“Disgusting” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Charlotte Coliseum

You added Motel 6 Charlotte Coliseum to your Saves list
Motel 6 Charlotte Coliseum
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   131 Red Roof Drive, I-77 at Nations Ford Road, Exit #4, Charlotte, NC 28217 (Formerly Red Roof Inn) (Montclaire South)   |
Ranked #138 of 171 Hotels in Charlotte
Athol, Massachusetts
“Disgusting”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

This place was absolutely Disgusting. Every Room is said to be new. No Way. The pictures you see are not from the Motel. Do Not Stay Here. I slept with my clothes on. We had our kids with us, and it turned my stomach to know they were staying here. We were stuck. No other place to stay. Race Weekend. I will be contacting Motel 6 Headquarters to give them a heads up on this place. May contact Board of Health as well. Dirt, hair in corners. Old T.V., AC that Did not work. On the Wall behind Toilet Paper Dispenser was a "Snot" for lack of a better term. Very Bad area as well. Musty Smell. There's more, but I will stop here. you can make your own decision.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

My finance and I were looking for a cheap place to stay for one night as we were passing through town. We've never had a problem with a one star hotel before, but this one was sub par. There were lots of people loitering in the parking lot that seemed to be living there, the grounds are covered in trash, and the lobby smelled of smoke. All of this was before we actually got to our room. We reserved a king bed, non-smoking room. They gave us a double bed room that was REEKING of cigarette smoke. The curtain was broken, and didn't close properly. The lighting fixtures has burn marks from the lightbulbs. They gave us one towel in total. The sheets weren't on tightly, and when I went to fix them, I saw a large blood stain on the side of the mattress. All in all, it wasn't worth a penny, and I should have listened to the other reviews before booking. DON'T STAY HERE!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Where do I start???? This was supposed to be a non-smoking room, but the curtains and bed spreads were full of cigarette burns and smelled terrible. The floors were dirty and the telephone was disgusting, I wouldn't even touch it. The paint was falling off the walls and there were holes in the wall in the bathroom with mold and mildew that was painted over with "fresh" paint. Room 108 was supposedly "renovated"

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

Stayed here one night and went to the Charlotte Bobcat's game. The place only ran me $40 after taxes and it was worth it. I had no problems with the staff, bugs, cleanliness or anything else. I will say however, the bathroom smelled like fish when the light/fan switch was left on. The bed was a bit firm but I suppose that's just personal preference. Overall a decent place to lay your head.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Clifton Heights, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

I am not certain what one would expect when the charge per night is under $40.00. Absolutely, one should expect a clean room without bedbugs. And, I have not had the horror of seeing ANY. Of course, because I am not in each hotel room, I can not speak on another guests experience-only MINE.

Haven't seen any "prostitutes". Although I imagine ANY hotel/motel could be a headquarters for turning tricks. IMO there is no difference between a high priced call girl meeting a "John" at the Ritz Carlton and a prostitute turning tricks at Motel 6. Both commit the same offenses/criminal acts. Again... I have not seen that kind of activity, personally. Upon arrival, I did see police patrolling the vicinity of the hotel. I also saw the Manager quite frequently, ie., he IS walking around the grounds. There is a washing machine and dryer-not a "laundry facility" with plenty of available machines. However, 1-2 washing machines and a dryer or two. There is an ice machine, that is working. Wi-Fi reception is EXCELLENT. Housekeeping did come to the room today, a team of two offering to clean. We do our own cleaning by choice.

Our towels were exchanged, trash bins emptied, replacement liners provided. YES, I have seen roaches, nowhere else other than the bathroom. The outside of the motel could use some power cleaning/power scrubbin'. Because it DOES have a project-like appearance-including the unpleasant smells. That said, I do not wander around the motel grounds after dark, therefore, I can not tell you what happens at night 'round here or who is out there at night. I do not open my door if I do not know who it is, and I have not had the unpleasant experience of having a stranger knocking on my door.

As far as dirty sheets and quilts... Our sheets were laundered. The quilts, are light beige/light orange colored. The stains appear permanent stains-not dirty quilts. At least not in this room. For this reason, they should be replaced. I can not and will not speak to the experience of other guests. I think it depends on your expectations. Because of the cheap price-yes, it is likely that those kinda ppl described in other reviews, FLOCK to this locale to do things other than sleep. That is unfortunate for those that need a hotel/motel room for legitimate purposes. I do believe a more diligent effort needs to go into thoroughly cleaning between check-outs/check-ins. There is a bus stop right around the corner, in front of the La Case Inn #24 bus line. There is also a Circle K and another Gas Station just around the bend for coffee, etc. This particular room has a microwave and a fridge

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

After traveling all day from New Orleans towards NY, my buddy and I decided to stop at a North Carolina rest area on I-85 to get a Room Saver Coupon Book. We looked through the pages and noticed the Motel 6-Coliseum in Charlotte was offering the best rates so we decided to head there to break up the trip. Everything went smoothly with check-in, but once we headed to the first room we noticed both beds weren't made so we went back to the desk clerk to get another room. The clerk gave us room 128. We walked in and I looked around. I noticed the room had finger prints and markings on the TV, lamps & counter. The floor was clean in the main area but corners and sides needed attention. While my buddy was showering, I decided to slip into bed, since I was so tired from the long drive. While laying down I noticed there was some tiny black balls on top of the white sheet. I didn't think anything of it so I brushed it off, as I thought it was something that stuck on from laundry. After sleeping for a few hours, I woke up to use the bathroom and noticed there was a bug on the quilt. With a tissue I grabbed it and threw it away. Went back to sleep, woke up in the morning to get ready for our grueling trip back to NY. Put the light on and noticed there was several blood blotches on the white sheet, that were in a straight line from my body towards the end of the bed. Also there were more tiny black balls, which I figured were droppings. Saw another bug on the blanket, which I determined was a Bed Bug. When I ran to the bathroom, took off my shirt and socks, both revealed blood markings. Showered, put clothes on and went to the motel office. Morning clerk apologized and offered very little sympathy, claiming that he gets many contractors there that may be spreading these bugs around. He assured me that he will call the exterminator to check the room and if any were found, the room will be refunded to the debit card. So, guess what? I called the next day, the same clerk answered and told me that the exterminator did indeed find bed bugs and that the money will get refunded to the card. After almost a week, the money was refunded, but now I am suffering with itchiness from the red bumps on my arms, legs and back. Beware! Check the sheets and everything around the bed at any hotel!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

After reading good ratings about this motel and experienced staying here one night. All I have to say is 'NEVER AGAIN' don't waste your money here. There's people who walk around the parking lot late at night and prostitutes standing around the stairs. Definitely not a family friendly place to stay the night at. The bed had hair on it from previous customers and the shower didn't drain properly. Just overall disgusting. Doesn't seem like they change the sheets or mop the floors.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 Charlotte Coliseum? Share your experiences!