“AVERAGE STAY” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #103 of 170 Hotels in Charlotte
Reynoldsburg, Ohio
“AVERAGE STAY”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

We stayed here and it was nice. We where passing through really late and needed a cheap place to stay. It worked out perfect.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Murrells Inlet, SC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

Stayed here one night on the "Park & Fly" package before flying out of Charlotte. First room we were in did not have a clock, coffee maker, frig or microwave. After inquiring about the missing items, we were moved to a different room. Both rooms were very clean except for the bath tubs. The bottom of both tubs seems to be stained, and appear dirty. I would bet it's probably stained, but it begs the question, why? If a tub is thoroughly cleaned after each use, it should not be stained. I opted not to use the tub/shower; I'll shower when i get to Vegas! Also note there is not much around the hotel to get a bite to eat (a Waffle House and a Hibachi Buffet). The "complimentary" breakfast is only served from 5:30am to 8:30am (too early), and on a scale of 1 to 10 gets a 2. I would stay here again for one night to use the "Park & Fly package, well worth the price ($59, includes 2 weeks of parking and shuttle to and from the airport), but would not recommend for more than one night.

Room Tip: Some rooms do not come with a frig and microwave. If you want these items, ask when checking in or w...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

we were coming back from mexico the weekend of hurricane irene. our flight to charlotte got in around 7pm, but unfortunately our flight to new york at 8pm got canceled. we couldnt get a flight for days so was forced to stay in a hotel close to the airport that could shuttle us back and forth. we chose econo lodge because of the rate. however after staying for two nights 8/27 & 8/28 i have bed bug bites covering my body! i was grossed out with this place initially and my boyfriend told me i was being dramatic. our first night there was saturday, i woke up sunday morning with 2 bites, didnt think much of it considering them mosquito bites since they are similar. woke up monday with a few more bites still thinking mosquitos since i laid out by the pool on sunday. now i am home in NY and it is wednesday (3 days later) and i am absolutely covered in bites. from my ears to my ankles, thighs, arms, hands, neck and my face. please do not stay here. i used to stay at a lot of "economy friendly" hotels because of the prices. but i can tell you i will never ever stay at one of these hotels again. i had to pay to go to the doctor, pay for prescription drugs, pay to bomb my apartment, pay to get bed bug cover for my mattress and pillows, and pay for laundry of all my clothes. our room was 208. i am calling econo lodge now to yell at them. youve been warned

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Rochester Hills, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

Hotels like Econo Lodges tend to get poor ratings by travelers who I assume are used to slightly more upscale brands. Budget hotels can be hit or miss. You get some that are downright awful. Most are acceptable as a place to sleep for a night and some, like this one, are pleasant surprises. The room was spacious and clean. It did not have the run down quality of a lot of the older budget properties. The beds were comfortable. It had a generous breakfast with yogurt and fruit, something you do not often see at hotels at this level. It is near the airport and there are a lot of other hotels nearby, but oddly not too many restaurants. The only drawback for us was the lack of a guest laundry.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Danielsville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

The room was really clean. Staff was friendly. The only complaint I have got is,I asked for a room with a fridge in it but when I got there there wasn't one in the room so I had to pay more to get one with a refrigerator in it.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

Shuttle from the Charlotte airport drives every half hour and for the return trip you can make reservations at the reception.

After a ten minute drive you are at the hotel. Clean rooms and there is a small swimming pool. There are some vending machines if you want a drink or a snack. A simple breakfast is available in the morning.

Nothing special, but a good place to spend a night while traveling.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

Our flight from Charlotte was cancelled at the last minute, so the airline put us up at the Econo Lodge in Charlotte for the night (actually 5 hours). First, it took over 1/2 hour for the shuttle to come around (we saw other shuttles 2-3 times before we got picked up). On the way to the motel, the driver blatently drove through an obvious red light. When we got there, we informed the rude desk clerk that we had a 7:30 flight the next morning & would need a shuttle. She said "you have to sign my shuttle book over there". When we looked at the shuttle sign up, there were 20 people a head of us for 5:30. The shuttle only fits 9 passengers. We asked if there would be more than one shuttle since there were so many people signed up for the shuttle at that time. The answer was a resounding no (they would make as many trips as necessary).

The room was gross. It smelled like mold & mildew. Obviously very old & worn. 2 other people (on our shuttle) complained about snails/slugs and cockroaches in their rooms. I certainly do not doubt it.

We checked out at 5:15 the following morning (thinking that if we got a head jump on the rest of the people, it would lighten up the load & we'd get to the airport on time). The shuttle got there right as we went outside to wait (yay! our luck was changing). The driver went inside (for a gas card?) & promptly left again; not to return until 5:30 (there went our newly found good luck). When she did return, she informed us that we were to get on the shuttle in the order of the log book (the log book was still inside. She didn't even use it for a reference). There was only 1 other family (of 3) ahead of us in line & we are a family of 4. There were about 10 people who came outside after we did. However, we were certainly not the first signed on the book, so being honest (which is more than I can say about some other motel guests who got on that shuttle), we chose to stay & wait for the return.

Finally the shuttle returned & we got on (there were 10 passengers in total, but no one was willing to give up a seat, so we all went). There was a young mother & her 2 young children (ages 4 & 6) who were not traveling the same airline as the rest of us. The driver passed her airline & when the mother spoke up & said something, the driver told the mother (with 2 kids AND 3 large suitcases) to get out at the airline the rest of us were using & walk to hers. WHAT?!

If I had known what I was in for, I would've opted to stay the night at the airport (it was only 5 hours). Or, in hindsight, once I saw (& smelled) the room, I should've walked out & gone right back to the airport to wait for our flight. So much for Southern hospitality

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Charlotte Airport? Share your experiences!