“We stay at this hotel on a regular basis, we just wish that...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Charlotte Hotel and Conference Center

You added Ramada Charlotte Hotel and Conference Center to your Saves list
Ramada Charlotte Hotel and Conference Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   212 West Woodlawn Road, Charlotte, NC 28217 (Formerly Holiday Inn Woodlawn Airport South)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #132 of 170 Hotels in Charlotte
Hickory
“We stay at this hotel on a regular basis, we just wish that...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stay at this hotel on a regular basis, we just wish that you would finish your renovations and get the room cleaned so they would be available to enter by 3 pm. We enjoy staying at the Ramada Inn, it is close to almost everything that we enjoy in Charlotte. We do wish that you would bring back good bands on Saturday night.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Statesville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Our stay was horrible. Me and my three year old saw the maid standing in the hall in only a toowel. Brad did not want to fix any problem for us. Very rude and nasty. I dont know how he made manager. I dont rrecommend this for familys

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Fort Kent, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I have stayed at Ramada Inns all over the country and it seems like the past two or three years, there are "Ramada Inns" that aren't even close to the normal standards we have all come to expect and love about Ramada's. I was given a two bed room on the third floor, and it was apparent from the walk to the room through the huge atrium that building maintenance was not the first priority. In the room, the door wouldn't lock, missed the dead bolt by a good 1/2"...the clock radio was broken, the room book had most ofthe pages torn out and the TV guide didn't even come close to matching the channels. There was mold behind the bed (see pictures), the walls were chipped, had pieces torn off of them, and had several black stains that looked like fingerprints where they had moved furniture into the room with dirty hands. (see pictures) And the faucet had been tightened at a 45 degree angle? I don't know where they found this carpenter, but I'm sure it wasn't on Angie's list. I would have asked for my money back, but I was using points, so the room was free, and I was only going to be in it for 5 hours. (I was very tired). The bed was actually comfortable, and that was a good thing, but the rest was....... The gentleman at the desk when I checked in was very professional, but had to send me next dor (The hotel joins the Clarion through a doorway), to use the business center so I could print out my boarding pass for the next day. I first went to the Ramada's business center, but it looked like someone had stolen all the equipment, (see pics). There was on onsite lounge (O'Haras) and the bar food was pretty good, and the bartender was very friendly and told me this hotel had been thorugh 3 owners within the last 5 years......Leaving was the best thing about this place, I mean the shuttle service is the best thing about this place! The driver was very professional, and very accomodating - even at 530 in the morning.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Please see my photos if you think this title is my being melodramatic--due to the lack of light, they are a little grainy and the overall room photographed better than it was. It's October and I'm thinking my visit was an early Haunted House trip. I arrived very late, the gentleman clerk was a jolly fellow, who seemed mindful and customer-service oriented, having read my request for lower floor, non-smoking room, having updated my reservation ahead of my arrival. The lobby was a little dated but clean. From that point, my experience deteriorated. The walk from the front to my room was a hike, through a large circa 80s ballroom with atrium. I entered a cavernous, dark, dank room--after noting that many doors passed were damaged with punch marks, others with no-smoking signs ripped off, leaving unsightly glue bulges behind. While I requested non-smoking--this room smelled like an ashtray and there were burn marks around the sink. The lampshades were askew on the lamps, not plugged in, and one attached to weird extension cord, suspended across a door frame. I had difficulty turning on the lights. On second thought, I should have kept the lights out. The eery illumination of cheap fluorescent bulbs revealed many scary problems. There were chunks of mud splattered on the walls and on the TV cabinet. The cabinet had gashes in the wood, showing splinters. There was a bloody-looking crescent mark on the wall, above a chair. There was straw like plant material scattered on the rug. There were footprints on the chairs and the upholstered arms were black with dirt. The sheet was so thin, I could see the mattress pattern through it, meaning no mattress cover, and felt metal springs through the top. The hot water to both bath and sink was tinted a muddy brown--just got worse after running it to flush out rust. There was a prominent dirt ring in the bathtub. The ironing board had grease marks on it. Scratches and scuffs in the paint. I would have left but I arrived late, had an early a.m. meeting, and knew that there were no alternatives in area, which is why I ended up here. A Clarion Hotel is sharing the same building, discovered while looking for the ice machine; the Clarion felt like a new world, a bright beacon--I didn't want to return to the the hole I had crawled out of... A second incongruous detail was a beautifully folded washcloth left on the toilet tank top--a gesture of hope from one lone housekeeping staff member's, perhaps in concern for the mind frame of the inhabitant? I had a sleepless night, leaving the lights and TV on, frightened by what lay behind the two (2!) interior doors to two (2!) adjoining rooms. There was one positive experience: my breakfast as a lone, now depressed diner in the huge atrium next to a fountain with half-dead plants. There are 2 ladies working breakfast service, from the gazebo. They were friendly, treated me like a celebrity and made me an exceptional meal. The breakfast sandwiches and other specials are a great value, less than $6, well-made; my breakfast BLT even had baby greens mixed into the lettuce. I hope they can survive as a business in this dire hotel. What is going on with the Ramada chain? While a little antiquated, they were always a safe choice but seem to be declining steadily in quality over the past 10 years. This was the worst Ramada experience ever... left me wondering what conventions convene there. The Monster Mash?

Room Tip: Ummm. I would advise them to find a good room in another hotel. If no choice, ask for a top floor ro...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Lynchburg, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

This hotel is undergoing much needed renovation though using highly toxic paint. I was put up here a few hours by airlines after botched flight from Denver. The hotel and toxic paint finished ruining an otherwise very nice vacation. The bathroom was the gross. It looked like a murder had occurred in it with a poorly painted counter top with questionable stains. A bathtub that had I had my toiletries, I would have questioned getting into. I think they were getting it ready to resurface but cannot believe they put someone in this room. Beds seemed clean but quest that after seeing the rest of room. Desk staff and shuttle driver were only redeeming part to this creepy hotel. They should renovate a room completely before using it. Are owner greedy enough to ruin reputation totally for all mighty dollar????? Rev. Curtis Wheeler

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Ramada Charlotte Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!