“Great choice in Charlotte” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Charlotte Center City

You added Hilton Charlotte Center City to your Saves list
Hilton Charlotte Center City
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   222 East Third Street, Charlotte, NC 28202 (Second Ward)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast & WiFi
Ranked #46 of 170 Hotels in Charlotte
GreenLeadersBronze level
San Francisco, California
“Great choice in Charlotte”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I thoroughly enjoy staying at this hotel. The location is perfect, right in the middle of downtown Charlotte (or Uptown as they call it there). The rooms are large with comfortable beds and nice bathrooms. The staff is terrific here, friendly and helpful. You have the option of parking yourself or valet parking. The parking lot is huge and can be a bit confusing until you get used to it. My only complaint about this Hilton is what happened to me with room service - twice. The server came to my room and presented the bill. Tax had been included both times, but she neglected to tell me, so I tipped 38% plus a service charge.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
lmtaintor, Manager at Hilton Charlotte Center City, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear PacificHeights7, Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Charlotte Center City. Thank you for your kind comments on our hotel and team here in Charlotte. It will be my pleasure to share it with them at our next team meeting. I am truly glad you enjoyed your stay and all that Charlotte has to offer. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

I stayed here last night. IT was real nice no complaints at all is given. I loved it. Just make sure you meet your company in the lobby instead of them coming up to your room because they will get stuck in the elevator with no room card. But other then that it was nice. And the garage it a little over whelming if you don't no where your going. It's like a scavenger hunt to get out of there at first.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Riccashea, Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Charlotte Center City. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Charlotte!
Winnipeg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I love staying here- I have tried other hotels in Uptown, but this is my favorite - For me it is close to where I am working and it is walking distance to the everything in uptown which always has great events going on - and it is a charming small town feel with uptown amenities. The staff are amazing, and genuinely nice. They really worked to make me feel at home, and make my stay as pleasant as possible- I love the southern hospitality I always find in Charlotte, but the staff here really take it up a notch, from check-in all the way to check-out they really were amazing.
I love the adjustable bed, the hotel is always clean, and the food is surprisingly good - the made to order pancakes were the best part of the breakfast buffet for me! The laundry is not coin operated - it is free, you can buy detergent from the pantry at the front desk.

Room Tip: Parking deck lets you into the 4th or 5th floor - I like not having to take the elevator to get to m...
Green Features: they have the standard if you don't want your sheets changes, towel changed daily options. there is no recycling bins in the rooms.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Canuk-abroad66, Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Charlotte Center City. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Recent stay at Hilton Charlotte Center City (Weekend stay). Large hotel in a wonderful location. Easy walking access to the downtown area. Large parking garage at either self-park or valet pricing...comparable with other parking locations in the area.

Busy at check-in, although service was cordial and reasonably efficient. As a Diamond Member, I was a bit dismayed/disappointed at the inability to provide a room upgrade. One of the few times in my travels a Hilton chain hotel was unable to provide the upgrade or comparable recognition. There is an Executive Lounge providing a nice retreat. Again, nothing out of the ordinary, but did provide a small breakfast and some coffee/drink options. I would recommend that they put a bit more thought, or policy, into what is on the lounge televisions...(a Forensic File show detailing the tragic killing of family members at the hands of a lunatic is probably not in line with the atmosphere they are attempting to achieve). I did mention that to the staff in the Executive Lounge, but it had little impact...actually, it seemed the televisions were on channels more of interest to the staff than something universally "ok" with patrons, such as ESPN, Weather Channel, or such).

The room was clean and the A/C did a good job of keeping the room comfortable. The 2nd floor area offers access to more dining areas and shopping. It was nice to see an Avis rental area in the hotel...which can make car rental very convenient. We did not need a rental, but I always find that a plus for a hotel to have that nearby or on-site.

Overall had a good stay and would likely consider it again, although we have also stayed at other hotels locally that have their own advantages and disadvantages. The overall hospitality and courtesy was good...but in the Charlotte area, we still have to rate the Ritz-Carlton at the top for their handling of guests.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear TCU61, Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Charlotte Center City. I am glad you enjoyed your stay but obviously we could have done better. Thank you for your feedback on our executive lounge. I have addressed these with our Director of Food & Beverage and he and his team are committed to ensuring a great guest experience. I hope the next time your travels take you to Charlotte you will choose to stay with us again and see the difference.
Huntersville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We came here with friends after attending a beer festival at Epicenter. We were able to fit 4 people into a hotel room very comfortably in a standard room. Parking was a little confusing but I just chose to valet for $25 + tip.

The hotel is located right in the heart of uptown and is walking distance to everything! The view was nice of the city and surrounding areas - we were on the 19th floor so we could see a lot. They have an executive lounge which is very nice with hot breakfast etc. We always love staying in Hilton's and we will definitely come back when we need a room!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Aubrey R., Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Charlotte Center City. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and all the amenities we have to offer. We are extremely proud of our executive lounge and feel it has the best views in town. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Charlotte.
Portland, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I was part of a wedding at this hotel during the weekend and was very impressed. The hotel has many great qualities:

-Top notch location in the middle of Uptown, nearly next door to Epicenter.
-Check in was painless and my room was ready at 10:30 am! My parents' was not, so they switched them to another that was.
-Clean room. Not overly big but does the job. I was on the executive floor and thought the lounge, with free food and (non alcoholic) drinks was worth it for a multi night stay.
-The gym at the attached YMCA is fantastic!!! It's one of the better gyms I've been to anywhere, nevermind at a hotel.
-The banquet hall for events is beautiful. And the bride's parents raved about Mel. She was absolutely amazing I was told. The wedding went down without a hitch. It was maybe the best I've ever been to. The bride and groom highly recommend this hotel for weddings.
-The outdoor courtyard is great. Sitting outside with drinks from the bar was a pleasure.

The minor gripes:
-The wedding rate for the rooms was $130, which is a great value. For the executive rooms it was $160. But the pending charge on my credit card shows $466 for the two night stay, which would be a big error. I'm hoping a mischarge doesn't marr a 5 star experience.
-Housekeeping never came to my parents' room. In exchange the hotel gave them a late checkout, which was nice.

Overall I'd highly recommend this hotel as the ideal mix of quality and value. And a great venue for weddings or other events.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Brett F., Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Charlotte Center City. I am sincerely glad you enjoyed your stay and had a great time at the wedding. We hope to see you again soon on your next trip to Charlotte!
Norristown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Very nice hotel in a equally great location. The staff is very friendly, and were helpful in every way. They gave us great suggestions for brunch out of the hotel. The rooms were clean and roomy. The beds were very comfortable. The next time in Charlotte I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a city view and at the end of the halls away from the elevators.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
lmtaintor, Manager at Hilton Charlotte Center City, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear jtajs, Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay at the Hilton Charlotte Center City. I truly appreciate your kind words regarding our team here in Charlotte and the hotel. We take great pride in our hotel and we really appreciate hearing that from our guests. I hope to see you again soon on your next trip to Charlotte.

Been to Hilton Charlotte Center City? Share your experiences!