“Horrible experience” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Regal Inn

Save Saved
You added Regal Inn to your Saves list
Regal Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5415 Equipment Drive, I-85 exit 41, Charlotte, NC 28262 (Formerly Ramada Charlotte Northeast/University Area) (Mineral Springs)   |
Ranked #144 of 170 hotels in Charlotte

78 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

i have to say this was the worst hotel in the existence. Me and a friend book this through i travel agency giving it a three star rating. I wouldnt convince this hotel to my worst enemy top to bottom it was a horrible experience. When we arrived there i clearly booked the hotel requesting two double bed instead i recieved one king. They refused to work with me and given the short notice we I had no choice but to sleep in the same bed with a female friend somewhat uneasing. knowing we were there only for a wedding we made it work knowing we would only be there to sleep and change our clothes. the contiental breakfast was horrific stale cereal and old fruit. and to finish the star studded weekend the management came to the unit a day before asking us for our keys and or checkout time i was so enraged we packed our things and left stay away from this motel pay the extra money and get a far better hotel. This hotel was old, run down and in a horrible neighborhood.

Room Tip: Avoid all rooms
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
NE_Ramada_Charlotte, General Manager at Regal Inn, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
We appologize for your less than satisfactory stay here with us and hope that you give us a chance to serve you better in the near future. We are working hard daily to improve our customer service, housekeeping and maintenance issues. Thank you also for taking the time to write a review.
Gorham
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I have stayed at this chain of hotels before and have had no problems. The upkeep of the hotel was poor, very dirty and run down. We found a cockroach or two in our room upon leaving (if found sooner, we would not have stayed). I asked upon checking in if I could please pay cash rather than have my credit card billed and was told yes, to come back at check out and this could be done. When I went to check out the next morning, I was told that my card was already billed. I would not recommend any friends or family to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review for us, and we appologize for your less than satisfactory stay here with us. We are working hard daily to improve upon our customer service, housekeeping and maintenance. Please give us another chance to serve you better the next time you choose to travel.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

This was the worst experience I've ever had staying in a hotel. There was crap(literally) smeared down the wall, hair all over the bathroom, the bed had dirty sheets(w/ hair and dirt), the siding on the hotel was even coming off. I would be embarrassed to call this my hotel if I were Ramada. We ended up changing our hotel after being questioned and being talked about in a foreign language, to Days Inn, which was an amazing change. Do NOT make a mistake by staying here!

• Stayed May 2013
NE_Ramada_Charlotte, General Manager at Regal Inn, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Sorry for inconvenience . we will talk to housekeeper regarding to hair. our ceiling is 8'foot which is standard for hotel room. Tv is mounted on normal height desk. Again sorry for your stay. Please give us second chance to prove ourselves.

Been to Regal Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Regal Inn

Address: 5415 Equipment Drive, I-85 exit 41, Charlotte, NC 28262 (Formerly Ramada Charlotte Northeast/University Area)
Location: United States > North Carolina > Charlotte > Mineral Springs
Ranked #144 of 170 hotels in Charlotte
Hotel Class:2 star — Regal Inn 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Regal Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Charlotte Northeast Hotel Charlotte

If you own or manage Regal Inn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.