“Great for a quick stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Executive Package Savings
Ranked #66 of 170 Hotels in Charlotte
Windsor, California
“Great for a quick stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

Very friendly staff, very good food for a hotel restaurant. Clean and quiet. Good rates.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Karen S, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Dear longingforord,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. We are pleased that your stay was enjoyable and that you found our staff friendly and our food delicious! We hope that the next time you are in Charlotte, you will allow us to be of service to you.
Sincerely, Karen Sullivan, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Greenville, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

After reading some of the reviews I was a little nervous of how my stay would be. However, my stay was fantastic. Every employee I encountered was helpful and very friendly. The hotel is an older property so the lobby and bar area are not quite as up to date as you would want for the price, but are extremely clean and comfortable. You can tell by the doors and elevators that the property is older, but my room was very clean and had absolutely no complaints about it. The bathroom was updated, the furnishings were very nice, and my bed was extremely comfortable. I had no problems with it. I stayed at this hotel for a business meeting and we had two breakfasts and lunches catered by the hotel and all were quite tasty. I could not find a single complaint during my stay. This is a great hotel for business travelers. For the age of the hotel, I might expect the prices to be a little lower to compete with some of the newer properties, but otherwise I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Karen S, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
Dear Michael T,

Thank you so much for your positive comments on Trip Advisor. We are pleased that you found our hotel friendly and welcoming!

Please know that we are in the process of updating several areas of the hotel that you mentioned, including the lobby, lounge, restaurant and public hallways. We will also be replacing carpeting as well as some of the furniture in our guest rooms. This will all be completed in 2012 and will offer the fresh look that is inviting to guests.

Thanks again for your comments and I hope that we will see you again in the near future!

Cary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

The Doubletree Hotel near the airport in Charlotte is a very reasonably priced hotel for the business travel or for the tourist who needs a nice place to stay for the night. The front desk staff are very helpful, the rooms are updated with great linens and beds, there is a nice lounge, and good workout facility.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Karen S, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Dear CaryTravler,

Thank you so much for posting comments on Trip Advisor. We appreciate all the positive feedback and are happy that you found our hotel to be welcoming and friendly. We hope that the next time your travels bring you to Charlotte, we will be your first choice for accommodations.

Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

I have had great experiences at the Doubletree Hotel near the Charlotte Airport. The front desk personnel have always been most accommodating and the chocolate chip cookies are great! The rooms have always been oversized and very comfortable with great beds and mattresses. The bar and restaurant personnel are among the nicest I have experienced. The Doubletree does not have an indoor pool, but the outdoor pool is very nice.

Room Tip: This Doubletree Hotel does have smoking rooms. Thank goodness or I would not stay there!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Karen S, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, February 18, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write comments regarding your stay. We appreciate the positive feedback and I will certainly share it with our team.

We hope that we will see you again in the near future!
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

If you are thinking of staying at his hotel - don't. We requested a non-smoking king bed room with an indoor pool and got a twin bed smokey room with an outdoor pool. When we kindly asked the management to help us - they stuck us in a disaster of a room (101) next to the machine/ room, elevator and maintenance closet. (see photos) We were awoken every hour by repair noise, banging and grinding on all sides of the room.

The shower in the room was broken (see photo) and the exterior door didn't lock. When we tried to tell management about the safety problems and horrible environment we again were told that the management was away. The staff looked overworked and unable to assist us. I must say being woken up for the 20th time by a loud groundskeeper blowing leaves right outside the glass door for an hour left us completely exhausted.

There was one helpful person who helped us when (for +$100 a night) there was no fridge in the room. Can you imagine that? No fridge? No management on duty to help us?

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Karen S, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, February 5, 2012
Dear Katerina H,

Thank you so much for informing us of the problems that you incurred while staying at our property and I truly apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. I will check with Priceline to find out why their information stated that we have an inside pool, when clearly, we do not. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. I will also speak to our maintenance and front desk teams so that we can rectify noise complaints in the future.

Thank you again for taking the time to write your comments. We will be undergoing a renovation in 2012 and I hope that you will return to see the wonderful changes that will be happenings.

NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

We came into town to have a family holiday visit and needed a place to stay overnight. I used Priceline to find a hotel room bidding $50 for the night for a 3 or 4 star hotel [which after fees and taxes ended up being $68] in the areas of Southpark and Executive Park. I could not get acceptance until I included the airport area, then the Doubletree Charlotte Airport was my prize. The pictures looked fairly nice and it wasn't too hard to find, however, I will never stay here again and I will be cautious using Priceline in the future.

When we arrived at the hotel it was around 11 pm. The two honey badgers at the front desk checked us in with a bored nonchalance and handed us two packages with our warm welcome cookies. The lobby was nondescript and smelled faintly of cigarette smoke. We were given a key to a king room on the first floor and headed around the corner and down the hall to look for it. On the way, we passed a group of college-aged guys loudly commenting on how "this place smells like a nursing home." I disagreed at that point, thinking, "actually it smells like a bar." As we walked down the 100 hall, the smell of smoke was incredibly strong. Apparently this hotel prides itself on a large number of smoking rooms and they have located, at least on this hall, the smoking and non-smoking rooms on the very same hall- I know, brilliant, right?

When we entered our room there was temporary relief from the smoke smell that was so strong in the hall, that was only temporary however, and we realized that there was no escaping the smell of smoke in this hotel, at least not on the first floor. Well, actually, that is not true since you could escape the smell of smoke by placing your face into the sheets or pillows on the bed but then you were confronted with the smell the guys in the hall had talked of since the linens did have the odor of nursing home. So, the choices were basically 'bar' or 'nursing home.' Room 145 was standard Hilton family fare, only scruffier and smellier. The chair in the corner was ratty and torn with stuffing coming out and stray threads hanging here and there. There was a large stain on the carpet [probably chocolate because those cookies were oozing chocolate that got all over our hands]. Behind the sheers we could see the courtyard and pool area well lit by floodlights positioned on the ground and pointed toward our room. When we went to close the heavier lined drapes we found they were not designed to pull over the sheers and were only decorative side drapes. This was disturbing, because if we could see out into the courtyard, certainly someone out there could see in. Also, once we turned off the lights and went to bed the room was flooded with unnatural and jarring light.

In closing, our sleep was not optimal and was interrupted by glaring light and sinus issues exacerbated by all of the smoke in this hotel. DO NOT STAY HERE IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THE SMELL OF CIGARETTE SMOKE! Overall, we had a good rate but did not get a great night's sleep.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Karen S, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, January 10, 2012
We are truly sorry to hear of your unpleasant experience while staying at our hotel. We are currently reviewing the location of our smoking rooms and researching solutions to eliminate the smoking odor. I also apologize that you were not able to locate the black out curtains which certainly would have made sleeping much easier. We appreciate you notifying us of these issues so that we can correct them. Thank you again. Karen Sullivan, General Manager
Wayensboro, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights in room 121. The room was very nice and spacious. It was a one bedroom suite that was given to me as an upgrade. It appears that the rooms have been updated recently, but the rest of the property leaves somewhat less to be desired. Lobby is VERY small and hallways are awkward and smokey in some parts. They could probably update the halls and common areas, however I know it's expensive to do such. The place was clean though and everyone was pleasant. Thanks to Michelle for assisting me with my reservation! My pre-arrival experience was very interesting, however the stay once I was there made up for the oddities.

The only things I noted, and they are minor things, was while the room was clean and fresh, it seems housekeeping forgot to pick up the last guests used Q-tip from beside the TV stand in the room and I did find some stray hairs in the towels. Also, I noticed dishes and room service trays stayed in the hallways for extended periods of time.

Other then those few minor things, I enjoyed the stay and I would definitely recommend the property to others.

• Stayed December 2011
Karen S, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Charlotte Airport, responded to this review, December 27, 2011
Thank you so much for your recent comments regarding our hotel. We are pleased that you had a great stay and that you received wonderful service while at our property. We have made many upgrades to our guest rooms and we are happy that you found that appealing. The public areas and hallways will be undergoing a "facelift" in 2012, so we hope that you will return to see the additional renovations.

Thanks again for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We appreciate your business and hope to see you in 2012.

Happy New Year!

Karen Sullivan, General Manager

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Charlotte Airport? Share your experiences!