“Makes You Feel Special ;)” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8629 JM Keynes Dr, Charlotte, NC 28262   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #26 of 168 hotels in Charlotte
New England
“Makes You Feel Special ;)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

From the moment we stepped out of our taxi from the airport onto Hilton property, we were smitten! A gentleman bell-hop greeted us; we experienced considerate & efficient check-in & even though we did not have an executive room or lakeside view ~ we enjoyed a clean, good-sized comfortable one on the 8th floor. The hotel dining is elegant & delicious & the wait staff couldn't be more accommodating. Our every need was met, including needing a dress bag (long story)! We only stayed one night (for an Irish dance competition) but left feeling like we had a mini-vacation too.

520 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My stay was very comfortable. I was especially grateful for the large desk, comfortable chair and availability of accessible outlets at the desk. Good food in the restaurant. This hotel is very comfortable for business travel. But what a nightmare pulling in and out. From the freeway exit to the turn is maybe a mile and took me at least 15 minutes. I had to cross 5 lanes (single direction) of traffic to make the left turn. The next morning it took me 25 minutes to drive 1.8 miles to my destination. This is not a pedestrian-friendly area so walking wasn't an option. This Hilton is great but there's a Marriott on the drive going into my company's campus that I'll stay at next time.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Charleston SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We have stayed twice at this hotel, both times for Irish dance competitions. Each staff member we encountered was courteous and friendly, able to help with our needs, even offering a better rate for an extra night's stay. The room (11th floor, executive) was quite large with two queen beds, requisite desk area, and seating. There is a small coffee feature, but no fridge/micro combo, so don't expect to keep food in the room. The bathroom was smallish, especially considering the large size of the room itself, but sufficiently furnished. I would have liked to see rooms on a non-executive floor for comparison, and will make a note of that the next time we visit. As far as the location of the hotel, it is right off I-85 on the north side of Charlotte, near Ikea, the UNC Charlotte campus, and plenty of shopping/convenience areas. Because it is a convention center, there is a great deal of coming and going; sometimes parking is at a premium, but we did not experience that at our event. Valet parking is available, but you can self-park in the surface parking for free. A full breakfast is available; I am unsure of the cost because we received free vouchers, but there is an omelet station and self-serve buffet. All in all, this is a very accommodating hotel with excellent staff and the sort of service you would expect from an urban Hilton hotel.

Cincinnati
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at this hotel while spending the weekend in Charlotte on a family trip (3 nights). They gave us a very nice corner room on the top floor when they found out we were visiting and really trying to enjoy ourselves (being a Hilton diamond member probably helped a little as well...). Breakfasts were good and the room was clean. Nice walking area including a small lake with some good restaurants in the area.

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great rooms. Great breakfast. Friendly people. Parking is TERRIBLE! We were there for a convention and everything was great. Staff was very nice. There was several things going on and the parking LOT, not garage, was packed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

My family attending a gaming convention at the Hilton University Place for a weekend. The rooms were very nice and appeared to be recently renovated. The beds were comfortable. Every staff member I came into contact with was friendly. I used the fitness room which had a lot of machines and weights. We had the breakfast buffet both mornings. Many options and the food was good. Lots of restaurants in the vicinity. The rooms and common areas were kept very clean. Good hair dryers are provided in the rooms (not the kind that are attached to the wall). We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Prince George's County, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

I arrived at 2 pm to learn no rooms were available. I requested to upgrade and got an Executive Level Room w/a beautiful lakefront view and 2 passes for the deluxe buffet breakfast. What a steal for just $20 more. All parking was exhausted so valet allowed us to self park in valet for no charge. Overall check in was a breeze and the staff were more than friendly and accommodating.

The room and view were outstanding. After drooling over the view, my mother and I walked around the lake and shops. We didn't get back to our room until 8 when we ate dinner. There is so much around the hotel you will not need your car for much.

We arrived back to our room to a massive amount of noise in the hallway between the kids of coaches and the girls sports team who just got back from a game, it was unbareable.

I called management twice. On the second call, I asked to be moved. I knew it wasn't going to get better just because security came on the floor. These kids were going to be up for a while. At first I was told the hotel was sold out and no rooms were available but a few moments later I was told we have a room on the 12th floor. Daniel, the Manager promptly came w/a bellman to escort my exhausted mother and I to our new room. All was well for the night and I was credited my upgrade fee.

The breakfast was plentiful with fresh fruit, juice, made to order omlettes and waffles, and other hot and cold items. You won't leave hungry. It gets crowded on the weekend so plan accordingly and be patient. I opt to eat in the lounge area at the bar.

All-in-all the hotel is fantastic and the staff is exceptional. I utilized the gym one morning and had a pleasant experience. I would definitely return.

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Hilton Charlotte University Place? Share your experiences!