able to utilize our complimentary airport shuttle and are delighted that you enjoyed our hotel and the location. We do hope to see you again in the near future.
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

The hotel is in a perfect spot if you wants to be away from all the crowds of uptown. Its close to the airport and everything around it is just what the doctor order. I enjoy being here the staff is so wonderful always willing to help you with your every need. The housekeeping staff is the best my room is always spotless every time I stay here. I will always stay here anytime I need some down time and will always recommend this hotel as a peaceful spot to be.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Karen S, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Johnn1e 1960,
Thank you so much for staying at our hotel and for your kind comments. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay andI will certainly share your comments with our team. Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon.

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Charlotte Airport? Share your experiences!