“Nice hotel, good downtown location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Uptown

You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Uptown to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Uptown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   201 S McDowell St, Charlotte, NC 28204 (Formerly Charlotte Plaza Uptown Hotel) (Second Ward)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Ranked #33 of 171 Hotels in Charlotte
Austin, TX
“Nice hotel, good downtown location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Hotel is nicely decorated and has a great free breakfast and outdoor pool. One thing we noticed upon check in was the throw pillow and top sheet was stained. Service was friendly but housekeeping may need to inspect work prior to arrivals. I am a Marriott gold member and we used our points for the stay.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
TheHotelGM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Uptown, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. Your comments are very important to us. Please accept my apologies with regards to the housekeeping issues that you have mentioned. I have taken notes and have shared it with my management team to look into and make the appropriate changes. We look forward to welcoming you back next time that you are in the Charlotte area to enjoy our newly updated and refreshed facilities.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Arabic first
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I booked the hotel because of how close it is was the convention center (I like to walk.). This hotel is beautiful and hip and updated on the inside. The pool area looked like a spa. The staff was super nice and the shuttle was great to have. I loved the fine selection of microbrew beers in the restaurant the great prices. The breakfast was delicious. The rooms were super clean and well appointed.

Room Tip: There is freeway noise.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for a wonderful review regarding your stay at my hotel which made my day. I am glad that you had an outstanding experience with us and enjoyed our facilities. Our closeness to downtown and our in-house amenities, including a full-service restaurant and bar, make it most convenient when in the Charlotte area. Thank your for recognizing my team and I will share your comments with them and thank them for their consistent service they provide daily. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Norwalk, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great place to stay if you are in town for any event at the Mecklenberg Aquatic Center which is only one block away. Very clean, better than average buffet breakfast is included. We had friends staying at the Sheraton nearby and we thought we had the much better deal.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
TheHotelGM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Uptown, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for your wonderful review and recommending us to the future travelers. I am pleased that you were able to enjoy all Charlotte has to offer and with our hotel closeness to all the venues, including; NASCAR Hall of Fame, Charlotte Convention Center, Blumenthal Performing Arts Center, Bank of America Stadium makes us a perfect place to be in when in this area. I am happy to read that our breakfast was to your liking. Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Fairfield Inn Charlotte. We look forward to your return.

ROCHESTER
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our stay was wonderful. The hotel has been recently been remodeled & I think it was done nearly perfectly. It was light and cheerful. The lighting in the room and bathroom was bright but easy on the eyes. The food was good and made better by the pleasant atmosphere and efficient staff. The desk staff was as friendly and helpful as I've ever seen. I wish I could get my hands on their training program. I explored the hotel and thought it was very well designed and maintained. The exercise room was well equipped. A second washer and dryer would have been nice in the guest laundry, but at least there was one. The staff was rightfully proud of their hotel and were happy to show it off. This hotel is my idea of perfection.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
TheHotelGM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Uptown, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for a wonderful review and a five star rating regarding your stay at my hotel. It is always pleasing for a General Manager to read that a guest was very satisfied with their accommodations, clean rooms and facilities. It was a pleasure to read that we were able to make your stay a most pleasant one with our clean facilities and helpful staff. I will pass on your wonderful comments to them and let them know their efforts are not going unnoticed.

Okatie, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have traveled a lot and my husband has traveled more that me and he and I both agreed that this is absolutely the cleanest place we have ever stayed. I don't know who the manager is, but he runs a tight ship and everyone there seems to enjoy their work. Even the public areas were spotless. The bar/restaurant was a pretty good place to eat in the evening and the hot breakfast was fresh. Will be sure and stay there again when we are in Charlotte.

Room Tip: Just ask for a quite area or floor when you check-in. We did because a lot of volleyball players we...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
TheHotelGM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Uptown, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you so much for such a terrific review regarding your recent stay in the Charlotte area which made my day. There is no greater compliment for a General Manager to hear that we are the "cleanest hotel" that you and your husband have ever stayed in. We are happy that we were able to impress you with our property and staffs' friendly services. I am glad that our hot breakfast was to your liking. Our chef takes pride in the quality of the food he prepares daily. Thank your for recognizing my team and I will share your comments with them and thank them for their consistent service they provide daily. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Salem, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have had a family nightmare at nearby Carolinas Medical Center. The staff at this Fairfield Inn made our stress so much more manageable. They "rolled" rooms over for us so that various family members could check in and out but always know they had a room. They remembered us each morning and asked about our patient. They were patient with us and kind. The room was immaculate. They gave us the quietest room they could find on an upper level in a corner. I ate in the bar on two occasions, quite late but was always treated with kindness and courtesy. The food was good and my privacy was respected. We will be staying here again when we return. Our family saga is not over. Thank goodness we know we can find a home here.

Room Tip: Get a higher floor and ask for one not reserved for kids' swim team activities, etc. Lots of te...
Green Features: They certainly seem to do the best they can. I have no complaints.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Uptown during the medical procedure of your loved one. It is always pleasing for a General Manager to read that a guest was very satisfied with their accommodations, clean rooms and I am happy to read that my staff took good care of you and your family.I will share your wonderful feedback with my team which shall encourage them and lets them know their efforts do not go unnoticed. We look forward to welcome you back soon.

"
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

used my Marriott points to stay here for 2 nights during NCAA Tourney. Hotel is maybe a half mile walk to any restaurants, arena and bars. Shuttle will take you anywhere within a few mile radius so that is convenient.

Check in was very easy and they had my key ready when I arrived. I had a package delivered before my arrival and it was sitting right on the desk waiting for me. Hotel has that new car smell and look to it as they spent a lot of money to upgrade it recently. The pool area is really cool with lots of chairs, fire pit and lit up fountains. This is only 1 of 3 Fairfield Inns that has a restaurant/bar. Service during the day was awesome. very friendly and on top of everything. At night it was a different story. service was lacking and just not overly friendly. I think hotel staff know that people are traveling and a little bit of chit chat goes a long way. Also, this hotel did a complete makeover but the bar/restaurant area at night was WAYYYYY to bright ( everyone said it ) and didnt match the mood of the outdoor area of the lobby makeover. reminded me of a cafeteria. Great beer list, wine list lacking, food menu was REALLY over the top and I wish I was staying longer to try more things.

Room ( #925 ) was upgraded and decorated nicely. was small but fit a king bed and was comfy for two people. Bathroom had some hairs from previous person still on the floor and the shower doors let a lot of water during my showers even though closed as tight as possible.

Changes would be the lighting in the bar at night and if you are going to bring airline employees to the airport that service should be offered to everyone.

overall this place is nice and I would stay here again!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
We value our loyal guests and we thank you for making Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Uptown your preferred hotel choice. It was such a pleasure to read you enjoyed our warm, personal services and comfortable accommodations. I am so glad that you liked our updated facilities and your experience at the restaurant was fantastic and that the food was to your liking. However, I am sorry if you felt that our service was lacking at some point of time and also apologize for the housekeeping issues you had in your room. I certainly look forward to welcome you back soon.

Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Uptown

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlotte Uptown? Share your experiences!