“Treated us well...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 168 hotels in Charlotte
Cincinnati
“Treated us well...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at this hotel while spending the weekend in Charlotte on a family trip (3 nights). They gave us a very nice corner room on the top floor when they found out we were visiting and really trying to enjoy ourselves (being a Hilton diamond member probably helped a little as well...). Breakfasts were good and the room was clean. Nice walking area including a small lake with some good restaurants in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

525 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great rooms. Great breakfast. Friendly people. Parking is TERRIBLE! We were there for a convention and everything was great. Staff was very nice. There was several things going on and the parking LOT, not garage, was packed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

My family attending a gaming convention at the Hilton University Place for a weekend. The rooms were very nice and appeared to be recently renovated. The beds were comfortable. Every staff member I came into contact with was friendly. I used the fitness room which had a lot of machines and weights. We had the breakfast buffet both mornings. Many options and the food was good. Lots of restaurants in the vicinity. The rooms and common areas were kept very clean. Good hair dryers are provided in the rooms (not the kind that are attached to the wall). We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Prince George's County, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

I arrived at 2 pm to learn no rooms were available. I requested to upgrade and got an Executive Level Room w/a beautiful lakefront view and 2 passes for the deluxe buffet breakfast. What a steal for just $20 more. All parking was exhausted so valet allowed us to self park in valet for no charge. Overall check in was a breeze and the staff were more than friendly and accommodating.

The room and view were outstanding. After drooling over the view, my mother and I walked around the lake and shops. We didn't get back to our room until 8 when we ate dinner. There is so much around the hotel you will not need your car for much.

We arrived back to our room to a massive amount of noise in the hallway between the kids of coaches and the girls sports team who just got back from a game, it was unbareable.

I called management twice. On the second call, I asked to be moved. I knew it wasn't going to get better just because security came on the floor. These kids were going to be up for a while. At first I was told the hotel was sold out and no rooms were available but a few moments later I was told we have a room on the 12th floor. Daniel, the Manager promptly came w/a bellman to escort my exhausted mother and I to our new room. All was well for the night and I was credited my upgrade fee.

The breakfast was plentiful with fresh fruit, juice, made to order omlettes and waffles, and other hot and cold items. You won't leave hungry. It gets crowded on the weekend so plan accordingly and be patient. I opt to eat in the lounge area at the bar.

All-in-all the hotel is fantastic and the staff is exceptional. I utilized the gym one morning and had a pleasant experience. I would definitely return.

• Stayed November 2012
hp
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

My company uses this hotel for our Intern and New Employee Program. We love the service and special attention to detial we receive and the staff are friendly and helpful!
Erin Brown who is over the services and planning, is wonderful to work with. You never have to worry about anything as she makes sure your planning is followed out detail by detail.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Frederick
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We have stayed at this location many times. Each and every time the staff have been more than accomodating. On weekends, it does tend to get busy, as it is a popular venue for wedding receptions and family reunions. It is also close to the UNCC campus (hence the name) and is also popular during the start and end of school. Even when we had a negative experience (foul-mouthed and disrespectful softball team members from LaSalle University), the staff was very helpful in helping us relocate to another floor.

Rooms are comfortable and clean. The executive floor rooms are slightly larger (important if you add a roll away bed) and give you access to the lounge on weekdays. The hotel is close enough to major highways for easy access, but far enough away to avoid highway road noise. While no one will confuse it with Las Vegas, the breakfast buffet is much better than the norm, with a wide variety of choices (including some made to order) and attentive wait staff.

Parking has never been a problem, and there are restaurants nearby along a man-made little lake.

Will be staying there again this weekend.

Room Tip: When the UNCC football program starts up, I would imagine that this would be the number one choice f...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Recently, I had the pleasure of providing on-site implementation support for a company who was in Charlotte for a meeting at this Hilton. While the hotel and its location are excellent, they are exceeded only by the service of Erin Brown and staff. Accommodating and responsive are two words that come immediately to mind when describing these individuals. Our meeting had constantly moving parts and requests, but all were met with a profound willingness to help. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are looking for a location for your next meeting or event.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Charlotte University Place? Share your experiences!