“Wonderful Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #49 of 170 hotels in Charlotte
Savannah, Georgia
“Wonderful Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

What a fantastic hotel! Right in the heart of Charlotte, this is the perfect place to stay. I checked in late, the staff was really helpful. The bed was very comfortable, the view was amazing and the morning was quiet so I was able to sleep in. I started my day with room service, which was affordable and prompt. I wanted to explore the city and they called a towncar so it was waiting for me when I was ready to go. When I got back to the hotel I got in the pool and hot tub which had lights that changed the color of the water! I ended my night at their in house sports bar with a fun staff and great martini's. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to have a great time in Charlotte.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

379 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Stayed here at the Marriott uptown for 2 evenings.

The rooms themselves were a typical room, the kingsize bed we had was very comfortable with a duvet coverlet on it which was quite warm. The room was cool though during our stay. We ended up cranking the heat up to 74 in the room and it took a considerable number of hours to start to get warm. Eventually it did. The bath was updated, granite countertop with open style new current vanity. Had a curved shower curtain rod and iron bath tub. Lighting was good for the ladies to do their hair and makeup without any trouble. The TV was an HD LCD style and had Direct TV service so lots of channels to select from.

As any big central city hotel, you don't get anything for free anymore though - no free breakfast unless you are on one of the concierge floors (17 or 18), no free parking and no free internet. The last one got to me; charging $9.95 per day for internet service? Come on; at the cost of the rooms you can't afford to throw in internet? The hotel is a typical high-rise; no problem with that but the parking is under the hotel and very confined turning if you are one that is afraid of parking and driving close; better choose the valet parking! It will run you $12 a day per car too. The 2nd night we were there the hotel was sold out and they only permitted 1 car per room so if you have more than one they shuttle the car off to a remote location but still charge for parking.

We actually did stay on the concierge floor so did get to visit the lounge on the 18th floor for a drink and small snack in the evening and a nice breakfast in the morning. This was very nice; again no free alcoholic beverages but they do have a full service bar and the wine options were some very good wineries in my humble opinion.

We did not try the restaurants within the hotel, but there is a sports bar and a regular restaurant for your use if you wish. We did try the business center which is free to use and you can use one of their PCs there which are hooked up to a printer for your free internet use if you don’t like paying the daily charge. I used it for maps and restaurant suggestions. We did not use any of the other services offered; but each time we went by the front desk, they had some type of little snack out there on the counters – either chocolates, cakes, etc. for you to participate in if you wish while waiting or just passing by. Nice little touch.

Overall an enjoyable stay; and typical adders to your bill as with any downtown hotel, so don’t be surprised.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

My husband and I had a nice weekend getaway in Charlotte and stayed here . The rooms were updated, nice, and clean. All interaction with staff (phone calls prior to arrival and face contact at check-in) were positive.
The hotel itself was very nice. Some notes are self parking was $14 a night. The valet is $20 a night. The parking garage is under the hotel with an elevator to the lobby. I had no safety concerns.
There are a lot on ONE WAY streets in Charlotte and I think we passed by the hotel at least twice before we finally turned back on the correct street going the correct direction.
The hotel is in a great location. You can park your car and walk any where you want. We ate at the famous Chimas Brazillian Steak house for dinner, great food!
After dinner we relaxed in the indoor hot tub on the 5th floor. The hotel gym was very nice and popular.
I have no negatives about the room. Huge HD tv with swivel. Nice memory foam pillows and pillow top mattress. Awesome bathroom toiletries! I usual dont bother with toiletries because I bring my own, but they smelled so good I used them and took the rest of the bottle home. I would reccomend staying here with no hesitation. It is a couples, friend, and family getaway! Good Job Marriott!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Was in town for my daughter's dance competition at the convention center. This hotel was only a few blocks away from where I spent most of my days...only about a 10 minute walk to the convention center which was perfect. The food the hotel restaurant/bar was pretty good ( burgers and fries)I only had breakfast in the restaurant which was good. Had the buffet which had good options as well as an omelette station price was reasonable for what you'd expect to pay for a breakfast buffet ($12-$15) at a hotel. There are also a lot of options within a few blocks walk if you want to save a couple of bucks and there's a Starbux in the adjoining bldg.

You can choose to valet or self-park. I chose to self park as I normally do it saves a bit and there's no waiting when you want your car AND this property had one the easiest garages of any property I've ever had to navigate. I've been in some hotel garages where I thought I would never find my way back to civilization again. It may sound small but that's a big thing with me.

Overall I would stay here again. Nice hotel for the price and location

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here several times and the hotel is always welcoming and the service is always by good. The rooms are very typical for a Marriott. It is a very good location in the heart of the business district. I enjoy Cutters, the cigar bar on the first floor. There is much nightlife and restaurants within an easy walking distance. There are higher end hotels, but the Marriott is always comfortable.

• Stayed February 2013
connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Stayed at the Marriott Center City over St. Patrick's Day weekend. Location is good, as you can walk to many things nearby. Bars and restaurants are close. Room size was ample, but bathrooms a little small. Restaurant Champions inside has good bar food. There is a nicer restaurant that we didn't visit. I'd stay again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I was supposed to stay at another hotel but it wasn't check in time and they didn't know when they would have rooms available. I had 3 hours to get breakfast, get dressed and go to my work event which was only 7 mins from the hotel, so I couldn't wait for a room. I called the Marriott and asked if they had rooms available to check into right away and was told yes. I was given a rate of $379, I explained to the reservation agent at the hotel ( who was not so nice) that I looked online on the website and was given a rate of $97/gov rate. She rudely insisted that it wasn't available. I proceeded to ask if room was available and she said yes, so I made my reservation at $97. When I arrived at the hotel they checked me in. The available room
Was near the vending machine so I asked to move and they said it would be ready later. So I got ready and asked for directions the front desk lady was not very helpful and was kind of cold. I was kind of worried about how my stay would be. So I went to my work event and returned. The front desk guys David and Stephen were great!! They suggested where to eat and how to get there. The suggestion they made was amazing!! Then when I noticed that bravo was not a channel offered they told me that it is available in the lobby so I got to watch my shows!! I was happy!! Thy went above and beyond and provided great customer service! The beds are comfy and the location is perfect!

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Charlotte Marriott City Center? Share your experiences!