“Great hotel but unfortunately not the safest area...” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Low Rates from $119!
Ranked #53 of 170 Hotels in Charlotte
Knoxville, TN
“Great hotel but unfortunately not the safest area...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

Beautiful hotel! Loved Omaha Steak House!!! The breakfast is fantastic! The service was great and the rooms were not only amazing but very clean. The only downfall is that I expected for the price & amenities that the area would be better. A lot of shady people walking the streets in front of the hotel & if you arrive after dark you may not feel as safe as you would hope. Overall a great hotel as long as you come & go during day light hours.

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Sanford, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Stayed 2 nights at this beautiful hotel while in Charlotte for the color run. Check in was seamless. Room was great size. Had a king size bed. Bathroom was standard. Clean but standard. Furniture in living area was in good shape. We had a total of 5 rooms, a few had an odd odor but, a few sprays of air freshened and it was gone. My favorite thing about Embassay Suites is happy hour and breakfast. Happy hour had snacks both nights, chips and salsa one night and peanuts another. The drinks were flowing though, I had diet coke. Breakfast is amazing...... Parking was included which is a nice bonus. Check out was quick and easy. It was a nice hotel, a great price, good location and we had a wonderful time.

Room Tip: It is fun to ride the see thru elevator, so 8th floor is great for people watching.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Beautiful Gainesville, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

enjoyed a nice 2 day stay for a sales meeting. breakfast was excellent and included in room rate. managers cocktail reception is also a nice freebee. front desk service was prompt and friendly. i wish Trip Advisor would give the character count at the bottom f the comment box.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
KevinCharlotte, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Charlotte, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear LVAFAN,
Thanks so much for taking time to comment on your stay with us last month. I was happy to see you enjoyed your stay and hope to have you visit again soon. Happy Holidays, Kevin - GM
Glossop, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Friendly reception staff, good room, good food in the restaurant - so why only an average rating?

$9.95/day/device for internet access, that's why! Yes, it's free in the business centre/lobby area, so in effect it's a charge for privacy & convenience.

We booked the Embassy Suites as part of a package - had we booked personally we'd have been looking for free wi-fi as part of the deal.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
KevinCharlotte, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Charlotte, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Dave B,
Thanks so much for commenting on your recent stay with us. I was glad to see you enjoyed our hotel. I understand you were disappointed in the hotel charge for the internet and I'm sorry that impacted your overall stay. In addition to the available complimentary internet access areas you mentioned, the hotel does offer a package that is inclusive of wireless access in your room. I hope we will see you return the next time visiting Charlotte.
Best Wishes, Kevin - GM Embassy Suites - Charlotte, NC
Flagstaff, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I hate to be so negative because there were many friendly people working here who tried to help us, but...
1. Paid extra for a corner suite...which faced a rooftop garage.
2. TV in living room did not work.
3. Shower would not turn on.
4. Room had a bad odor
When we checked in, I asked about getting picked up at the Enterprise office so I could return the rental car a day early. They said just to call when I got there and the shuttle would be right there (10 minute drive). So I called and waited 1.5 hours (no shuttle). I called again...they said the driver didn't want to stop at Enterprise and I would have to get to the terminal to be picked up. Nice of them to call me about this. Enterprise took me to the terminal whereby I waited another 20 minutes for the shuttle from Embassy Suites to arrive.
That evening there was a reception with some free food and drinks which we went to. The lobby area is decorated with 100000's of gallons of flowing water and waterfalls and it opens to the roof, probably 80-100 feet up. This area was as cold and damp as a London tomb and even the help was shivering. We both got sick from this experience.
Upon checkout they did deduct $50 from our bill, which was to their credit.
In spite of that, nothing about this hotel would make us ever consider staying there again, even though they allowed us to remain in the room 5 hours after checkout before getting to the airport (yes they took us and actually mercifully,got us there). A vacation trip is supposed to be a get away from stress, not a visit to stress and this hotel caused us both much of the latter.
The only redemption for this hotel was the 2 great, shivering cold ladies cooking omlettes down in the tomb. They deserve a raise or at least sweaters!!!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else...that's the best tip.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
KevinCharlotte, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Charlotte, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Murphy2,
Thanks very much for taking time to submit a review of our hotel. I was very disappointed to hear of your experience at our hotel. Please accept my apologies as it not typical of service. I've shared the review with our management team this morning highlighting some of the specifics you've mentioned. The team's goal is to provide an exceptional hotel stay for each and every guest and I'm sorry we fell short.
Cordially,
Kevin Plucker - General Manager
New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I like Embassy Suites. They have nice two-room suites and good service. This hotel was no exception. The Manager's Reception from 5:30 to 7:30 with free drinks is especially nice. Good food in the Omaha Steak restaurant. Great free breakfast. The only complaint I have about Embassy Suite hotels in general is that their coffee is the worst of any hotel I stay in. It's instant coffee! The coffee in my room is better...how often can you say that?

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here with my family for a recent panthers football game. Very nice hotel with great service and clean rooms. Issue with TV was not corrected but was attended to very quickly. The problem could not be fixed. Used points and paid only $50 for the room. Breakfast buffet was free and good. Can get cooked to order if you wish. Get there early to avoid the rush. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012
KevinCharlotte, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Charlotte, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear Manw869,

Thank you very much for taking the time to submit your review on our hotel. I was happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It was nice to see you take advantage of your HHonors points and catch a Panthers game. That's what our loyalty program is all about! Thanks for choosing our hotel and I hope to see you return soon.

Cordially,
Kevin Plucker - Gen Mgr

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Charlotte? Share your experiences!