“Awesome Service & Integrity!” 5 of 5 stars

Breakfast is on Us!
Ranked #46 of 171 Hotels in Charlotte
Certificate of Excellence 2014
dovescry21
“Awesome Service & Integrity!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

I was in Charlotte for the first time for a 2 day work conference. This Marriott hotel was in a great location in the middle of the city. There was some amazing places to eat all within a few blocks, which was very convenient. The hotel itself didn't disappoint and held up the Marriott reputation of being an awesome hotel! I'm really big on sleep quality based on the beds and the beds in the hotel was amazing...very comfy and plush with a really nice and fluffy comforter. The entire hotel oozes with luxury from the lobby restrooms to ballrooms and all the common areas! Very nice. I also left my Coach eyeglasses and case in my room when I checked out. It took me 4 days to realize that my glasses were missing. I called the hotel and the housekeeping staff located my glasses and mailed them to me free of charge! I was super impressed with the level of customer service and integrity I received. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again even if I had to pay a bit more!! Worth every penny.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Tiffin, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

This hotel has great location, and is easy to navigate meeting rooms, etc. The bar, Champions has great food and drink (although it's a little dark); The cigar bar, Cutter's, is a nice place to relax after a day of meetings. The hotel staff was very attentive and the rooms were clean. I only wish there were more outdoor areas to enjoy onsite. There is a rooftop sitting area on floor 5 outside the pool, but it leaves a lot to be desired.

S. Walpole
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

This is a typical Marriott but smaller. hard to tell what they did but the rooms barely accommodate two adults. This seems like a trick they are playing with these double rooms. The beds are full size and not queens. This is an under served hotel base dupon the sleeping rooms. They are charging full price for rooms that are smaller than normal for marriott.
The bathroom is smaller than normal. It is a real stretch for two adults to be comforatble in these rooms.

They are also really pushing their bed products, pillows and blankets.

I am a lifelong Marriott customer, lifetime platinum status, and this is the smallest room I have ever had for a Marriott. Definitely not up to their global standards. I don't think it was an optical illusion

Room Tip: Ask for a king it is the only way to not be cramped.
Green Features: Passable but nothing special just getting by in their efforts to be more environmentally friendly.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

I stayed here for two nights for a work function and wished I had picked a different hotel. The location of the hotel is good for walking around the city but it makes other aspects of the hotel worse. First on that list is the quality of sleep you'll get which for me was poor. The hotel is unreasonably loud. Every police siren, car exhaust, bar crowd, conversation in the hallway, drop of a soda from the vending machine, toilet flush can be heard from inside your room, and I was on the 9th floor facing the W. Trade Street. The walls must be made of paper. The bed was lumpy and worn, the pillows were terrible, some too soft, some too firm, some should have been thrown out. The bathroom and shower were clean, in fact the whole room was, but the shower had poor temperature control. It was either scalding hot or ice cold and the slightest movement of the handle made a for a big swing.

I didn't eat at the hotel and didn't see a need to as Charlotte is filled with good restaurants. The only other service I used at the hotel was wireless internet in the room, 24 hours costs $9.95 which is simply absurd. Overall, TripAdvisor illustrates that there are better hotels to choose from in Charlotte, do yourself a favor and go with anyone of them over this.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Gary O, Manager at Charlotte Marriott City Center, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with about your stay at the Charlotte Marriott City Center.

You indicated in your review that you were not satisfied with the noise level during the night as well as the comfort of your bed and the Internet charges. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

We thank you again for choosing our hotel during your travels and hope to see you again.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Spent three nights for a conference in April 2014. The hotel, and particularly the rooms, we clean and comfortable. The cigar lounge was excellent. It's located within easy walking distance of area attractions, and several nearby restaurants. I would certainly recommend the Marriott City Center to anyone.

• Stayed April 2014
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

The wife and myself stayed here a couple of weeks ago while attending a Cher concert.

The one way road system coupled with the ongoing roadworks made entering the hotel a bit of a problem but after circling the block we pulled in. The only problem with the entrance way is it is very narrow and not a lot of room in the semi circular driveway. My wife stayed in the car while I checked in and then we went down to the parking garage. I can tell you it is very tight and the parking spaces are VERY close together... It is 'almost' impossible to get out of both sides of your car.

We took the elevator up to the main floor, changed elevators and went up to our room on the 18th floor (concierge level).
Our room was very clean and well laid out and extra towels were provided as per my request. The bed was extremely comfortable. The shower and tub had great pressure, a bonus in my eyes.

We had received a pre welcome email a few days prior to our arrival, asking if we needed any help or directions. A shame that I was NOT the person named in the email?

We walked into the club lounge and availed ourselves of the free water and sodas. After returning from our show the lounge was closed and unfortunately so was room service?

I think that (room service) hours could be changed or extended a little more.

Upon receiving our bill I noticed we had been charged for Valet parking which was incorrect as we had parked our car, they corrected the mistake when I approached the front desk staff.

All of the staff were very efficient and friendly and the hotel front desk/lobby area spotless.

We will definately stay here again.

Room Tip: High floors are quiet. Concierge level worthwhile if you can.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I left my house at 6 am wrecked my car by 8 on the way to the airport to find out at 9:45 that my flight was canceled. Sat at the airport from 10:30a until my flight left at 4p. I got to Charlotte, hopped in my rent car to get to my hotel and was greeted by the best 2 guys EVER!
Nelson and Charlie were the best ever! They noticed I was a tired mess. They helped in every way possible. They treated me so good! Charlie even had my elevator open and ready when I turned around from checking in.
I travel alot but few people stand out as GREAT...but these guys take the cake!
Thank you both for making a tired, grumpy old woman feel special!
I can't say enough about the wonderful service I received here!
Did I mention Charlie and Nelson really made my bad day so much brighter. Thank you both!

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Been to Charlotte Marriott City Center? Share your experiences!