“Just ok but good location” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Low Rates from $119!
Ranked #60 of 170 hotels in Charlotte
Charleston, South Carolina
“Just ok but good location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Weekend stay. Rooms were clean, great setup with separate bedroom, wet bar and living space. Location was great for downtown activities. Easy access on/off interstate and several trendy neighborhoods. Hot breakfast was good, but the continental breakfast area was not adequately stocked or re-stocked for the number of guests at the hotel. We were unable to get breakfast during one morning - it was all gone. Waited 10 minutes with no new food put out.
The noise level was unbelievable! The atrium just echoes any voice, waterfall, laughter, chatter, or whisper. We were on 3rd floor and it was still loud and outrageous at 11:45pm Saturday night! Hallway noise, slamming doors, kids running the hallways. It was a bit better with bedroom door closed, but for guests on the sleeper sofa, there was very little sleep. While the hotel has signs about 10pm noise curfews, it didn't seem like it was well enforced. Unfortunately when parents don't supervise their kids, we all end up regretting it. Hotel needs to do a better job of enforcing their rules for all their guests to make the stay enjoyable.
Microwave and fridge were great. No free wi-fi will make me stay elsewhere in this day and age though. Family has too many devices... Kids have homework on laptops.

• Stayed March 2013
KevinCharlotte, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Charlotte, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Hi Vicki B,
Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. I did take note of your comments regarding the noise in the hotel as well as the breakfast issue. I apologize as I'm aware you stayed during a weekend filled with sports teams. I've passed your comments to the managers and our security team as we strive to improve our service for all guests. Our breakfast buffet is very popular and understand that items ran low during the time you attended. We also monitor hallways for noise, particularly after 10pm. Please accept my apologies for the service lapses as we constantly strive to improve the guest experience. I also wanted to mention that we do offer complimentary internet service for our Gold/Diamond HHonors members. Thank you again for leaving your comments and I hope to see you return the next time you're in Charlotte. Kevin - GM

474 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Quatro Barras, PR
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

The hotel facilities are not bad at all. Good big rooms, clean.
But the amount and type of people is amazing. I've been in a weekend, and have seen everything in it. The almost armed security people at the elevator entrance makes full sense. The type of party that was going on at the 7th floor presidential suite was fearful.
Talking about the 2 elevators, 10 to 15 min every time I wanted to take it.
Breakfast is not special but not bad, but again, so crowded, so dirty, so much food spread on the floor,... Disgusting.
Never again

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
KevinCharlotte, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Charlotte, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Hi DavidKB,
Thank you for taking time to submit a review of our hotel. I did want to respond to the particular weekend in question. Based on your comment on the Presidential Suite party, I'm sure I know the weekend you are referring to. We had a group in the hotel that particular weekend that the hotel will not accept in the future. This group created issues for our other guests and impacted the quality of the experience for everyone else at the hotel despite the effort of our team. Please accept my apologies and I hope you will give us another chance.
Cordially,
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Love staying at this Hotel. Great Breakfast and friendly staff. Denisa was very professional and helpful when checking in. The rooms are great and it is a great place to meet someone for a breakfast meeting. It is very close to about anything in Charlotte. I usually stay before flying out the next day but if I'm in Charlotte for an extended time I will stay here. The rate do fluctuate at this Hotel which can be difficult to understand.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
KevinCharlotte, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Charlotte, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Mike H,
Thanks so much for providing a review of your recent experience at our hotel. I was very please to read that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your specifcally commenting on Denisa. We have a great team and they love being recognized when they provide exceptional service. I look forward to having you return the next time you're in Charlotte....Cheers! Kevin
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Wonderful. This hotel service was the best. Front desk, shuttle, breakfast, friendliness, and overall the best. This hotel makes you feel welcome and extremely helpful. Breakfast staff is the best. The staff once again was the best.

Hi WorldTraveler19999,

Thank you very much for posting your review of our hotel. I was very pleased to read your comments about our hotel's staff. I'm very fortunate to be surrounded by a group dedicated to providing the best service possible. I hope to see you return the next time you're in Charlotte.

Cordially,
New Market, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I had a chance to spend a week at this property while on business. The room was clean and comfortable. Not sure why Hotels in general just don't provide a normal pillow any more but I have got in the habit of bringing my own. We ha business meetings on site so we had the opportunity to eat all of our meals her also. The food was good, tasty, and fresh. The morning omlet bar was a hit for everyone. I would reccomend this property for personal or business stays.

Hi KevinJ3,
Thank you for providing a review of our hotel on Tripadvisor. I was please to see you enjoyed your stay and hope to have you return soon!
All the Best,
Fayetteville, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The higher up the room, the quieter it is. We were in the middle, and it was still very quiet. The room service is extremely good, and moderately priced. The staff is extremely courteous and efficient. Great location - central to everything! We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The higher up the room, the quieter it is. We were in the middle, and it was still very quiet. The...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Daphne N,

Thanks so much for providing a review of our hotel. I was very happy to see you enjoyed your stay and greatly appreciate your comments on our staff. I look forward to having you stay with us again!

Take care, Kevin - GM
Fort Washington, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

With the exception of check-in staff the service was good. Accomodations were average. The spring mattress bed was very uncomfortable. Housekeeping should dust behind the furniture more often and inspect the furniture for spots and stains. Room rates were inflated for a basketball tournament in the city. I was forced to stay an extra day to book a room during the tournament weekend. The location was great. It is five miles from downtown and about 3 miles from the airport.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Charlotte? Share your experiences!