“Nice hotel. Nice room. Great location. Front desk staff? Questionable!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Charlotte Airport

Special Offer
Breakfast & WiFi
Ranked #70 of 171 Hotels in Charlotte
Durham, North Carolina
“Nice hotel. Nice room. Great location. Front desk staff? Questionable!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Pretty good deal. Nice property and beautiful rooms. Clean. Comfortable bed.

I stayed at the location on April 13th - April 14th at 1:00 pm

HOWEVER!!! The female desk clerk seemed to have a disconnect and no real interest in assisting. . It was almost a chore for her to accomodate our request regarding a slightly later checkout. She initially told me i full of extended request and I can't. But I explained to her that my car was hit by someone in the parking lot and we were up until 4:30 am handling this issue. She paused, then sighed on the phone and stated, "ok I'll do it this time!". Wow really??? Not customer focused AT ALL!

Also, upon checkout despite her rather rude demeanor over the phone regarding the checkout, I still tried to make "small talk" with her and make light of the her attitude. She seemed more interested in finishing her paperwork that was piled in stacks on top of the counter than assisting me. I was explaining to her about a accident with a car rental that happened to me the night before (which was the reason for the late checkout because we were up late working on that issue FYI: it was not at the hotel) and she basically dismissed me and asked "what was your room number?" and I had already given to her twice. She really had no sympathy or concern for my situation. She kept her head down with no eye contact and basically acted like i was bothering her.

I won't be staying at this location again because of this front desk clerks attitude.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Karen S, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Wunderlust1971,
Thank you for your comments. I am sorry about your experience at the front desk. I can assure you that it is not standard to find someone at our hotel who isn't helpful. We strive to ensure our front desk agents and other team members know how much we value your business. I apologize for any issues you had and I hope you return in the future so you can experience a higher level of service from our team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was adequate for an overnight stay on our way down to the beach. Clean and fairly updated. Staff was also friendly. The location is great if you are needing to stay near the airport or 77. If you are looking at staying at this hotel and can get a good deal, I would recommend it.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Karen S, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear BuckeyeBaker,

From one "buckeye" to another, I want to thank you for staying at our hotel and for posting. I am pleased that you found our location and staff to meet your expectations and we hope to see you again on your beach travels. Thanks again!
Belleville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

While traveling for business I found this hotel online. It had a great location, since it was just a few minutes from the airport. The rooms were quiet. Shuttle provdied from the aiport if neccessary. Very nice rooms, breakfast and close to the downtown area as well. Safe area and free parking!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear SMSchmidt22,

It is always a pleasure to read when a guest is completely satisfied and we do appreciate your comments. We do agree that we offer one of the best locations in Charlotte, where not only are we close to the airport but uptown too. We hope to see you in the near future.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I checked into the hotel and immediately found the front desk to be warm and friendly, even though the hotel was full and it was very busy. Even though they were booked I wanted a double room to a king room and they helped me out! I ordered room service the crab cakes were some of the best I have ever had. The breakfast server in the morning was friendly and the buffet was hot and delicious. I was only there for one night but I would definitely return. One problem is the cell phone signals. It was spotting in some areas; however, I have found this is true at most hotels in the area. I have AT&T and I hear that is a problem in the Charlotte area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Shawn F,

Thank you for your recent visit and for posting your comments. We always enjoy hearing our guests' feedback and are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will certainly pass along your food and beverage comments to the team as they always like hearing how good our food tastes as well as the excellent service! We are working with AT&T to rectify some of the coverage problems in the airport area of Charlotte. Thanks again!
Traverse City, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I travel often for work, staying in hotels; I am not often compelled to write reviews; one hotel that did was the DoubleTree in Charlotte NC where several of us stayed at the while attending a conference at the hotel. The hotel van driver was friendly and punctual. The front desk lady that checked us in was friendly and knowledgeable about the area. The rooms were a great surprise; very clean and fresh; it looks like they have been updated. We had breakfast in the restaurant and the service was great and I liked being able to order omelets and other items. The homemade muffins were also delicious. The bartender at night was friendly and we ended up eating dinner at the bar. The management and staff were friendly and very helpful during the conference which resulted in a smooth hassle free event. This was our first trip to Charlotte and the DoubleTree lived up to the goods things we had been told about Charlotte. Overall, a great staff, clean rooms, good food and I would be remiss if I forgot to mention your incredible cookies. We are looking forward to returning to Charlotte again.

Room Tip: The workout room has enough equipment to let you get a good workout. The equipment was in very good...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear RichardR,

It was a pleasure having your as our guest during your recent conference at our hotel. We are thrilled that you found our staff and hotel of excellent quality and we hope to host your group again in Charlotte. Thanks again for your kind remarks.
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We selected the hotel because of its proximity to the Charlotte airport (about 5-10 from the airport, 5 minutes to the airport). Good size rooms, friendly excellent service, and a fairly good restaurant where the kitchen was quite accommodating on changes to the menu items.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear NERoth,
Thank you so much for staying at our hotel and for your kind remarks. We will certainly share your comments with our team. We hope to see you in the near future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This Doubletree is conveniently located close to the airport. They have a free shuttle to and from the airport that is great! We were greeted pleasantly and were given the pre-requisite chocolate chip walnut cookie! Check in went smoothly and we were given a room on the top floor facing the courtyard. The elevators are placed on either end of the hotel, so if you have a middle room, it can be a bit of a walk to get to your room. The room was well furnished with a very comfortable king size bed. We were just there for one night, so we didn't really use any of the facilities although they do have a fitness center. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet in the morning before our early flight. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Karen S, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Travelgirlslife,

Thank you so much staying at our hotel and for your positive review. We are pleased that you enjoyed our property even if you were only here for a short time. We hope to see you again in the near future. Thanks again and happy travels!

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Charlotte Airport? Share your experiences!