“NICE HOTEL” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 170 Hotels in Charlotte
Baltimore, Maryland
“NICE HOTEL”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

The hotel staff was very hospitable. Eunice ROCKS! She was always greeting us with a smile, and was very helpful with letting us know places to eat and go for site seeing during the day. Breakfast was good every day. We were here for a church conference. The hotel is undergoing renovations, but the stay was still very nice. The beds are extremely comfortable. I wish there were vending machines for snacks. We ended up going to Walgreens and getting snacks for the week. That was actually cheaper to do. It was great having a fridge and microwave in the rooms.
I definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
whitea, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charlotte-University Place, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Lisa J,

It is a pleasure to hear that you had a great stay! I will personally make sure that Eunice receives this great compliment you left her and we hope you return soon to the Holiday Inn Charlotte University!

Anthony White
GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights August 2-4. The rooms were great. The housekeeping was applaudable. Even though they were doing major renovations, the place was not dusty or uninviting.
The only thing I had a problem with was the 100.00 room deposit policy. I have never stayed at any hotel (except Hawaii) where the room deposit was so high. It is very limiting in these tough times for people who might be travelling on a budget.
If you leave a cash deposit, you have to wait until they complete a room inspection to get your money back.
Despite that, I would stay again. It was in a great location, the beds were comfortable and the hotel was very clean.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Springfield Gardens, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I stayed here for a family reunion. They are under renovations and it was a horrible stay so far. I have the lady cleaning my room saying she can't change the towels yet or bring in clean sheets because the laundry people did not come in until 9am so they have no clean sheets or towels.. Really!!!! How is that my problem. So that means i can't have clean sheets or towels??? Really.. Wow where is the management on this. Totally a disappointment. That is definitely very poor service. Seems like the last time I came to North Carolina it was the same. Stayed in Holiday Inn. They were under renovation as well. I mean always renovating but never completed. I think this will be the last Holiday Inn for me in Charlotte.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear lady1realtor,

Thank you for your recent stay with us. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced. The issues that occured will be discussed with the appropriate department for necessary actions. We hope to get the opportunity to show you an improvement on your next trip to Charlotte.

Anthony White
GM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

I was at your hotel for a convention. Location-perfect. Rooms,even though the hotel is under renovation, I was impressed with the rooms. Very modern. The hotel staff is very friendly. Eunice was extremely helpful, and very professional. We plan on holding the conference in charlotte next year. I am looking forward to seeing the finished product.

• Stayed June 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

There was fairly major renovation going on during our visit, and the place was clean and welcoming in spite of it. The staff was very friendly and helpful with all details. The rooms were large and comfortable, having been recently renovated. Thank you Katya, in the Concierge Lounge for a fine breakfast both mornings.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

The room was very nice and newly remodeled. The entire lobby however is closed and under construction which was really no big deal to us. We enjoyed the outside pool, it was very clean and a nice size. My only complaint I have is that they put a $100 charge on your card to cover any issues that may happen. I've never had a hotel actually charge the card.. I've had them all hold the card number to charge IF a problem happens but this place actually charges the card at that time. It takes 5-7 business days for it to be refunded back to the card. We haven't seen it put back on yet, but it's only been 3 days. I find that policy to be a difficult one to accept. If it weren't for that... we would most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I stayed at The Holiday Inn Charlotte-University Place for 5 weeks, on business. Everyone was extremely friendly, helpful and polite. I am a priority member and I enjoyed the complimentary breakfast every morning with Katiya. The bartender, Tee was super friendly and the cook, Shayla was impressive. Every morning and afternoon the front desk staff would greet me, Mark, Bethany, Naomi, Eunice and Chelsea. I felt like it truly was a home away from home. If something wasn't totally right in my room, Cookie the maintanance engineer, came and took a look at it immediatly. I wil lbe traveling back to Charlotte in a few weeks for business and I will msot definitely be staying at The Holiday Inn Charlotte-University Place!!

Room Tip: If you're traveling for business I suggest the single queen or king bedroom. There is more room...