“Best pet-friendly accomodation ever!” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3127 Sloan Dr, Charlotte, NC 28208   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #69 of 171 Hotels in Charlotte
Alligator Point, Florida
“Best pet-friendly accomodation ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

This La Quinta had the nicest, cleanest, pets-allowed room I have ever had the pleasure of staying in. It was also amazingly inexpensive at ~$56/night. My elderly lab-mix dog stayed with me and my spouse in room 116 which was on the ground and conveniently near the side entrance/exit. The king-bed was clean with nice linens and very comfortable. The non-smoking room smelled fresh and we slept very well. The room was beautifully decorated with attention to aesthetic details from the beautiful modern paintings on the wall to the matching designer window shades. The complementary breakfast was better than most and we enjoyed the freshly made warm waffles. There was no pet fee or pet size limitations which we sincerely appreciate. We travel with a large foam dog-bed mat that we put on the floor for our pet and this room was spacious enough that it was easy to place with plenty of area to walk around it. I would like to thank the management for making our stay such a perfect experience. This is the first trip-advisor review I have ever written but wanted to reciprocate since I used trip-advisor reviews to make my own decision to stay at this very nice La Quinta.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Brooksville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for the 2010 Meineke Car Care Bowl (USF vs Clemson)... I'm a hardcore Bulls fan and so is my group.

Over all the hotel was great, very clean, and appears to be newly renovated. The breakfast buffet was nothing great, but was more then I had expected. The buffet includes a waffle maker, boiled eggs, fruit, juice, coffee, tea, yogurt, and many other items. Generally a La Quinta Inn only gives you cereal and toast if they give you anything at all.

I can not say enough good things about the hotel, it was very clean and well worth the value. We got a nightly price of $54 dollars... for a bowl game weekend this is un-heard of. The hotel is about 10 minutes from Uptown Charlotte and the stadium.

The only bad thing about this hotel was the service upon check in... we were supposed to get 2 nights for $54 dollars per our reservation which was made about a month in advance. However when we arrived they only gave us one night at $54 and the other night cost us $64. Despite having a reservation we were told by the wanna be gangster behind the counter that the second night is $64 bucks like or leave it.

Since all of the other hotels were booked solid we had to grin and bear it. I know its only $10 dollars more, but I'm cheap and during the 2nd great depression $10 is a lot of money.

I did run into a more pleasant desk clerk the next morning who was much more professional and nice about the situation. We still did not get the matter corrected but at least the morning desk clerk handled the situation professionally.

Besides service this hotel is very close to one of the Charlotte airports runways and as a result we could hear planes flying over head until 10-11PM at night. It was not deafing or anything, did not make the room shake, and sounded like a cleaning cart being pushed down the hallway.

Another issue is that this hotel is pet friendly and we did hear some yapping dogs throughout the night. Nothing too bad.

In all I would stay here again if the Bulls headed back to another Bowl game.

Roanoke, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2010

Overall, this was a good hotel and was all we needed: a clean room, a comfy bed to sleep in, a free breakfast (standard carbs...nothing fancy), pet-friendly, and cheap. We used the PetSmart rate (ID: PETPERKS) and got the room for just $48 a night and loved that we could bring our 90lb black lab (most pet-friendly hotels limit you to just the tiny 15lb dogs and La Quinta had no extra pet fees!)....at that rate, it's hard to really expect much, although I've paid twice as much for the same type of room elsewhere.

The area immediately surrounding the hotel is clearly targetted towards low budget travelers (and truckers), as there are at least 3 or 4 discount/low-end hotel chains within view plus a Waffle House...some of the cars in the parking lot seemed a little rough and made me feel uneasy about who the clientele might be, but we never encountered anyone in or around the hotel to justify those feelings, The hotel's an easy 10-15 minutes from the Time Warner Arena, which was great since we were in town for a Bobcats game.

Oh, and the woman at the front desk (blonde lady, nice smile--can't remember her name) was super friendly and helpful....I've stayed at 4 and 4.5 star hotels who haven't had such a great employee greeting customers. Hopefully she is recognized for her excellent customer service and she's definitely an asset to La Quinta.

As several others have mentioned, the walls are thin....that said, I'd recommend a high floor if you can get one. We were on the first floor so we heard all the traffic from people coming in and out of the hotel, checking out, car doors slamming, people yapping in the hallway, etc. We were able to sleep alright, but you can definitely hear everything.

All in all, you get what you pay for, but for a quick overnight trip is was good enough for what we needed and we'd probably stay again if in the area.

NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2010

I stayed at this La Quinta for one night to go to a basketball game at the Time Warner Cable Arena. I got an incredible rate and the location was only 5 or 6 miles from the train station where I was parking for the game. The lady who checked us in was super friendly, and we were greeted very kindly by several housekeeping workers. The room was very nice, and I couldn't have asked for anything more, especially at the price I paid. Others have mentioned the thin walls, which I did notice. You could definitely hear the TV from the other room, and I heard a family in the hall early in the morning. It didn't affect me, but it may be of important to others (though I've experienced this at most hotels). I was VERY happy and would absolutely stay here again if I am in the Charlotte area!

marion, nc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

As others have said this is an old building, but at first you might not notice as it has been completely gutted and remodeled with new furnishings. After staying the night and washing my hands several times without noticing, when I showered the following morning the water came out brown for the first few minutes which would not have been a huge problem except, as others have also commented, the water was very very slow to drain. Also we were on the top floor on the corner which was as far away from the elevators yet all night you could hear the "DING" as if it were inside the room. My friend and I awoke every hour or so during the night because the walls are so thin. And we too missed the 9 am cut off for breakfast due to having to sleep in after the sleep-less night. Thankfully the checkout was not until noon.
The hotel website stated a price estimate for 2 double beds or 1 King however we were given a room with 1 full sized bed. I didnt mind as we are both small people but it is wort clarifying when making the reservations.
The bright side is that the beds, pillows and linens were top quality and very comfortable and the newly remodeled furnishings are very chic and up to date. Also every time I encountered a member of the staff, they were very friendly.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Lithia, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2010

The room was clean. The bed was comfortable. The price was good. My only complaint was the very slow wireless internet service. I ended out connected to the wireless internet at the Microtel next door.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
GM2040, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Charlotte Airport North, responded to this review, December 15, 2010
We recently upgraded to a 3 gig system and have new portable routers for our guests that need a hard wired connection.
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2010

A group of us stayed here while visiting the U.S. National White Water Center. The hotel was very nice, clean and quiet. Nothing extrodinary, but excellent inexpensive stay.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Charlotte Airport North? Share your experiences!