“Very nice hotel and great location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
SeaLife Package
Ranked #17 of 170 Hotels in Charlotte
FORT LAUDERDALE
“Very nice hotel and great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I stayed at this hotel because a conference was held there. I was very happy with my stay. The hotel is located on a lake and has many restaurants and shops within walking distance. The parking was pretty good as well. I used the fitness room and it was small but the equipment was good. The breakfast and the staff at the restaurant were very good!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Went to Charlotte last year this time, returned this year. Why stay anywhere else! Clean, friendly staff, and great location. Close to shops and resteraunts. Will keep returning year after year if I can!

• Stayed July 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a family reunion and rooms very cramped. Bathroom is so small and requests made for room were not complete upon arrival. Food was not included and was not worth the money we paid. On a positive note, the location is great and alot of.things to do. Beautiful boardwalk and scenery. Altogether, I will be staying somewhere else next time.

• Stayed July 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

When I arrived there for the conference (in the early afternoon), there was only one staff working at front desk during the conference week.. It was so slow and I waited for about 10 minutes.. Finally the 2nd staff was added. For Wi-Fi, there was so confusion to access. Yes it was free but it was a need to have a code but I was told it was not necessary. It didn't work without code. With code, it worked.. Confusing!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We booked this Hilton for four nights during a visit to NC. We visited other cities than Charlotte, but Charlotte was our home base. This hotel was chosen mostly because it was right off the highway and we are members of Hilton Honors.

First impressions were nice: free parking as well as valet parking, nice lobby, lake on the property...then we went to our room. The fourth floor must be reserved for conference attendees and large groups. Our floor was well worn and well trafficked. Even though I was thanked for my loyalty as a Hilton Honors member, I didn't feel rewarded with the scant lake "view" we received. I would have loved a higher floor and nearer to the lake so I could actually enjoy it. Sometimes you just get tired of asking for what should be a given! And there was something on the valance that looked like white paint, but I didn't notice it until day 3, so I just took a picture of it so management can be aware. We hoped it was paint! Unfortunately, we did not take any photos of the room or property, but others have those photos in their reviews and ours would have looked the same or similar.

The pool was small and only went from about 3-5 feet, but would be great for pre-teens and couples just to lounge in. Younger children who cannot swim will have to be babysat. There were pool cabanas to escape from the shade or listen to music or read a book as well. We did not eat in the hotel because we were on the go a lot visiting other places. I would recommend it, but for the money, I feel it is a bit overpriced. We enjoyed our stay last year this time at the Renaissance on Coliseum Drive much better. The pool is larger and is an indoor heated pool as well.

Room Tip: ask about typical conference room floors and steer clear, or visit your room before bringing your lu...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Raleigh, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I love staying at this hotel any time I'm in Charlotte. It's clean (has down comforters and nice towels). The staff is so very nice and the restaurant has good food. It's the only hotel in this area of Charlotte I will stay in. If it's booked, I have to go to Uptown.

Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We needed a place to stay before heading to Carowinds, we had a gift card for Hilton, and the reviews for this hotel were stellar; it was certainly worth a shot. Good call! This hotel is terrific. The room was large and comfortable, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the overall setting was lovely (lovely enough that there was a wedding taking place while we were there). We were in town just for a quick overnight, but we still managed to take advantage of the pool and the boardwalk area. No idea what the food is like (we had dinner and breakfast out), but the hotel is convenient to plenty of restaurants if you're so inclined. The only drawback is the location - it's a bit of a drive to Uptown and most attractions. Still, if you need to be in this part of Charlotte or you don't mind a little drive, this hotel is an excellent choice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Charlotte University Place? Share your experiences!