“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 170 Hotels in Charlotte
Emporia, United States
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

My visit to the Hilton Charlotte was a great experience. I was greeted by front desk staff member, Eric Jones, and immediately my mother and I felt special. The staff at the Hilton Charlotte was very professional and friendly. Every member we encountered was very courteous. Mr. Eric Jones did not hesitate when I asked if we could switch from a room with a king bed, which I initially requested, to a double bed. Also, He was very informed about the local area and sent up an area map to assist me with my search for certain stores/products. The bells man was polite and helped us carry our bags while we switched rooms. The host in the dining area greeted us and gave us carry out trays for our breakfast food. This was great because I could eat while I attended my online meeting in my room. The chef was patient and allowed me to pick my ingredients for my omelet. I could go on and on and tell you about all the great people I encountered during my stay but I will just end this by saying the Hilton University Place Charlotte's Staff is Awesome! I will tell everyone I know that they should stay at the Hilton whenever they visit Charlotte. Once again, thank you for a wonderful experience!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Hendersonville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

The staff at the Charlotte University Hilton go above and beyond to offer excellent and friendly service. It's always a pleasure to stay at this property. During our stay, which is an annual one, we spend four days managing a conference for over 300 college students. During that time, we use many of the conference facilities, the restaurant, the pool, the bar, etc. We, pretty much, have the run of the entire place. The staff is so accommodating and work to show they are happy we've returned and that we are happy both as a unit and as individual customers. It is refreshing in today's hospitality environment. I strongly recommend you give them a visit.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Gainesville, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I was there for a conference in early April, 2013. The last time I was in NC I was in downtown Charlotte and I didn't know what to expect this time. I was absolutely taken back by how beautiful the location is. I love the lake in the back yard, and staying on the 12th floor made that an enjoyment every hour of the day.
The executive lounge was definitely a plus. The staff were very friendly and they did everything to accommodate my needs.

Room Tip: Rooms on 11-12 floor get to enjoy the executive lounge. great food! Facing the back of the hotel l...
Advance, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was pleased with our stay. The room was very clean. The staff was friendly, we had daily conferences and they were very attentive. I didn't get to go and visit the outer malls but they were very invited. The Hilton restaurant had the best spinach and goat cheese salad, yum!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Laurel, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at many Hilton brand hotels and this one by far was one of the nicest. Service was great, rooms were very clean and location was good. The food at the bar was also pretty good for bar food.

• Stayed March 2013
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Great business hotel
Fantastic breakfast buffet
Nice, clean rooms.
4 floors (of 12) are reserved for HHonors Exec members. While rooms are not a huge upgrade, its nice that they do care enough about elites to offer a differentiated product.
Lounge access for all exec floors, food in evenings and breakfast, beer/wine has a small charge.

Would definitely stay here again

Room Tip: include your HHonors number!
Columbia, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

This hotel had a very strange smell in the lobby and in the elevators. The room felt like a steam room and an inferno!! I basically checked out and checked into the Drury across the street. I don't even care that I am out the money for the night that I am not staying there!!!!

Room Tip: Choose a room at a different hotel!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Charlotte University Place? Share your experiences!