“Just what I was hoping for!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Garden Charlotte Executive Park

You added Wyndham Garden Charlotte Executive Park to your Saves list
Wyndham Garden Charlotte Executive Park
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   440 Griffith Rd, Charlotte, NC 28217 (Formerly Quality Inn - Charlotte)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #133 of 171 Hotels in Charlotte
pittsburgh
“Just what I was hoping for!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

Stayed here just last night - needed a place to stay on my drive home from Tampa to Pgh, and got just what I had hoped for .. great price, nice room, very quiet, good nights sleep. I'll be back to stay here on my next return trip from Florida!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night the begining of March when I was going through Charlotte. I just needed a safe, clean hotel close to the intersate with interior corridors.

All of my specifications were met during my stay. I had a non smoking room with one queen bed. The room and the bathroom were clean.

The hotel is also close to the airport with a free courtesy shuttle. They offered the shuttle when I checked in but advised I did not need that service. Plus they offered to take you if they weren't busy to some of the local restaurants nearby.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Atlanta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

I travel allot for my job and I'm in and stay in hotels all around the world. I recently stayed here on business, booked through Priceline which I normally trust in respect to star rating, not this time. This hotel is one of the nastiest places I've visited in my memory. The desk attendant was no where to be found on my 5pm arrival. Once I was able to find him he seemed confused by my prepaid reservation and attempted to charge me again. The hallways and common areas where depressing and worn and stale smelling. My room smelled terrible, had holes in the walls, nasty carpet and the bed spreads had burn holes. I sat on my bed and it collapsed under me. The bed platform was broken and a board popped out like a projectile when I sat on the bed. There was a note on the table saying that the water would be off that evening for plumbing repairs. The next morning after a bad nights sleep due to the awful smell of the place I was thrilled at the prospect of leaving when I discovered I had no hot water in my shower. There actually was scalding hot water if you adjusted the control but only a trickle. The shower curtain bar was barely hanging from a small nail on either end and linked as if the whole thing would come down if it was touched. I managed to get somewhat cleaned up with what I had to work with, kinda like camping, and proceeded to check out where I was unable to find a desk clerk to complain to. I looked at the breakfast buffet where a lady was pouring a bag of preboiled peeled eggs from a plactic bag which had a strange white gooey liquid in it, into the serving tray. I managed to hold back my nausea and escaped. Priceline rated this hotel 2 1/2 stars which is normally a Holiday Inn Express or Hampton Inn category. I really dont know what this category should be in but I sure don't want to stay in anything like that again. I think this is what it must be like to live in a homeless shelter. Those poof people should have it better. I will prey for them.

Room Tip: Run for your life.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

I stayed here for 6 nights over two consecutive weeks for business and had a good experience. Hotel was clean and quiet. No problems with noisy guests. Certain parts are a bit dated, but I never felt like it was dirty or unsafe. Breakfast was better than average relative to other hotels in similar price ranges.

Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

Was bumped from the Residence Inn last night in Charlotte (that's a separate review) and was given this room as a freebie.

It was absolutely disgusting.

Cigarette burn in the comforter, strong smell of smoke/cleaning products, banged up walls and corridors, big chunks of drywall off around the elevator. I was literally depressed walking to my room.

But the best was yet to come, when I awoke the next morning to take a shower - mold all along the top of the shower enclosure.

I got dressed, packed my suitcase, and got the hell out.

In these days of tripadvisor reviews, I'm stunned that these places still don't take care of the basic things necessary for a decent stay. Mind boggling.

Blech.

Room Tip: Yes, stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

Even though the kids who screamed all night long down the hall stayed for free, my quiet well-behaved dog was charged $35 to stay! $35!! The room was $70, so Quality Inn has decided to make a ton of dough by charging fully another half just so a dog can sleep. Even those pesky $10 pet fees are an annoyance, but $35? Let's say it plainly: people cause far more dirt, garbage and damage to a room than a dog. And no housekeeper goes the extra distance simply because a dog has been in a room -- once you're gone, how do they even know there was a dog? Yes, some owners are irresponsible, but so are many parents who let their kids run the halls, take over pools and scream all night.

Raleigh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

The hotel is in terrible condition--basically falling apart. The desk person was incredibly rude when I checked in and the one at checkout two days later was at best unhelpful. The room temperature was impossible to regulate. I'd only recommend this hotel to the most desperate of travelers and even then I'd think twice!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to Wyndham Garden Charlotte Executive Park? Share your experiences!