“Stay away.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Regal Inn

You added Regal Inn to your Saves list
Regal Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5415 Equipment Drive, I-85 exit 41, Charlotte, NC 28262 (Formerly Ramada Charlotte Northeast/University Area) (Mineral Springs)   |
Ranked #146 of 170 Hotels in Charlotte
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Stay away.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Here was the situation, I had booked a 2 night stay at this Ramada last minute. The cancellation cutoff time was 1600p the day before. I called at 1655p to cancel, and was informed I would be charged for a night.

So I decided, as long as I am paying, I might as well stay a night. To give you an idea of price gouging, a one night stay during the DNC convention cost $130: This Ramada should not be charging more than $45 a night.

Some Ramada's are very nice. Not this one. I would not call this a hotel. Every room opens to the outside. There is no grand lobby, and the location of this Ramada is not in a good part of town.

This is a franchised Ramada. The lady at the front desk was the owner. She had a thick accent, and really did not care about offering any customer service. She could not give a hoot if you were happy or not. Her son on the other hand, was very nice, welcoming, and wanted to make sure you were happy.

The lady assigns me a room. I go to my assigned room on the 1st floor and it had not been cleaned yet. So back to the front desk. This time the son helped me out. He apologized profusely and assigned me a room on the 2nd floor.

The temperature of the room was at least a 100 degrees. Rooms are small and cramped. And I am not fond of the air freshner this Ramada uses. So I turned ON the AC full blast and left the front door open so the room could air out, while I carried my luggage up the flight of steps.

Then I tried turning the CRT TV on. It was not working. So I called the front desk to inform them the TV was not working. The phone rang at least 10 times. The nice son answered. I said, the TV is not working, but I am only here 1 night, and I do not want to switch rooms again. Him: No problem sir, I will send over a different TV.

15 minutes later, a drunk maintenance guy shows up and replaces the TV. In summary, If you are looking for a quality, convenient, peace of mind stay, avoid this Ramada.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
NE_Ramada_Charlotte, Front Office Manager at Regal Inn, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
I wish that your stay here at Ramada had been a much better experience for you and for that we apologize. Shortly before your stay here, management changed hands and we're currently making changes and upgrades to the property that might change your opinion of us. We hope that if ever in the area again that you would come and take another look at things. Our pricing isn't set by us for special events, so we're sorry for the higher rates, but all the area hotels prices went up, as well. We do have three floors here at the hotel. The first & second floors are exterior entry and our third floor are all interior door with the whole third floor being non-smoking. We also have luggage racks and an elevator for your convenience. But again, we do apologize for any problems that you may have had during your stay here and hope that you will give us a chance to make it up to you!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Renfrew
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

The rate was good, but you know what they say..."You get what you pay for."

Room was dirty, pool was dirty, entrance to parking lot had glass on it. Our rooms sprinkler system had a bag over it, toilette didn't flush. We were travelling with friends, and their room wasn't even clean. Luckily, there were un-used rooms available, but room was still dirty.

A little investment in the hotel would help...some plumbing work, new paint and new carpeting would spruce things up.

I would recommend if you are looking for a cheap hotel and you aren't picky of a little dirt. Not recommended for folks who are a little more picky of their accomodations.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
NE_Ramada_Charlotte, Front Office Manager at Regal Inn, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thank you for your review. We're very sorry that you had problems with your rooms. We have recently changed ownership and we're updating many areas of the hotel. We hope that you will give us another chance to meet your hospitality needs in the future.
Winston Salem, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Didn't encounter any feces, mold or pubic hairs, so I'm giving it a "poor" rather than "terrible." That said, I do not recommend staying there or at any Ramada. Room service is poor, the pool is poorly maintained (open but not clean, with no towels in pool area), and crappy continental breakfast is not even open until 7:30.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
NE_Ramada_Charlotte, Front Office Manager at Regal Inn, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
We're very sorry your experience here at the Ramada wasn't a pleasant one. Given the opportunity, we would have done everything we could to make your stay a better one. In every guest room, there is a guest services directory notebook provided by the hotel with all kinds of useful information. We try to provide the guests with the most pertinent information upon check in, but what we may forget is provided in the notebook or by just asking us at the front desk. We strive to maintain high standards when it comes to our guests comfort and happiness. If ever in this area again, please give us the opportunity to prove that we can take care of your hospitality needs. Thank you for your feedback!!!
Lexington NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

