“Renovations...out of this world!” 4 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #15 of 171 Hotels in Charlotte
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Renovations...out of this world!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I normally stay anytime I'm in Charlotte for business. My most recent trip, I thought that I stepped in a completely different hotel. It is beautiful! And it's also a plus to see such a friendly staff who have learned who you are and care about your stay at the hotel. I can't wait to come back very soon.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
whitea, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte-University Place, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Sarah W,
It is exciting to hear that you can't wait to come back to the hotel! We value every guest here at the Holiday Inn Charlotte University and are glad to personalize each experience they have. We are looking forward to your future stays!
Anthony White

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
madison
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Great conference rooms, personnel, catering and everything you need to make your event extra special. This hotel has been totally remodeled and it is not your "typical" Holiday Inn. The service and the staff are exceptional. Would highly recommend for your next conference meeting. Their food was really well prepared, delivery was organized and presentation of the meal was excellent. Thank you for making our day a success!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
whitea, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte-University Place, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Linda B J,
We are glad to hear your day was a success! We Thank You for your wonderful review and appreciate you choosing the Holiday Inn Charlotte University for your event and hope to see you in the future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We had a block of rooms for 2-3 days for my daughters wedding. The staff was professional friendly and very helpful the breakfast buffet was very good all of ourwedding group loved everything about their stay

• Stayed September 2013
whitea, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte-University Place, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Bettinasmith,

We appreciate the wonderful comments and are glad everyone loved their stay! I will gladly pass it on to the staff how great of an experience everyone had and hope you return for any future stays here at the Holiday Inn Charlotte University!

Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed here on business, as I usually do 3-4 times a year. The renovations are almost fully complete and the hotel is really nice. Now, they have a new entrance and new elevators, along with many little perks. Customer service was above par, as usual, which always makes me feel at home. The renovated room was first class, and it was good to get away from home for just a night and enjoy all the amenities. The next morning, breakfast was wonderful, as usual and really started off my day right. I want to thank all the staff and management for making this my home away from home. I look forward to returning very soon. Please stay here if possible- you won't regret it. All the best my fellow readers...

• Stayed August 2013
whitea, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte-University Place, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Luke L,

We are glad to hear that we've made the Holiday Inn Charlotte University your home away from home. I will personally let my staff know about your gracious comments. I am excited to say that our renovations are fully completed so we hope you will return soon to see them!

Savannah, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here using rewards points but if paying would have stayed elsewhere. Don't get me wrong, we were comfortable and the staff was very friendly but there were two things that turned me off. First, the hotel was under renovation (and there wasn't a sign telling me that) so the lobby appeared in a state of disarray and dust. Second, they were charging $9.99 for a breakfast that is normally included in the price of a room at most other chains. We skipped the breakfast and ate at the Chikfila around the corner.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte-University Place, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear 32Romeo,

Thank you for your review and for staying with us. We are delighted to read you found the rooms clean and comfortable. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We regret letting you down on some aspects of your stay. Please be assured that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the products and service we provide to our guests.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

The hotel staff was very hospitable. Eunice ROCKS! She was always greeting us with a smile, and was very helpful with letting us know places to eat and go for site seeing during the day. Breakfast was good every day. We were here for a church conference. The hotel is undergoing renovations, but the stay was still very nice. The beds are extremely comfortable. I wish there were vending machines for snacks. We ended up going to Walgreens and getting snacks for the week. That was actually cheaper to do. It was great having a fridge and microwave in the rooms.
I definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
whitea, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte-University Place, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Lisa J,

It is a pleasure to hear that you had a great stay! I will personally make sure that Eunice receives this great compliment you left her and we hope you return soon to the Holiday Inn Charlotte University!

GM
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights August 2-4. The rooms were great. The housekeeping was applaudable. Even though they were doing major renovations, the place was not dusty or uninviting.
The only thing I had a problem with was the 100.00 room deposit policy. I have never stayed at any hotel (except Hawaii) where the room deposit was so high. It is very limiting in these tough times for people who might be travelling on a budget.
If you leave a cash deposit, you have to wait until they complete a room inspection to get your money back.
Despite that, I would stay again. It was in a great location, the beds were comfortable and the hotel was very clean.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Charlotte-University Place? Share your experiences!