“Friendly and effective staff, very nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #20 of 171 Hotels in Charlotte
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Friendly and effective staff, very nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Very good Hilton, Executive lounge has a picturesque view of the lake behind the hotel. The staff was outstanding, accommodating and very responsive with our group (+160). Usual high quality bed and toiletries, main complaint was that the walls were thin and I heard my neighbors talking late into the night.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
Rocky Mount, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

was there for a hairshow all weekend! the hairshow was at this hotel to, so nice and convenient! and restaurants were walking distance! and the scenery was gorgous with the boardwalk and water way! the room was neat, clean, and when cleaned was really clean! staff and all were very helpful, no problems! high recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: we were on the seventh floor and it was great, plus the scenery out the Hugh window was awesome!
Oklahoma City, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Competent staff, clean facilities and the room service food options were varied and tasty. The Executive Lounge and the breakfast restaurant food was very enjoyable. Fitness center had a couple of issues with the clarity of the reception on the TVs but otherwise the workout machines were in good, working order.

Lufkin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. I slept well and it was extremely quiet. I really liked the large bath towels. They gave me a code for the internet which worked first try. The breakfast buffet was very good and service was excellent. Had late night dessert with friends and it was delicious! Room service was good as well. They called me a cab for my appointment. Everything was very convenient. If I'm ever in Charlotte again I will stay here.

Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Nice rooms, friendly & helpful staff, no real good coffee options in the morning, traffic is horrible durin rush hours (I know that is not there fault), comfortable rooms. Decent place to stay for business but not leisure. Strip malls & candy cutter amenities in the area. Too far from the more interesting parts of town like the Art district.

My biggest complaint though is the lounge and sitting areas. Not enough of them, particularly where you could enjoy the "lake." didn't see a non-smoking area for sitting and chilling outside.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Emporia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

My visit to the Hilton Charlotte was a great experience. I was greeted by front desk staff member, Eric Jones, and immediately my mother and I felt special. The staff at the Hilton Charlotte was very professional and friendly. Every member we encountered was very courteous. Mr. Eric Jones did not hesitate when I asked if we could switch from a room with a king bed, which I initially requested, to a double bed. Also, He was very informed about the local area and sent up an area map to assist me with my search for certain stores/products. The bells man was polite and helped us carry our bags while we switched rooms. The host in the dining area greeted us and gave us carry out trays for our breakfast food. This was great because I could eat while I attended my online meeting in my room. The chef was patient and allowed me to pick my ingredients for my omelet. I could go on and on and tell you about all the great people I encountered during my stay but I will just end this by saying the Hilton University Place Charlotte's Staff is Awesome! I will tell everyone I know that they should stay at the Hilton whenever they visit Charlotte. Once again, thank you for a wonderful experience!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Hendersonville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

The staff at the Charlotte University Hilton go above and beyond to offer excellent and friendly service. It's always a pleasure to stay at this property. During our stay, which is an annual one, we spend four days managing a conference for over 300 college students. During that time, we use many of the conference facilities, the restaurant, the pool, the bar, etc. We, pretty much, have the run of the entire place. The staff is so accommodating and work to show they are happy we've returned and that we are happy both as a unit and as individual customers. It is refreshing in today's hospitality environment. I strongly recommend you give them a visit.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlotte
Mineral Springs
Drury Inn & Suites Charlotte University Place
Sleep Inn University Place
#66 of 171 in Charlotte
4.0 of 5 stars 166 reviews

Been to Hilton Charlotte University Place? Share your experiences!