“Not What a Hilton Should be” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Charlotte Center City

You added Hilton Charlotte Center City to your Saves list
Hilton Charlotte Center City
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   222 East Third Street, Charlotte, NC 28202 (Second Ward)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast & WiFi
Ranked #46 of 170 Hotels in Charlotte
GreenLeadersBronze level
Conover, North Carolina
“Not What a Hilton Should be”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2010

When we got off the elevator on the 7th floor I felt like I was in a Shaft movie. Yellow and purple carpet, dirty, dinged up walls and smelled terrible. During our stay a water main broke so there was no water pressure and the water that was available was very milky and suspect. Bed was poor quality and slept terrible. Very disappointing as a Hilton brand hotel. Stayed at many Hampton Inn's that are nicer than this place. I would recommend the Ritz or Marriott if you are in downtown Charlotte.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2010

After arriving to my room around 11:30pm, I was exhausted and ready to go to bed. Unfortunately, when I pulled back the sheets I realized that the front desk had given me a room that hadn't been cleaned from the previous night. The sheets had strands of hair and stains. When I checked out the bathroom, it was much of the same. The sink and shower were dirty with used soap left out.

San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

I went to my friends wedding and stayed at the Hilton with my boyfriend. We had reserved a room with king size bed, we get there and it's not available, so we got a room with 2 queen beds. Room service was very expensive. Restaurant inside the hotel has a "B" rating and the food is pretty bad..

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Asheboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

I have stayed here probably 7 times over the last 2 years. We typically stay here when we go the the charlotte bobcat games which the bobcats arena is only a ~5-10 min walk with no issues/safety occurred. The YMCA is adjacent to it which I like to use and can do for free if you request the executive level at the hilton. The executiv elevel offers free food also, but not on weekends. I use my hilton honors points typically for free stays, but it is not expensive anyway.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

We went to Charlotte this past Saturday. We have stayed in Charlotte before and this have chosen this hotel all but one time, as we feel it is the best choice in the center of the city!
Location: First of all the Hilton is in an ideal location to be able to walk anywhere within the center of the city. It is on the corner of 3rd & College Street and there are lots of restaurants you can walk right to that are always bustling with people.

Executive Level: We were upgraded to Executive Level. With that you have access to the room that has a computer with free internet, beverages and light food. There are cold Coca Cola products and bottled water available to take with you. There is a free breakfast - it only has fruit, cheese and cold cuts along with a few juices and coffee. There is also a free happy hour in the afternoons with snacks, as well as beer & wine but not well drinks. You may purchase well drinks but they are the typical price in a hotel!
Request Exec. Level! Most of the time your request will be honored! We've never been turned down!

Rooms: The rooms are large and clean. The bathrooms are very nice, with granite countertops and a glass enclosed tile shower. Our view was of the city. Very comfortable beds, tons of fluffy pillows! The rooms are also decorated very nicely!

Hotel: Take the elevator to either the 2nd or 3rd floor, and it will take you to a nice indoor walking area along with a very nice hotel bar and restaurant. Also this where the Fitness Center and Pool are. Check out the pictures on the website of the pool and fitness center! We didn't go in there but it looks REALLY NICE!!!! And you don't have to go outside to get there. Very convenient.
Right outside the large indoor walking area is a sitting area with tables, chairs, umbrellas and a fountain - around the corner takes you directly into the center of the city.

Around the hotel: Ruth's Chris, Capital Grill and many other restaurants & bars are right around the corner. Also, there are a ton of bars and cafes on College Street. We are football fans and went to Strike City which is a big sports bar right down from the Hilton. Really fun place to go and has a very upscale "bowling alley." Sounds weird, I know - but check it out!!! Fun & lively atmosphere! Many other places we went to as well but that's for another review all together!

To wrap it up: The Hilton City Center is awesome! Absolutely no complaints. Excellent staff, nice, big clean rooms, great hotel bar and perfect location!

Compared to the Omni: We stayed in the Omni one time before in Charlotte which is right around the corner from the Hilton - we thought it was in a better location... If you have a choice, chose the Hilton. It is MUCH nicer! The rooms are twice the size and look brand new! Unfortunately the Omni seems to need a renovation as far as the rooms are concerned.

Love the Hilton! Hope to stay there again next time we visit Charlotte!

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

I was traveling home from New Orleans and stopped in Charlotte for the night. I booked this hotel through a third-party booking service for about 25% cheaper than the rates I found on the hotel's website. Even though I arrived after midnight, the front desk agent was very nice and, when I asked if she had any information on city tours, suggested two companies and gave me information on both. The room was very clean (no bed bugs); the hotel is either new or has been recently remodeled. The bathroom was gorgeous. I did not hear any external "city" noise during the night and heard a few guests making their way to the elevators in the morning. The bed was comfortable and check-out was a breeze. I was able to store my luggage at the hotel while I was on a tour of the city. I highly recommend this hotel.

Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

We stayed 2 nights for a wedding. The hotel is very quiet....We stayed on the floor with other wedding guests and didn't here a peep though out the night. The beds were comfortable but seemed a bit small. The hotel is very clean and the food in the lounge was delicious. Also the location was perfect.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Charlotte Center City? Share your experiences!