“Probably the nicest Holiday Inn I have ever stayed with” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #21 of 170 Hotels in Charlotte
Dublin, Ohio
“Probably the nicest Holiday Inn I have ever stayed with”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Visiting my daughter for a couple of days over the weekend. Our room had a fridge and a large updated King bed with nice pillows. We were on the 6th floor and it was quiet even though there were several youth athletic teams on the property. Breakfast was good and the staff was excellent .... I would definitely stay here again.

Dave B.
Dublin, OH

Room Tip: I'm not sure all the rooms on the lower floors were as nice (had a fridge) but you can ask
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Service and stay at this location was a breeze for me. Check-in and check-out are seamless, breakfasts and complementary services are even better. Everybody is super friendly here. The shuttlebus service is always awesome.

One of the shuttle drivers, Rasul, really blew me away with his service. Outgoing, friendly, attentive, and prompt. He was courteous and professional, and dressed sharp as a razor. Very open and welcoming personality. It felt like driving around town with an old friend!

Room Tip: Hotel has 6 rooming floors, ground level has no rooms. Seventh floor is closest to the lounge, but h...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

I will always stay here no matter what. I had an issue with my car and asked for assistance from Rasul....from the moment I asked for his help until the very end, he never left me. He made me feel like I was a part of a family that actually cared. His service will definitely keep me coming back to this hotel. I will recommend this hotel to everyone I know because of Rasul....

• Stayed April 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Was here for a horror/scifi convention, so I was expecting judgmental staff -- nope. Super good humor and respect as soon as I walked in. This immediately put me at ease. I was in and out throughout the day and night, from 8 am until 3am, and each shift had great staff at the front desk.

My corner room was tidy, with nice towel arrangements and all of that froufrou, which was groovy. It had a fridge, which was great. Microwave, even! Lots of space, too. The lighting was rather dim, and switches hard to find, but it was manageable.

One thing I appreciated was the foresight to buy earplugs at the Walgreen's just down the road, because the hotel room walls are paper thin. Shame there's no equivalent nose device, because despite the no-smoking policy, the room was lightly permeated with varying scents every night.

The one way roads here make traveling as a visitor difficult, but it is a very convenient location for eating and shopping. An all around solid, safe hotel with great service.

Room Tip: Corner room is great!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte-University Place, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear PotatoFiend,

Thank you for your feedback. It is lovely to hear your compliments of our staff and your room accommodations. However, we regret letting you down on some aspects of your stay. We appreciate the feedback you have provided which will help us as we continually enhance the product and service experience. We appreciate the feedback you have provided which will help us as we continually enhance the product and service experience.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope that you would consider us again on your next travel.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

I Celebrated mu 50th Birthday here. The event committee was Awesome. The food the bar the all crew treated me and my guest as if we were celebrity. Several of my guest stayed over night. The rooms were very clean. Room service was good and the breakfast was awesome. I will recommend this Holiday Inn to my family and friends.

• Stayed March 2014
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

I wanted to share with you the wonderful experience received during a Dinner at your Hotel. Keith, Ola, Ingrid and Steve made the experience unforgettable. They were courteous, friendly and attentive.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I planned a weekend trip in Charlotte for 80 people. We stayed at this hotel and used one of their conference rooms for the weekend. The staff was extremely helpful and accommodating. I worked with the group sales department and they managed to meet our tight budget. The rooms were nice and clean and everyone had a wonderful time. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Holiday Inn Charlotte-University Place? Share your experiences!