“Very Satisfied” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 170 Hotels in Charlotte
Oklahoma City, United States
“Very Satisfied”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Competent staff, clean facilities and the room service food options were varied and tasty. The Executive Lounge and the breakfast restaurant food was very enjoyable. Fitness center had a couple of issues with the clarity of the reception on the TVs but otherwise the workout machines were in good, working order.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Lufkin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. I slept well and it was extremely quiet. I really liked the large bath towels. They gave me a code for the internet which worked first try. The breakfast buffet was very good and service was excellent. Had late night dessert with friends and it was delicious! Room service was good as well. They called me a cab for my appointment. Everything was very convenient. If I'm ever in Charlotte again I will stay here.

Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Nice rooms, friendly & helpful staff, no real good coffee options in the morning, traffic is horrible durin rush hours (I know that is not there fault), comfortable rooms. Decent place to stay for business but not leisure. Strip malls & candy cutter amenities in the area. Too far from the more interesting parts of town like the Art district.

My biggest complaint though is the lounge and sitting areas. Not enough of them, particularly where you could enjoy the "lake." didn't see a non-smoking area for sitting and chilling outside.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Emporia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

My visit to the Hilton Charlotte was a great experience. I was greeted by front desk staff member, Eric Jones, and immediately my mother and I felt special. The staff at the Hilton Charlotte was very professional and friendly. Every member we encountered was very courteous. Mr. Eric Jones did not hesitate when I asked if we could switch from a room with a king bed, which I initially requested, to a double bed. Also, He was very informed about the local area and sent up an area map to assist me with my search for certain stores/products. The bells man was polite and helped us carry our bags while we switched rooms. The host in the dining area greeted us and gave us carry out trays for our breakfast food. This was great because I could eat while I attended my online meeting in my room. The chef was patient and allowed me to pick my ingredients for my omelet. I could go on and on and tell you about all the great people I encountered during my stay but I will just end this by saying the Hilton University Place Charlotte's Staff is Awesome! I will tell everyone I know that they should stay at the Hilton whenever they visit Charlotte. Once again, thank you for a wonderful experience!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Hendersonville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

The staff at the Charlotte University Hilton go above and beyond to offer excellent and friendly service. It's always a pleasure to stay at this property. During our stay, which is an annual one, we spend four days managing a conference for over 300 college students. During that time, we use many of the conference facilities, the restaurant, the pool, the bar, etc. We, pretty much, have the run of the entire place. The staff is so accommodating and work to show they are happy we've returned and that we are happy both as a unit and as individual customers. It is refreshing in today's hospitality environment. I strongly recommend you give them a visit.

Gainesville, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I was there for a conference in early April, 2013. The last time I was in NC I was in downtown Charlotte and I didn't know what to expect this time. I was absolutely taken back by how beautiful the location is. I love the lake in the back yard, and staying on the 12th floor made that an enjoyment every hour of the day.
The executive lounge was definitely a plus. The staff were very friendly and they did everything to accommodate my needs.

Room Tip: Rooms on 11-12 floor get to enjoy the executive lounge. great food! Facing the back of the hotel l...
Advance, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was pleased with our stay. The room was very clean. The staff was friendly, we had daily conferences and they were very attentive. I didn't get to go and visit the outer malls but they were very invited. The Hilton restaurant had the best spinach and goat cheese salad, yum!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Charlotte University Place? Share your experiences!