“Inexpensive place to sleep” 3 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Charlotte Airport North
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3127 Sloan Dr, Charlotte, NC 28208   |
Ranked #60 of 170 hotels in Charlotte
Vermont
“Inexpensive place to sleep”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2010

Stayed here to catch a morning flight out of Charlotte. Had returned our rental car & took the hotel's shuttle back. The shuttle to & from the airport was handy. Breakfast was ok.
Hotel itself was ... old. We stayed on the 4th floor which clearly houses their smoking area (yuck!). Our room was not smokey, but the smell we endured from the elevator to the room just seemed to stay with us. Room was ok -- we had just spent the week in a Holiday Inn so it felt like a bit of a dive. But for what we paid, it served our purpose.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

301 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2010

We stayed passed through Charlotte on business trip, and this location was right off of the intestate. It was clean, and staff were friendly. Breakfast was good, and well stocked during the busy AM rush. Rate was low, but I agree with other reviews that is is a great value. Will stay again if in the area. Thanks!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Yakima
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2010

Stayed two nights at the La Quinta Airport North Hotel. The positives: The rate was great and the actual room was clean and fine. The bed was comfy. As with other reviews I've seen the place needs some TLC on the carpets and hallways, they are well worn and stained from spills. The breakfast fit my needs. The route drivers to and from the airport were nice and personable. For dinner one evening I didn't have a car, returned it to the airport and got the shuttle back. Walked over to the Cracker Barrel which was better than I anticipated. Used the exercise room both days I was there, I was only one to use it and it fit my needs again. If you can look past the hallways and such this place is fine, if not, look elsewhere. The rate was good enough and location convenient enough that I'd stay again. Had free internet but it was quite slow compared to other hotels I stayed at during this trip. I was expecting potentially a lower rate of business travelers here but surprisingly the majority of the guests I encountered were business oriented and professional.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2010

I stayed at this hotel with my friends for 2 nights. The hotel is exactly off the interstate, a very easy location to find. The hotel looks to be recently renovated inside and out. The front desk staff personnel was very friendly, checking in was real easy. I liked the fact the the side doors could be opened with the room key and that made me feel safer that only guests could enter. The hotel room was exceptionally clean and nicely furnished. The entrance and the bathroom floors were made of hard wood. The bathroom was pristine. The room rented had 2 double beds. The beds were OMG soft, it felt like a memory foam mattress but it was still firm. The picture from the website was the same way the room looked. There was a desk and a computer chair. Also, there was a tv in the room. Within in hotel there was a exercise room, vending machines on every floor, and breakfast from 6 am to 9 am. The breakfast lounge served: waffles, 3 types of cereal, fresh fruit, boiled eggs, yogurt, muffins, bagels, coffee, and a microwave. This place was really nice, if i am every in Charlotte again. For those who want to visit to relax, this place was in great location for shopping. There was shopping centers within 10 minutes of the hotel and good places to eat! I would recommend going to the Steak and Lube!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Belfast, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2010

We only stayed here for one night as part of a 6-State, 3-week long Road Trip. For the price it lived up to expectations and served it's purpose. The rooms were clean and functional if somewhat basic. You get what you pay for and I have no complaints. I would stay here again if stopping off in Charlotte but if staying for much longer I would stay downtown.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Willcox, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2009

I chose this hotel based on reviews on TA, and I'm glad I did. It was probably the most comfortable night's sleep during my entire trip. The hotel is very close to the Charlotte Airport, which was a plus for an early flight, and the staff is very nice and helpful. They have a computer and printer to use for printing boarding passes, and a shuttle to the airport if you need it. The room did have a slightly musty smell when we first entered, but we soon were used to it and didn't notice it anymore. The beds were very comfortable, with substantial pillows too. The breakfast was just fine, with the usual continental items plus make-your-own waffles. I would definitely recommend it and would stay there again if we go back to Charlotte.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2009

I selected this hotel as it was much less expensive than others near the Charlotte Airport and they had an airport shuttle. It wasn't special, but it was very quiet, which was nice. The staff was very friendly and helpful. It was walking distance to a couple of restaurants. The airport shuttle driver offered to drive me to a restaurant because it was raining, which I accepted.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Charlotte Airport North? Share your experiences!