“Great place and takes care of its reward members” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Charlotte Executive Park

Save Saved
You added Crowne Plaza Charlotte Executive Park to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Charlotte Executive Park
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   5700 Westpark Drive, Charlotte, NC 28217 (Formerly Charlotte Marriott Executive Park)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #62 of 170 hotels in Charlotte
Columbia, South Carolina
“Great place and takes care of its reward members”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Reviewed August 6, 2013 NEW

I've read some of the reviews prior to booking at this hotel. The hotel is older looking from the outside but not by much as I can tell you the inside is very nice. The hotel is even scheduling to update much of it. The front desk could not be more acccomodating and pleasant. The entire staff from housekeeping to the resturant waitress for breakfast were all very friendly. Took our two kids with us and they enjoyed the place as well as the pool. So all in all, I think this is a great spot and close to many things. As a platinum member with IHG I felt very welcome and anyone with the priority club can appreciate the bonus points here. I would definatly stay again

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
BBenn781, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Charlotte Executive Park, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share about your positive experience here at the Crowne Plaze Charlotte Executive Park. We do take pride in the service we provide our guests. Hope that you come visit us again.
Bill Bennett

77 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Randleman, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Booked this hotel for the Beyonce concert & girls weekend. Check in was easy, rooms were clean. Shuttle was not available to take us to arena but Herbert was available with the Lincoln & took us & picked us up for a very reasonable price!! Service in the downstairs bar/grill was ok, appetizers were very good! Would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed July 2013
BBenn781, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Charlotte Executive Park, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share with others about your expererience at our hotel. Hope that you come back and visit us again.
Bill Bennett, General Manager
cancun
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Some of the reviews I read said this hotel was a 4star; this hotel is a upscale 3 star at its best. You can tell its old from the outside and the inside. The lobby is nice but the rooms are old and daunted. I stayed at this resort by purchasing it through hotwire for $80 and I think it was overly price for hotwire rates. Its ok for a night stay but don't make this resort your family vacation or a romantic night out.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
BBenn781, Assistant General Manager at Crowne Plaza Charlotte Executive Park, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
We appreciate your comments about your experience at the Crowne Plaza Charlotte Hotel. We are pleased to report that our hotel will be undergoing a multi-million dollar hotel restoration project in which we will have a more modern look in the public areas and guest rooms, we hope that you consider us again if your travels bring you back to Charlotte, NC.
Chad Courture, Assistant General Manager
Greenville, SC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

However, the renovation can't get here fast enough. The rooms were clean (I stayed on the 19th floor). But they simply need an update. I have recently stayed at HI Express and Staybridge Properties that were much more modern.

I also experienced the worst check-in experience in 3 yrs staying with an IHG property. The employee (only 1 employee was nice, but needed help). But there was only 1 person, with over 15 people trying to check in. So, it truly took over 30 minutes once i walked in the door before I was in my room. Now granted I am a platinum member so I used to going from front door to room in many hotels in less than five minutes because they have special lines for Gold or Platinum members. However, this hotel didn't have a special line, much less a second line period.

Outside of that the property was fine but needs an update. The bed was soft, internet speed good, room was clean.

Oh, I think I have only been to 1 or 2 other CP's that charge for alcohol in the executive lounge. To me this was annoying, but not a huge deal.

I will give the hotel another try, but not until after the renovation is complete.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
BBenn781, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Charlotte Executive Park, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
We appreciate your comments about your experience at the Crowne Plaza Charlotte Hotel. We are pleased to report that our hotel will be undergoing a multi-million dollar hotel restoration project in which we will have a more modern look in the public areas and guest rooms. We apologize for the wait you had during the check in process. We do have a dedicated area for our Elite members and we should have had more help during the peak time of check in to expedite your arrival.

We hope you will consider us again in the near future – we are sure that you will notice a difference upon your return.
Bill Bennett, General Manager & Chad Couture, Assistant General Manager
Painesville, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

We were in town for a conference. While the hotel is not great if you don't have a car, it's pretty nice. Choices of places to eat or grab a drink are limited and expensive. The cheapest around was the Japanese restaurant. Had lunch the first and last day of my stay at the hotel restaurant. Both of Those meals were more than my dinners elsewhere. I would not recommend eating there if you are on a budget of any sort.
Our rooms were supposed tone ready upon our arrival to Charlotte at 11 am. Some were ready, some were not. But you can't expect the hotel to have 40 rooms ready at a time that's before checkout! We got rooms later after we returned from the convention center. I had the great fortune of having a room on the 19th floor. A concierge level. Friends of mine were on lower levels and didn't get some of the amenities that I did. I had a king size bed, a balcony, access to the concierge lounge(thAt I didn't use), chocolates on my pillow at night with my light left on and a little bottle of water. It was wonderful. I also had a microwave and refrigerator in my room. It was a great room! The best part was the sleep spray and lotion they leave for you! The bed was soooo comfortable and I would love to have one of their pillows!

• Stayed July 2013
BBenn781, Assistant General Manager at Crowne Plaza Charlotte Executive Park, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share with others about your experience at the Crowne Plaza Charlotte Executive Park while attending your convention in Uptown Charlotte. We’re conveniently located just 1 mile from the closest light rail stop which is a popular choice for travelers who want to visit uptown. Our restaurant has many menu choices to fit any budget and we have 3 other restaurants within walking distance of the hotel in case you want to stretch your legs.

We apologize that we were not able to accommodate your request to check in early. Our normal check in time is 3pm and we do our best to anticipate your needs. Our Concierge or Executive Level rooms do have some extra amenities and access to the Concierge Lounge. I can only assume that you were upgraded complimentary as the hotel was full. I’m glad that you enjoyed the extra pampering and we hope to have the opportunity to see you again when your plans bring you back to the Charlotte area.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again.
Chad Couture, Assistant General Manager
Port Orchard, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Slightly above average business traveler hotel not far from airport. Our stay was two consecutive nights, then a single night a few days later. Hotel was clean with the usual room amenities. Beds were clean and comfortable although my husband and I had to share a double bed... smaller than what we're used to and generally unusual in a hotel of this type. The hotel has a very nice indoor/outdoor pool filled with saltwater - a pleasant spot for an evening swim. The gym seemed well-equipped, as well. Our primary reason for choosing this hotel was price. For the time period we needed, it was $100 less per night than the places we usually stay in Charlotte's Southpark area. We would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
BBenn781, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Charlotte Executive Park, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here at the Crowne Plaza Charlotte Executive Park. We appreciate your positive comments about our amenties and location. Please note that our hotel will be undergoing a renovation, we hope you come back again and check in with us.
Bill Bennett, General Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Formally the Marriott Executive Park. Great staff and service. Rooms were clean and nicely furnished. Shuttle service to and from airport and can provide rides to local restaurants or publci transit. I was very satisfied with my stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your positive feedback! There will be some new changes coming - the hotel will be getting even better!
Bill Bennett

Been to Crowne Plaza Charlotte Executive Park? Share your experiences!