“Nice Quiet Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #53 of 171 Hotels in Charlotte
Nashville, TN
“Nice Quiet Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2008

Came to Charlotte for an overnight stay on business. Hotel is very attractive inside, check-in was simple, room was clean and well kept. Bed was very comfortable. Room was quiet and the property was centrally located on the south side of town.
Nice Managers welcome reception with breakfast flow and food taste being good.
I would reccomend this property for business travel. I like Embassy Suites overall, but find them rather generic for pleasure travel.

• Liked — Clean, Quiet snd Efficient
  • Disliked — TripAdvisor
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Portland, ME
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2008

I was in town for 5 days/4 nights. Great rooms, very clean, love the separate living room and bedroom. The warm breakfast in the AM was good with eggs made fresh to order. And the happy hour in the evening was perfect. I did use the gym and the business center, both were adequate. The Omaha Steakhouse on site was very good and convenient. Would highly recommend this place to business travelers. Close to the Interstate and only a few miles from Uptown.

• Liked — Full Breakfast in AM, Free Happy Hour, Great Location
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Myrtle Beach
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2008

We stayed at this hotel 2 years ago and again this year. The rooms are clean and it is nice that there are two separate rooms where you can close the door between them. I didn't really look like anything had been done with this hotel since we left 2 years ago other than the business center went from 3 computers in a room to 1 computer in the hall way. We were there with a large group and it was nice to be able to meet with other group members for breakfast. The managers reception was nice with nachos and drinks but it is busy! A friends car was broken into in the parking lot and the video cameras did not pick up enough detail to help. Of course, this is not the hotels fault and cannot be prevented anywhere. It is not really located close to any nice eating place although they do have a nice and rather expensive restaurant on property where we did not eat. Others in our group ate there and said it was good. Overall the experience was okay but I would stay elsewhere if I had the choice next time as it was more expensive than other places close just as nice.

• Liked — Large rooms
  • Disliked — business center
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Atlanta ,Ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2008

Great stay. My friend and I are teachers and on occasions we get the kids together and set off to a new destination. The hotel appears to be fairly new. We had a great 2 bedroom suite with the living area separating the rooms.

The breakfast and manager's reception is one of the best that we have experienced because they offered fresh spinach and mushrooms as an omelette choice for breakfast and a variety of snacks in the evening including Jordan almonds, cinammon- coated pecans, Mike and Ikes and more.

Convenient to downtown and other attractions like Carowinds. Concord outlets and popular chain restaurants are on same strip which includes a Bass Pro shop... an extra "attraction" for the kids.

• Liked — Proximity to everything.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
South Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2008

This hotel is a great place to stay after a long busy day. I had driven 11 hours on a last minute business trip and was grateful to see there was an Embassy Suites Hotel in Charlotte, N. C. A terrible rain storm followed me into town and I made it to the hotel just before dark. I did not want to drive again that night to find a place to eat. This hotel was perfect because there is a steak restaurant in the hotel and the next morning I did not have to leave to get breakfast. The atmosphere in the atrium breakfast area is relaxing with the water falls and plants. My room was very clean and quiet. I barely heard the rain storm outside during the night. The bed and pillows were comfortable and the staff was very nice and helpful. I noticed the hotel has a small indoor pool and a gym. I did not use either because I did not have time. Both looked clean. The only strange thing was I did not have a reservation and I had to use the house phone in the lobby to make a room reservation then go to the desk to get my room. The people at the desk could not set me up in a room for some reason without a reservation. Although this is a strange policy it did not cause any problems.

• Liked — Relaxing atmosphere
  • Disliked — Having to set up a reservation through the house phone to get a last minute room.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2008

I am usually a lover of Embassy Suites hotels....never having a bad experience at one...until now. I actually recommended this hotel to the person I was with and felt like an idiot halfway through.

The staff in this hotel are virtually worthless. The first morning we were there, the breakfast area was a mad house with kids running around everywhere...not sure what was going on in the area or at the hotel, but it was pretty crowded. We had to ask for a plate to get our food in line and then had to wait for a good while until he brought some. We were in line to get orange juice (obviously some people there didn't think that they had to wait in line and just cut in front of us...a lot of that going on the entire time we were there) and there was an employee who cut in front of everyone and started to restock the glasses and clean the bar area...while we were all standing there waiting to get our drinks....it was the craziest thing I've ever seen!! It was as if she didn't even see anyone standing there the way she was just taking her time and oblivious to about 10 people standing around with empty glasses to be filled. I finally asked if she minded if we could get in there and get some drinks....she looked at me, grabbed a to-go cup and filled it up with orange juice, handed it back to me and never said a word...not sure if the others got their drinks or not!!!!

The breakfast was ok....some Embassy Suites are definitely better than others. The grits were hard and the bacon was greasy...the omelets were pretty good.
I cut my lip on a broken glass of orange juice the second morning.

The hotel was noisy with kids running everywhere...we had to peek out of our door to ask one preteen if she could quite down while she was on the phone yelling RIGHT IN FRONT OF OUR ROOM! I'm a pretty relaxed person....and this was driving me nuts.

The Omaha Steakhouse was good...We had two glasses of wine, a beer, a whiskey, two steak and crab cake entrees, and an excellent appetizer (I believe it was bleu cheese chips) and our bill before tip was about $83.00...not too bad, I don't think. Watch out....I had to send a martini back because it was STOUT. Not a bad problem, I guess. The only thing I did not like about the restaurant was the incredibly loud people behind us...we heard this guy's life story. He was really really loud....they finally left and I think the entire restaurant sighed in relief. Overall, the restaurant experience was pretty good....would have been better with earplugs maybe.

We asked for extra towels once and never received them.

There was water all over the elevator floors for much of the time we were there...probably from the kids swimming in the pool and running back and forth to their rooms.

The front desk staff were the only nice and prompt people there...but did not have to deal with them much.

Overall, it was not a good stay. Embassy Suites is normally a great hotel for the price, but this one just fell short drastically. It wasn't Hell...but there are probably much nicer hotels in the area to stay at. Would NOT recommend to anyone.

• Liked — The steakhouse..the room setup
  • Disliked — The staff, the mediocre breakfast, the noise, the water everywhere, oh...and there were only two computers in the business center so it was always occupied.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Phoenix
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2008

This Embassy Suites is currently undergoing renovations. It will be very nice when it is finished but is a little distracting with the noise now. One morning we opened our door to workmen outside with materials stacked up in front of our door and they were pulling electrical wire in the ceiling.

The cooked to order breakfast was good - especially enjoyed their omelets. Then we were able to enjoy breakfast by their little waterfall. Nice!

The Manager's Reception offers free drinks and snacks - nachos, pretzels, etc. Not bad for free. The bartender looks forward to a tip.

There is a Omaha Steakhouse and it is the only restaurant at the hotel. The food was excellent but was a little pricey.

They have a free shuttle to and from the airport which was appreciated. After reading a former review about cars being broken into we decided to utilize the free shuttle and not risk the rental car.

They have computers you can use free of change and print out your boarding passes. I appreciated that service.

The rooms are ok and there are two flat screen tvs.

• Disliked — The furniture in the living room area
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Embassy Suites Charlotte? Share your experiences!