My friends and I decided to take a trip to Charlotte for the night and made reservations online for this hotel despite the other reviews. IT WAS THE WORST MISTAKE EVER! The hotel is filthy, rundown and full of sketchy residents that made us all feel unsafe. The continental breakfast is a JOKE. Stale bread and cereal with hard muffins. I was so embarrassed to have chosen this place online. The hallway smelt of old dust and mold and the room had a awful odor as well. NEVER NEVER NEVER! PLEASE DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY. This is a crack motel to say the least.

Room Tip: Take the reviews into consideration so you dont waste your money like we did.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
We're very sorry to find out that you were unhappy with your stay here at Ramada. Given the opportunity we would have done everything we could have to make your stay a better one. Shortly before your visit here with us, management/ownership has changed. Many upgrades & changes have been made since your visit, so if you're ever in the Charlotte area again give us another try.
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

We stayed here August 3rd to go to the Allman Brothers concert at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater! It was close to lots of things (hungry howies being a must for us college kids). The hotel was great for the price honestly. I have no complaints, the room was great. Free breakfast and pool was open. Friendly staff.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We always love to hear that a customer had a good experience while staying here with us. Please come visit us again if you're in the Charlotte area.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

Horrible smelling room..feces found under toilet seat..pubic hairs and red stains found in bed and on comforter. Worst hotel room ive ever been in. and when calling for housekeeping we were met with long holding times.never stay in this hotel! I would rather sleep on a park bench. I will never stay with Ramada again..horrible standards.

• Stayed July 2012
We were very upset to find that your room was unsuitable. The room that you received was definitely an error on our part. We would have never put someone in a room that was dirty on purpose. This definitely is an isolated incident that is not part of our standards. We have high standards and want every customer that stays here to be happy and comfortable. We care about our customers needs, opinions and we welcome positive/negative feedback that will make us a better hotel in the long run. Thank you for your review!!
Hilton Head, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

To start, a large sign greeted us as we pulled into the parking lot " lock your car , remove your valuables ". Not exactly a way to make one feel safe, but moving on. The lobby and check in are next. The florescent lights flicker giving one the feeling that the power was ready to blink out at any moment, the " store "where you might pick up any small item you may have forgotten was dismal a few scattered items on dusty shelves. Check in was uneventful (yeah) next to the room. Upon opening the door I like most immediately flip on the lights....not here. The switch does not work so I stumble through the blackness and locate a lamp that works. The light revealed large dark spots scattered throughout the carpet. Microwave had been glued down and torn back up leaving glue and stripped furniture around it. The mini fridge contained the remnant of someone's previous dinner . The remote for the tv did not function ( not surprising ) . There were no towels in the bathroom. Upon turning down the bed I was disgusted to find a fair amount of hair on the sheets not like they had opened a super cuts in there but enough to know that those sheets had not been washed prior to my arrival. They did change the sheets...thank god. On the plus side, good water pressure.and the mattresses were comfortable. This would only be my "LAST" resort if staying in Charlotte, NC.

Room Tip: Avoid like the plague
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Andy P, Manager at Regal Inn, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your feedback. Our investment/management group recently acquired the property. We are working hard to raise the standards of our service and the property. We welcome you to stay with us again, and we would like to offer you a special discount – 20% off our published rack rate*. Simply print this email, and present it to the front desk agent during your next check in. We look forward to showing you our improvements. Thank you.

Andy Patel

*Discount subject to availability.

Been to Regal Inn? Share your experiences!